The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Teesside Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

arghh, Just realised that I had to return a form for the interview!!! And it was meant to be done by Jan 20th :s-smilie:
I really hope they still let me have the interview (on Feb 1st) :frown:
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Reply 61
Accepted teesside as my firm :biggrin:
Original post by rayyychel
Accepted teesside as my firm :biggrin:

I will hopefully be doing this next week!
Original post by white_zinfandel
At the end of the day, you are at Uni for your education frst and foremost. If the course is the best for you at Middlesbrough, then it's probably the best place.

Certainly from a student perspective I thought it was great. It's one of the cheapest places in the country to live, the campus is all really close together so you can jump out of bed and be at lectures within a 5 min walk. There are several pubs/cafe bars that run right through the centre of the campus and the town centre with all the main high street shops is literally 10 minutes flat walk away.

Tesco Express and Aldi were also very close by for food shopping, as were numerous takeaways and snack bars with the train station also a short walk away for easy trips home.

I live near Leeds and there are 3 Universities in the city. Whilst it is a great place it also has some horrid areas but it equally has some fabulous ones and the nightlife and shopping are great. However it isn't cheap, most of the accommodation is at least half an hour walk to the Uni's and 15 minutes into town and many of the halls mean getting a bus ride into the city. Getting cheaper food shopping means a taxi ride back with bags or home delivery (or abandoned shopping trolleys stolen from Morrisons)

The choice of course is yours, but Teesside is more than good for me :biggrin:

Indeed!
Original post by Mikee250
hey guys, finally a thread for Teesside, looked for ages :biggrin:
Applying for Computer Animation and got an invitation to an interview next week, soo nervous :s-smilie:.. not looking forward to a 5 hours journey in the morning mind haha but Teesside is my number one choice :biggrin:.. cant wait till next year!

My thoughts exactly! Keep searching Teesside but it seems TSR likes to keep it hidden lol. Wow take it you live quite a few miles away then? I too can't wait to start (hopefully firming teesside soon) but I'm only an hour away :biggrin: x
is anyone wanting to do Computer Forensics at Teesside??
Hey, glad I found this, been looking for ages for a Teesside thread so eventually made my own (Teesside University Undergraduates 2012)

I'll be studying law, anyone else doing the same or something similar?

Also, what accommodation is everyone looking at?
Went to an interview yesterday and I was quite impressed :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by Darkphilosopher
Went to an interview yesterday and I was quite impressed :smile:

I did too, what was it for?
I liked the university but I wasn't so keen on Middlesbrough itself... then again, I only saw the area between the uni and the train station which my friend who lives up there tried to convince me was the roughest end :wink:
Original post by Toshiya
I did too, what was it for?
I liked the university but I wasn't so keen on Middlesbrough itself... then again, I only saw the area between the uni and the train station which my friend who lives up there tried to convince me was the roughest end :wink:

Computer science.
Reply 70
I went there the other day and got offered a place. I was really impressed with the university, and for all the horror stories I'd heard about the city, it wasn't that bad.
Offer for Psychology, anyone know what the course/facilities are like??
Reply 72
Original post by ThomasC1993

Also, what accommodation is everyone looking at?

I'm looking at King Edward's Square for accomodation :P because it's bang on campus
Reply 73
Hey all, just checking in from America. Received a conditional offer today to the Teesside Aerospace Engineering programme! Looking forward for my visit soon!

All the best & Good luck to all,
James Thomson
Reply 74
Finally got an offer for Accounting & Finance :biggrin:
Congrats everyone to getting an offer or interview!

Last year was the same with not finding any info, so someone made a facebook page.

Oh interviews are both an interview and an open day.

I'm in my first year in computer animation btw.
Reply 76
Original post by Mutedmirth
Congrats everyone to getting an offer or interview!

Last year was the same with not finding any info, so someone made a facebook page.

Oh interviews are both an interview and an open day.

I'm in my first year in computer animation btw.

How are you liking everything thus far? I've heard good and bad things about Middlesbrough.
My interview went surprisingly well, now have a reduced conditional offer to study Computer Science in September

Offer: 240 points from Extended Diploma in IT (Software Development)

What also amazed me was the fact that they didn't actually include my GCSE Mathematics resit (I only have a D). I was told in the interview an exception would be made, but I never really believed it until now :biggrin:.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 79
Hi I'm from Malaysia. I'm going to study bsc hons IBIT at Teesside U this Sept 2012.

Quick Reply