Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website

New student-TU100 October 2011.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Bluku
Hi all,
Also starting TU100 in October. Made a thread myself around 2 months ago but didn't get much of a response, must have been a bit too early!

I am also excited to get going as the course looks very interesting, and it has been a few years since I studied. I dropped out of my A-Levels early a few years ago and have been in work ever since.

Happy to be in touch with anyone when the course gets going, so get in contact for any reason.

Dan
:biggrin:

Welcome Dan! :smile: I was looking around the forums for a thread on TU100 but couldn't find one! Nice to have you here.

Will definitely keep in touch and would like to hear from everyone in this thread once the course starts... see what we all make of it.

All the best with your studies mate! :smile:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by tweet
Hi everyone.
I'm starting TU100 in Oct and really looking forward to it. I was doing CIMA by home study but i've had to put that on hold at the moment.

I'm happy to keep in touch too Dan :smile:

Alison

Hey Alison, welcome to the thread dude :smile: Glad to hear you're looking forward to the course like the rest of us. You planning on going for a full degree with the OU?

Keep in touch and if I can help with anything feel free to ask. All the best with your studies! :smile:
Reply 62
Hi all,

Just thought I'd post a link to another TU100 video. Most of you have probably seen it already if you've watched the other links I posted, but thought I'd stick it up anyway in case anyone has missed it. Enjoy :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laE_VMEt-Dg&feature=related
TU100 Promo video
Reply 63
Original post by BigBadBazza
Welcome Dan! :smile: I was looking around the forums for a thread on TU100 but couldn't find one! Nice to have you here.

Will definitely keep in touch and would like to hear from everyone in this thread once the course starts... see what we all make of it.

All the best with your studies mate! :smile:

You too, will be interesting to see how it goes. Will no doubt be in touch with some of you soon. :smile:
Hi all

I too will be commencing on TU100 ... great to stumble on this thread. Don't feel so alone now!

Kieran
Reply 65
hi everyone im paul from wales starting this coarse in october nice to meet u all good luck
Reply 66
Hi all im Stuart, I too am studying the tu100 starting in october due to get course materials on friday according to the OU website (9th sept) The Ou website doesnt go live until the 11th i think have seen a few pics of the sence board and the scratch program on facebook groups too good luck all ...
Reply 67
Original post by PickleKicker
Hi all

I too will be commencing on TU100 ... great to stumble on this thread. Don't feel so alone now!

Kieran

Welcome aboard Kieran! Glad you find the thread useful :smile: Although only my first module with the OU, I've already got a gist of how isolating it can be studying on your own.... I think a great way to combat that feeling is by keeping active in forums like this. Best of luck with your studies dude and keep in touch!
Bazza.
Reply 68
Original post by paulchef
hi everyone im paul from wales starting this coarse in october nice to meet u all good luck

Hi Paul,
Welcome mate :smile: Thanks for the well wishes and the same to you buddy! Are you planning on going for a full degree? Or just testing the water?
Reply 69
Original post by stuartduke
Hi all im Stuart, I too am studying the tu100 starting in october due to get course materials on friday according to the OU website (9th sept) The Ou website doesnt go live until the 11th i think have seen a few pics of the sence board and the scratch program on facebook groups too good luck all ...

Hi Stuart, welcome pal :smile: Can't wait for the materials to arrive... roll on Friday :smile: Though I have heard that they can come later and even earlier than the stated dates at times, so we'll have to wait and see. I think the course website opens on the 22nd Sept if I remember correctly. Make sure you check out the links that have been provided in this thread and feel free to keep in touch. All the best with your studies mate! :smile:
Reply 70
Hi Stuart, welcome pal :smile: Can't wait for the materials to arrive... roll on Friday :smile: Though I have heard that they can come later and even earlier than the stated dates at times, so we'll have to wait and see. I think the course website opens on the 22nd Sept if I remember correctly. Make sure you check out the links that have been provided in this thread and feel free to keep in touch. All the best with your studies mate! :smile:

