Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    Yeah bro. Using emphatic language on internets is totally a good indicator of my level of care in the real world. ;p

This site is for time wasting, that's pretty much it.

I'm definitely smarter than you. Though I may be a troll. Kinda.
    The funny thing is I used to be just as egoistical as you. When I was 13.

I grew out of the stupid thoughts by the time I was 15 though. I kinda grew up.

So, yeah... :troll:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j2s0n)
    The funny thing is I used to be just as egoistical as you. When I was 13.

I grew out of the stupid thoughts by the time I was 15 though. I kinda grew up.

So, yeah... :troll:

Wait. You genuinely believe that being egoistical has something to do with age, and that it's something that someone that has 'grown up' is not?

Haha.

I may be trolling, but you're quite obviously a deluded fool.

Also, luls at whatever dumbasses thumbed me down for my original post, which was probably the most sensible and truthful post in this entire ****ing thread. The very premise of this thread is stupid.

ReputationRep:
    a big fat NO....music today is as good if not better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    Wait. You genuinely believe that being egoistical has something to do with age, and that it's something that someone that has 'grown up' is not?

Haha.

I may be trolling, but you're quite obviously a deluded fool.

Also, luls at whatever dumbasses thumbed me down for my original post, which was probably the most sensible and truthful post in this entire ****ing thread. The very premise of this thread is stupid.
    Geez. You're like a bad youtube troll. The idea is to get me mad not bored! If anything you're only making yourself mad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j2s0n)
    I literally laughed at how mad you got over this. You need to calm down.

Oh btw. http://i.imgur.com/YvOMw.jpg
    I wish I could be as easily amused as you are.

However what I do kind of find amusing is your particular brand of internet retardation. The whole:

1) Come out with unintentionally stupid statement.
    2) Get rightfully put in your place.
    3) Respond with the whole "LOL Y U MAD THO" rhetoric.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yituool)
    I wish I could be as easily amused as you are.

However what I do kind of find amusing is your particular brand of internet retardation. The whole:

1) Come out with unintentionally stupid statement.
    2) Get rightfully put in your place.
    3) Respond with the whole "LOL Y U MAD THO" rhetoric.
    I'm sorry, what stupid statement?

The guy I quoted claims he "fully explores music". Now that is a stupid statement.

If by "put in your place" you mean some stranger on the internet calling you stupid for having a different opinion then more fool you.

edit: just read what he said in the post you quoted... just read it...

ReputationRep:
    @OP

You've made the key mistake here of saying 'good' in relation to music. 'Good' is subjective. If I love the sound of an iron hammer hitting a breeze block for three hours then guess what - that music is 'good' for me. Metalcore, which is, in my opinion, one of the most exciting genres of music around at the moment, did not exist before 1990. Neither did Rage Against the Machine, one of the best bands of the last 5000 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j2s0n)
    I'm sorry, what stupid statement?

The guy I quoted claims he "fully explores music". Now that is a stupid statement.

If by "put in your place" you mean some stranger on the internet calling you stupid for having a different opinion then more fool you.

edit: just read what he said in the post you quoted... just read it...
    Assuming that someone hasn't even been to a concert for some unknown reason just seems downright retarded to me. I get the feeling you're one of those obnoxious Radiohead fanboys who think they even have the ability to be pretentious.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming that someone hasn't even been to a concert for some unknown reason just seems downright retarded to me. I get the feeling you're one of those obnoxious Radiohead fanboys who think they even have the ability to be pretentious.
    Oh you flatter me too much.

In all seriousness, you've misconstrued what I said. I meant a concert orchestra not a gig.

Not a question I think is pretentious. After all, he did claim to have a wide concept of music. He made it quite clear he wasn't just a casual person who listens to "Rise Against" in their room with their headphones on.

edit: PS. Calm down. You have a chip on your shoulder. I get it. Just don't rub it over everything you touch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j2s0n)

In all seriousness, you've misconstrued what I said. I meant a concert orchestra not a gig.
    Either way, why would you assume that?

Just because you went to babbies' first orchestral concert, it doesn't automatically qualify you as someone who knows what they're talking about.

ReputationRep:
    Either way, why would you assume that?

Just because you went to babbies' first orchestral concert, it doesn't automatically qualify you as someone who knows what they're talking about.
    Because it's experiencing music. Something he's claimed to have done.

Why are you being so $hitty about this? It's not exactly out of the question to assume someone who has a wide variety of music would have done. You're not even the guy who I originally quoted, so I don't see what your beef is.

ReputationRep:
    You're just not looking hard enough my friend
    And I quite like grunge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j2s0n)
    Because it's experiencing music. Something he's claimed to have done.

Why are you being so $hitty about this? It's not exactly out of the question to assume someone who has a wide variety of music would have done. You're not even the guy who I originally quoted, so I don't see what your beef is.
    Cos I like being '$hitty'.

ReputationRep:
    Cos I like being '$hitty'.

OK then. This 'conversation' is over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j2s0n)
    OK then. This 'conversation' is over.
    Which reminds me of Biffy Clyro, another fantastic band that didn't exist before the 90's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenjamin)

- The 80s SUCKED for music, big time. All that novelty synth pop because digital technology was only just being developed so people felt like they HAD to use it. All that hair metal consisting of mullets, leather and bandanas. It was pretty terrible times.

- Grunge was a great time for rock. Stripping of egos and pretension and taking it back to music from the people for the people.
    To an arrogant, pretentious opinionated tit like yourself, maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robocop1andahalf)
    The irony in that statement probably doesn't occur to you does it?

ReputationRep:
    How could you include the 90s?

ReputationRep:
    You can't really compare 40 years of music to whatever's recent. You'll only remember the good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robocop1andahalf)
    Yep

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.