Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    His investment didn't come from people inside Goldman though, so what possible motive would they have had to let the company that they work for almost go bankrupt - losing them their jobs, their homes, and a large chunk of their personal wealth? If you'd bothered to read any of the swathes of books written about Paulson you would know that it was primarily Pellegrini who came up with the tactic after many hundreds of hours of hard work. There are blow by blow accounts with timelines, and the buying was done over a considerable amount of time. It wasn't like someone at Goldman twigged, rang up Paulson and said 'buy this new financial instrument I just created for you that will make my bank implode' and within an hour he had exposure to that amount of CDS insurance...

Bloody hell, get your tin foil hats out guys.
    What you read was what he wanted you to read not what actually happened on the inside , history is written by the victors .If you followed the story from the inside ,it is a different story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    I don't get what's the big deal, he was just being honest.

It's not traders job to worry about economy recovery, if it's market volatility which can earn them money. Not exactly a "shocking revelation" :rolleyes:
    It is certainty and knowledge (insider knowledge or otherwise ) which gives you an edge to make money.Uncertainty about the markets and volatility is not the time to place bets ,they can go either way 50/50 ,so you are basically gambling without an edge.An edge combined with certainty and volatility can make you good money.It is not just market volatility which you refer to in the interview.

The lucky ones who make money in the above fashion are often trading sluts , they sit on the lap of the giant vampire squid.Remember the ol saying " hollywood stars have to go sit on the producers lap , be in the right place at the right time ,and they are made"

There is another way of trading the market purely based on volatility .Take the volatility of an instrument on intra day basis , start betting red/black on the intraday volatility of say euro/usd which is on average 6% daily or 1500 % a year , based on 15 min charts data over last 10 years.This volatility trading is on micro basis ,extract your daily profits of 1 % from several instruments indices,commodities and currencies.Start with $200k , compound your profits on a weekly basis , and within a few years ,most of you will be like George Sorros i.e billionaires.Just by capturing some of the daily volatility will make you billionaires.

Most of the students are so naive , they believe everything they are brainwashed with , they believe in propaganda books without questioning the purpose behind the books.None of them know who was investing behind the scenes in the greatest trade (or the fraud behind the greatest trade).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oilfxpro)
    You really wouldn't know what I am talking about because you know very little about real trading from the inside.Oil stands for crude oil futures , fx stands for currencies , pro stands for the master of the markets = oil fx pro.stocks , shares , futures , commodities , options ,trading systems ,financial trading etc is my field.

How would you expect something you would not know about to make sense?How would you be able to respond to something you have little knowledge of?

Which university is offering you your trading knowledge?
    Lmao, I know what oilfxpro means; I was asking why you have it as your name when you appear to be somewhat delusional about trading/markets/finance. I have a reasonable amount of knowledge on these matters. I think it may be you who is lacking in knowledge. Universities do not offer trading knowledge, although as you seem to care about where I go to university I go to Imperial, and you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R92)
    Lmao, I know what oilfxpro means; I was asking why you have it as your name when you appear to be somewhat delusional about trading/markets/finance. I have a reasonable amount of knowledge on these matters. I think it may be you who is lacking in knowledge. Universities do not offer trading knowledge, although as you seem to care about where I go to university I go to Imperial, and you?

My uni is financial markets.Reasonable knowledge is a subjective statement .LYAO.

Trading knowledge can't be gained from reading books , if only these authors knew how to trade ,it can only be learned in the markets. otherwise everybody would be trading and not writing books for clueless non-traders.The only money these authors and unsuccessful traders make is from writing books , and you actually read books written by fraudsters involved in fraud .That is how great your knowledge and conviction about trading is.If trading could be taught ,there would be university courses on trading.I have a collection of 40 trading books ,worth about $2k at cost ,all written by educated preeks.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...-fraud-charges

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.