Yeah sorry just checked it is the 22nd sept that the website goes live, also friday is tyhe first day that materials MAy arrive lol i think im over keen too :smile: been looking at the youtube vids and reading course descriptions I also have downloaded scratch and messeed about with a couple of the tutorials there just to get a feel for the sense programmign environment which is based on scratch seems simple enough when the website goes live we will be put into tutor groups and will be able to blog and message on the forum on the OU website I did the B120 last year and the DD101 the year before and the Ou is very good at organising systems so that students and tutors can keep in contact... all the best hope i get my materials friday or im gonna be very jealous of those that do ...............
Stu
Reply 71
Original post by stuartduke
Yeah sorry just checked it is the 22nd sept that the website goes live, also friday is tyhe first day that materials MAy arrive lol i think im over keen too :smile: been looking at the youtube vids and reading course descriptions I also have downloaded scratch and messeed about with a couple of the tutorials there just to get a feel for the sense programmign environment which is based on scratch seems simple enough when the website goes live we will be put into tutor groups and will be able to blog and message on the forum on the OU website I did the B120 last year and the DD101 the year before and the Ou is very good at organising systems so that students and tutors can keep in contact... all the best hope i get my materials friday or im gonna be very jealous of those that do ...............
Stu

Lol @ being over keen lol :smile: I've had a quick look at scratch, but think I might give it a once over later this evening. Very interested to see how the course website, forum and blog are set out and can't wait for them to open.

Will post on this thread as soon as my materials arrive! Already waiting for a couple of other deliviries and a letter so the poor postie is pretty much being stalked as we speak lol All the best Stu :smile:
Reply 72
hi guys thanks for the welcome im new to this so here goes good luck
Reply 73
Original post by paulchef
hi guys thanks for the welcome im new to this so here goes good luck

No worries mate, if I can help with anything at all do give me a shout. Is this your first experience with the OU?

Welcome aboard Kieran! Glad you find the thread useful :smile: Although only my first module with the OU, I've already got a gist of how isolating it can be studying on your own.... I think a great way to combat that feeling is by keeping active in forums like this. Best of luck with your studies dude and keep in touch!
Bazza.

Hi again and thanks for the add. I have joined the Facebook group also to help keep in touch with fellow course members. This is my first ever OU course so I am jumping in at the deep end (holding my nose of course!)

BTW, I am more dudette than dude ... my name is slightly misleading I know!
Reply 75
Hi again and thanks for the add. I have joined the Facebook group also to help keep in touch with fellow course members. This is my first ever OU course so I am jumping in at the deep end (holding my nose of course!)

BTW, I am more dudette than dude ... my name is slightly misleading I know!

My bad dudette! :smile: Though I do call both guys and girls dude, but apologies anyway. It's also my first OU experience, seems to be quite a few of us on this course. Are you planning on doing a full degree?

My bad dudette! :smile: Though I do call both guys and girls dude, but apologies anyway. It's also my first OU experience, seems to be quite a few of us on this course. Are you planning on doing a full degree?

I suppose, eventually, yes however I am making no firm plans until I can complete this course! I will be honest and say I feel a little daunted however I am sure TU100 will ease me gently into structured education once more!

How about you ... are you planning on a degree?

And no worries re: the dude, dude. :O)
Reply 77
I nearly signed up for this course but as I've already done two level 2 courses on digital tech I thought I might be going over some of the same ground. You'll have to let me know how it goes though. Nearly signed up to play with that sense board thing alone!! :smile:
Reply 78
I suppose, eventually, yes however I am making no firm plans until I can complete this course! I will be honest and say I feel a little daunted however I am sure TU100 will ease me gently into structured education once more!

How about you ... are you planning on a degree?

And no worries re: the dude, dude. :O)

:smile: I'm sure you'll be fine. The course looks as if it does ease you in gently... and remember, it is level 1 :smile: If I can help with anything do ask!

I'm hoping to get a Bsc (hons) Computing and IT degree in about 4 years. Going to start with TU100 and then straight into a level 2 course in Feb followed by another level 1 course in May. I'm very interested in programming and all things technology/IT so hopefully that passion can drive me forward! :smile:

Here's a link to scratch, the software that Sense is based off of, have a little look and hopefully it eases your worries a bit:

http://scratch.mit.edu/

As you can see, it does look very user friendly and simplistic. At least that's what i keep telling myself lol
Reply 79
Original post by Nitebot
I nearly signed up for this course but as I've already done two level 2 courses on digital tech I thought I might be going over some of the same ground. You'll have to let me know how it goes though. Nearly signed up to play with that sense board thing alone!! :smile:

Will do dude! I have to admit, the senseboard and sense software are what drew me into the course! lol I'm a sucker for gadgets! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest