Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james22)
    Isn't that what I said?
    I completely misread your comment, sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lulubel)
    oh, look. politicially correct justice comes back to haunt the politicially correct.

how dare you hypocrites complain now.
    Define 'politically correct' and you will see why your post makes no sense.

ReputationRep:
    pc people love this sort of weak justice.

ReputationRep:
    pc people love this sort of weak justice.
    Do you advocate punishing the mentally ill?

ReputationRep:
    oh, look. politicially correct justice comes back to haunt the politicially correct.

how dare you hypocrites complain now.
    I don't see anyone complaining.:confused:

Anyway. If he really is ill. It's better that he spends the rest of his life in a psychiatric ward with staff who are trained to deal with people like him rather then him be put in prison for 20years then let loose on the public whilst he's still ill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    Norwegian terrorist Anders Behring Breivik shouldnt be punished - Official report.
    Article in spoiler

Cant help but think that if he was a muslim and had a name of Muhammad Bin Hanif Bin Ghafaar or something, he would've been on the next plane to Guantanamo Bay, without a trial & tortured for treason!
    So true. He only gets away with it because he's blonde and blue eyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrow)
    So true. He only gets away with it because he's blonde and blue eyed.
    Unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Funny how the refer to him as a Lone Gunman and anti muslim gunmen

and not as a Militant White Suprematist or Zionist Terrorist, or Christian Militant all of which he is

they dont call Muslim Terrorist anti american gunmen or anti Military Bases gunman or anti Iraq war bomber

if you watch a video of some guy in a cave that automatically makes you a member of Al Qaeda or "Al Qaeda affiliate" in eyes of the western media

ReputationRep:
    He was diagnosed with Paranoid Schizophrenia- pretty accurate, I'd say, given that the organisation he claimed to be part of and elaborately developed a backstory for never actually existed. He was tried by a panel of certified psychiatrists and any Muslim terrorist would have gotten the same treatment, had they actually been insane. He'll never walk the streets of Norway again, no need to worry- even if they declare him "cured" at some point (which they never will) they'll just ship him right back to jail.

Anyways, from a utilitarian perspective, the Pope is far guiltier than Breivik.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Man.)
    Do you advocate punishing the mentally ill?

let me rephrase that sentence for you. do i advocate protecting the public from the mentally sustable who are far more of a danger to the public than the mantally able.

yes. i do.

ReputationRep:
    let me rephrase that sentence for you. do i advocate protecting the public from the mentally sustable who are far more of a danger to the public than the mantally able.

yes. i do.
    Such as detaining a criminal in a Psychiatric hospital?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    Unfortunately.
    you are misreading the situation completely. he is being classed as mentally ill so all right wing ideas can be dismissed as mentally ill. its a cynical opportunist ploy by the establishment to demonise their enemies.

when a left wing or islamic extremist commits terrorism, the establishment asks why. when a right wing extremist commits terrorism, they comdemn it as insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FSP)
    Funny how the refer to him as a Lone Gunman and anti muslim gunmen

and not as a Militant White Suprematist or Zionist Terrorist, or Christian Militant all of which he is

they dont call Muslim Terrorist anti american gunmen or anti Military Bases gunman or anti Iraq war bomber

if you watch a video of some guy in a cave that automatically makes you a member of Al Qaeda or "Al Qaeda affiliate" in eyes of the western media
    Well, he was a Long Gunman and anti muslim guman. I am not sure either of those descriptions are inaccurate.

ReputationRep:
    you are misreading the situation completely. he is being classed as mentally ill so all right wing ideas can be dismissed as mentally ill. its acynical opportunist ploy by the establishment to demonise their enemies.

when a left wing or islamic extremiss commit terrorism, the establishment asks why. when a right wing extremist commits terrorism, they comdemn it as insane.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    you are misreading the situation completely. he is being classed as mentally ill so all right wing ideas can be dismissed as mentally ill. its a cynical opportunist ploy by the establishment to demonise their enemies.

when a left wing or islamic extremist commits terrorism, the establishment asks why. when a right wing extremist commits terrorism, they comdemn it as insane.
    No, you tinfoil wearing cuckoo, he's being classed as mentally ill because he was diagnosed by medical professionals as being a paranoid schizophrenic!

ReputationRep:
    Such as detaining a criminal in a Psychiatric hospital?

when i made my opening comment on here it was for the people who agree with weak justice who think the mentally ill should not be blamed for their actions. this has always baffled me, so i called people out on it because it seems like people are unhappy because a 'right wing' nutter is being classified as mentally ill and could be released in a few years.

the only reason why people care is because this nutter is right wing.

my point was clear, all mentally ill people should be considered a massive danger to society and those who treat them with kid gloves should realise that these people are more of a danger to the public than 'ordinary' criminals and always will be.

violently mentally ill people should be treated more harshly than non mentally ill because they are so unstable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    :rofl:

nice response you racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrigidSymphony)
    No, you tinfoil wearing cuckoo, he's being classed as mentally ill because he was diagnosed by medical professionals as being a paranoid schizophrenic!

i have a bridge to sell you in alaska.................

ReputationRep:
    when i made my opening comment on here it was for the people who agree with weak justice who think the mentally ill should not be blamed for their actions.
    I believe that the mentally ill should not be blamed for their actions.

ReputationRep:
    I believe that the mentally ill should not be blamed for their actions.

i believe that rabid dogs should not be blamed for their actions, but that does not mean rabid dogs should be released amoungst the public

its not aquestion of blame. but of danger they pose. sadly, the mentally ill are treatred as if they are not a danger just because they are not 'responsible' ( apparently ) for their actions.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2012
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.