i'm stupid &STFU. Watch

bethanycaddy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Stargazer23)
Trust me you're not stupid. You haven't seen my grades
it's so demotivating going on here with badish grades &so many people with A*s..
Jimbo1234
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bethanycaddy)
not going to uni isn't an option in my family..
Well maybe they should have tried better at raising you as intelligence is down to nurture.
If you are struggling with AS levels then uni is simply an extreme waste of money for you unless you can somehow guarantee that you will become smarter within the next year.
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ambs)
Well, but saying they're not 'real' people and the 'STFU' didn't really sound like you're too happy with them.

Don't get me wrong though - like I said I do understand it can be a bit disheartening at times (to say the least). Remember that this is a website a lot of people stumble upon while preparing their Oxbridge application or looking for academic advice, so it's bound to be filled with people worrying about their A*'s. Just ignore them and focus on your own studies, and accept that different people have different priorities in life and are good at different things.
i'm not too happy with the fact some people are getting these grades &then complaining they aren't good enough

it's like every 5minutes there's a thread saying "who ELSE is going to Oxford " ://
Arcanine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Man the **** up or shut the **** up.
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jimbo1234)
Well maybe they should have tried better at raising you as intelligence is down to nurture.
If you are struggling with AS levels then uni is simply an extreme waste of money for you unless you can somehow guarantee that you will become smarter within the next year.
i kinda started out clever
7s&8s in SATS
then it just went downhill

i just don't get the concepts of things like other people do
i can never be arsed to revise

and if i get something wrong it makes me feel crappy &i don't want to keep working..

my parents say its Uni or i move out now..

ever since i was little my mom had it in her head that i'd do Engineering like she started&didn't finish

even though i want to do business..
Piddly
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Everyone has a right to be here. It's just that on a broad average; clever sods are more likely to join an academia based forum. So you get an disproportional amount of geniuses on here.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
really?
good luck if you;re doing re-sits etc!
Eh, my teachers wouldn't even let me re-sit some of them, and now I've pretty much given up with them at the moment :erm:.

Don't follow my example though :o:; good luck to you :yy:
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Piddly)
Everyone has a right to be here. It's just that on a broad average; clever sods are more likely to join an academia based forum. So you get an disproportional amount of geniuses on here.
ahhh!
i didn't think of it like that!
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
Eh, my teachers wouldn't even let me re-sit some of them, and now I've pretty much given up with them at the moment :erm:.

Don't follow my example though :o:; good luck to you :yy:
do you intend to go to Uni?
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
do you intend to go to Uni?
I'm not too sure right now, still deciding. After struggling with and disliking doing A Levels, I'm really wondering whether uni is for me or not. I'm just currently going through a load of options and deciding which is best for me.
Leo*
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you're finding your subject choices difficult why not jump ship and try again with something different?
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leo*)
If you're finding your subject choices difficult why not jump ship and try again with something different?
i was thinking about doing this but tbqh i wouldn't know what else to choose..
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
I'm not too sure right now, still deciding. After struggling with and disliking doing A Levels, I'm really wondering whether uni is for me or not. I'm just currently going through a load of options and deciding which is best for me.
i like the IDEA of Uni
nightlife, new people etc.
just not the idea of failing Uni&all the work..
Leo*
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well what is it you aim to do at university? Or after Uni?
Arcanine
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
not going to uni isn't an option in my family..
Just shut the **** up. Whats with all the whining? And yeah your A levels aren't great, but thats your fault. You can get good A levels by just remembering stuff and working a lot before the exams.
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leo*)
Well what is it you aim to do at university? Or after Uni?
job
hopefully in Engineering
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i like the IDEA of Uni
nightlife, new people etc.
just not the idea of failing Uni&all the work..
Yep, I'm the exact same! The social aspects sounds rather appealing to me, but the thought of doing more difficult and stressful studying makes me feel rather nauseous
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arcanine)
Just shut the **** up. Whats with all the whining? And yeah your A levels aren't great, but thats your fault. You can get good A levels by just remembering stuff and working a lot before the exams.
i'm telling the truth &if you don't like that why are you still commenting?
you could leave.

because i don't get the work, even when i ask for help &do revision&do papers etc &that's MY fault?

i'm trying
it's not easy for everyone
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
Yep, I'm the exact same! The social aspects sounds rather appealing to me, but the thought of doing more difficult and stressful studying makes me feel rather nauseous
EXACTLY!

most people i know are going
i just don't want to fail.. ://
lawology
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think it's fair for you to judge people for their grades any more than it's fair for them to judge you on yours. YES some people on here get upset if they don't get all A's and A* but ultimately, it's all relative to the grades you need. I'd be very upset if I got AAB in my A levels - not because those are bad grades but rather because thats what I need to get into my university.

Similarly, I have friends who have offers from BBB universities and they'll feel the same way if they get BBC. A levels are just the hoops you have to jump through to get into university/the next stage of life, so if I get anything less than what I need, I won't be upset that I've got a B in something, I'll be upset that I've fallen short of the hoop that I've set myself and ultimately not have done the best that I feel I can.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (368)
37.32%
No - but I will (74)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (69)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (475)
48.17%

Watched Threads