Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    Not it's not. Especially if you're buying white pasta, which most people do. All it is is carbs with one portion of vegetable (if that). There's no protein in it and not really enough vegetables for a main meal. While I wouldn't say it is unhealthy, it's not something you should be eating every day.
    Sorry oh great pasta lord. It's cheap, that's all I care about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarveyCanis)
    Sorry oh great pasta lord. It's cheap, that's all I care about.
    It's fine if you want to eat it because it's cheap. That's your choice. Just don't claim that it's 'incredibly nutritious' because it's not true.

ReputationRep:
    How expensive is healthier pasta? Like whole grain pasta for example ( if there is such a thing)

ReputationRep:
    Buy the biggest pack of beef mince you can find (lean is preferable), fry till brown, then add to a homemade tomato sauce (fry onions, garlic, add tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, salt and pepper). From that you can make a spag bol, and freeze the rest. You should be able to get about 3 or 4 further meals out of - chili con carne, shepherds pie, even a beef curry - whatever you can think of basically. Healthy, tasty and cheap.

ReputationRep:
    Eat your least favourite roommate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Real Quaid)
    Cheese is healthy?
    of course!!! ...but in moderation :yes:

Cheese is a good source of protein, calcium and phosphorus. Obviously it's fattening so probably not very "healthy" for obese people... but i'm quite tiny and usually can't be bothered to eat much... so sometimes i just resort to a slice of cheese to prevent me from becoming a complete anorexic :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mihai)
    How expensive is healthier pasta? Like whole grain pasta for example ( if there is such a thing)
    Barely a difference - 1-2p, if that. Wholegrain pasta is sold along with the rest of the pasta. If I'm on a lower budget, I'll normally either get 1 big packet of Whole&Wheat (supposedly a mix of white pasta and the goodness of wholegrain) or two smaller packets; one wholegrain and one white. I like the variety.

On the note of the thread, if nobody's mentioned it yet stuffed peppers are an awesome meal, with pasta. Stuffing it with chickpeas, veg (onions, peas, tomato) and the likes is really yummy.

ReputationRep:
    Icelands meals for one are really nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhy)
    -You might find this gross, but drinking your own urine isn't so bad. If you have a water filter, pee into it and collect the filtered water from it. It'll still taste slightly of pee, but it's better. But don't keep it for too long, because it's a breeding ground for bacteria.

-If you're struggling for water, as said before, drink pee, but you may run out of pee. Collect rainwater and drink it. You can also get water by sucking the moisture from some leaves.

alright Bear Grylls. :bear:

ReputationRep:
    PastaPastaPasta.

Nutritious and cheap is achieved by making your own sauce (in bulk and storing it) tasty is acheived by it being pasta and the easiest thing to cook in the world.

ReputationRep:

This. Made it the other day and it was :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Tesco have a really cheap cheese offer atm, buy one block for £4 and get two more free. I can't remember the brand off the top of my head, but its in a blue package.

ReputationRep:
    A plate of yorkshire puddings and gravy

ReputationRep:
    Get a sandwich toaster and make toasted curry sandwiches.

For the healthier option make the curry yourself, you could make a big batch up and freeze individual portion sizes.

Or for the less healthy option use left over takeaway.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.