Why the monarchy will survive forever Watch

nexttime
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Llamageddon)
The crown estate makes far more per year than the royal family costs. We get a pretty good deal out of the monarchy.
So you're saying the royal family are not given any money by the government at all? I think i can be forgiven for being skeptical...
The_Great_One
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by ussumane)
This is what I am thinking...tourists don't come here to see the Queen,they come here for the buildings,crown jewels and culture.

France gets more tourists than UK and they are a republic.
France gets more toursists because its on mainland europe and the weathers better, don't get your facts mixed up. Things in france are looking great now arent they...NOT.
Enoch.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The_Great_One)
France gets more toursists because its on mainland europe and the weathers better, don't get your facts mixed up. Things in france are looking great now arent they...NOT.
so?
The_Great_One
Rep:
?
(Original post by ussumane)
so?
which means its easier for most people from other countries to travel to.
Barden
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Name calling is the first sign of defeat
I didn't call anyone anything, I asked you a question.

Changing the topic in order to dodge a question is also a sign of defeat.
The_Great_One
Rep:
?
(Original post by Barden)
I didn't call anyone anything, I asked you a question.

Changing the topic in order to dodge a question is also a sign of defeat.
What was the question then?
scotland369
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tony Blair and gordon brown got their come uppance didnt they. They banned fox hunting and decomissioned the royal yacht britannia and neither of them were invited so it serves them right. Also fox hunting is being reintroduced shortly and it's about time. Some people have hobbies you know.
And were you invited to the Royal Wedding? If not- why not? Obviously being a sycophant isn't enough.
KJane
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by iainthegreat)
All men should be born equal. Random chance of which family you're born into should not dictate whether you are automatically some superior being.
I don't think they were born superior, just richer than everyone else. I think the Queen is superior because she's dedicated her life to a public duty, I don't know many other people who is a patron of 620 charities.
iainthegreat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by KJane)
I don't think they were born superior, just richer than everyone else. I think the Queen is superior because she's dedicated her life to a public duty, I don't know many other people who is a patron of 620 charities.
And I don't know anyone who owns as much land as her. Sure, she's patron to 620 charities, but think how much personal wealth she has in comparison to us. That's like me giving away a tenner.
The_Great_One
Rep:
?
(Original post by iainthegreat)
And I don't know anyone who owns as much land as her. Sure, she's patron to 620 charities, but think how much personal wealth she has in comparison to us. That's like me giving away a tenner.
So in other words your jealous of the queen and rich people in general. Thats what most lefty loonies are like and they want everyone to be poor.
Llamageddon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nexttime)
So you're saying the royal family are not given any money by the government at all? I think i can be forgiven for being skeptical...
No and frankly I don't understand how you reached that conclusion.
iainthegreat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So in other words your jealous of the queen and rich people in general. Thats what most lefty loonies are like and they want everyone to be poor.
Not at all. I wouldn't enjoy being rich, and would hate to be in the Royal Family. What I'm saying is that the system is ridiculously unfair and the fact that people mindlessly obey these so called 'blue bloods' is moronic. Anyone with a morals and care for their fellow human being would be against them.
nexttime
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No and frankly I don't understand how you reached that conclusion.
Perhaps articles like this by reputable newspapers, explaining how the royal family is struggling for funding and wants funding increases from the government, among others.

And when someone says they are skeptical, its nice to provide a source to your claim rather than just saying 'no' again!
correaman13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lol. im american and although i took ap european history i dk as much as id like to about uk royal families. do they even play a role in ur countries decision making? all my life ive been told they are simply fill a figure head role and not much more.
if that is the case why would u want to keep around a vestigial appendage like that?
ily_em
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by daisy_1)
i think morrissey described them perfectly - 'glorified benefit scroungers'
The Queen had 444 public engagements last year... way more work than benefit scroungers, I'm sure you'd agree. AND she's way into retirement age...
ViralRiver
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aj12)
I think if you have been killed by international terrorism then Biin Lardens death will always be bigger than the royal wedding
Bin Laden. Also, if you were killed, you don't really have a say on what you think is 'bigger'.
The_Great_One
Rep:
?
(Original post by correaman13)
Lol. im american and although i took ap european history i dk as much as id like to about uk royal families. do they even play a role in ur countries decision making? all my life ive been told they are simply fill a figure head role and not much more.
if that is the case why would u want to keep around a vestigial appendage like that?
Yeah they play an important role, we just never hear about it. Theres been loads of times the queen has told politicians to make ammendments to certain acts of parliament.
Rzc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
What an utterly disrespectful, vulgar and incredibly common thing to say. Crawl back under your rock.
Don't worry, it's too common these days to think something just because an artist you like thinks that way!
Llamageddon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nexttime)
Perhaps articles like this by reputable newspapers, explaining how the royal family is struggling for funding and wants funding increases from the government, among others.

And when someone says they are skeptical, its nice to provide a source to your claim rather than just saying 'no' again!
When somebody states they're not making the claim you're accusing them of, it's nice to read what they've written rather than just making the same accusation again(!!)
nexttime
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When somebody states they're not making the claim you're accusing them of, it's nice to read what they've written rather than just making the same accusation again(!!)
Oh, right I forgot that no =/= yes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.67%
No - but I will (106)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (648)
47.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise