The Student Room Group

FOOD AND DRINK: The GREATER of Two Evils!

Scroll to see replies

I LOVE peppercorn sauce on steak, so the first one is worse!

What's worse:

Having dinner with someone who chews really loudly

OR

Having someone staring at you whilst you're trying to eat
Reply 61
The latter. I hate people watching me eat. SO much. I can't relax!

Worst:

Overcooking rice (cue sloppy mess)

OR

Undercooking pasta?
Reply 62
I really want to progress this thread but those exact two were already asked and I already answered it! *sob*
Overcooking rice is worse. I like pasta hard, soft, medium, al dente, PASTA NOM.

Whats worse..

stale crisps or stale biscuits
Reply 64
Stale crisps! At least with the biscuits you can make a milkshake!

worst:

Overeating to get your money's worth at a buffet

Or

Not getting enough at one of those expensive 'we only serve tiny meals' places?
urm, overeating makes me feel worse :frown: (but is more fun lol)

having a rock-hard stale cornetto with a soft cone, or a magnum that has been pre-shattered before you bite it?
Reply 66
Soft cone is worse because it tastes like carboard.

Which is worse- fruit that has is old and too soft or bread which is old and too hard?
Original post by syrettd
Soft cone is worse because it tastes like carboard.

Which is worse- fruit that has is old and too soft or bread which is old and too hard?

Too soft fruit. Old bread has many uses! Be it breadcrumbs, meatballs..or for the birds! (check me Bill Oddie)

which is worse, eating a dish that is too spicy for your taste or eating a nice dish that has gone cold.
Reply 68
Cold dish. I hate reheated stuff so I wouldn't be able to do that. I hate spices but my ex liked spicy food so I just learnt to get on with it.

Which is worse- having no chocolate but lots of food for a meal, or having no food for a meal but lots of chocolate?
Reply 69
Not having an actual meal would suck. You'd end up just eating a ton of chocolate and being sick.

GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

A pie with hardly any solid filling (padded out with just gravy)

or

A bag of crisps that's 80 percent air?
Original post by TotoMimo
Not having an actual meal would suck. You'd end up just eating a ton of chocolate and being sick.

GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

A pie with hardly any solid filling (padded out with just gravy)

or

A bag of crisps that's 80 percent air?

The crap pie. Because pretty much all crisp packets are 80% air now, so I've become used to it. :frown:

What's worse:
Too much salt

OR

No flavour?
Reply 71
No flavour, it's just disappointing.

Burning sausages

Or

Burning your chips

(in making one meal of sausages and chips)
burning chips is worse!

dropping your icecream on the floor, or dunking your biscuit and it falling off into your drink?
Reply 73
Ice cream on the floor. I actually like the mushy stuff t the end of tea!

Your taco shell breaking as you go to take a bite

Or

Your wrap ripping as you make your fajita?
Reply 74
Dropping your ice cream is worse. At least with the latter you have the option of supergulping - that's the art of getting the biscuit before it turns to sludge. The Ice Cream is GONE FOREVER.

CHECK IT! I got Ninja'd as usual.

The ripped wrap is worse as the taco shell shattering is an inevitability.

WHAT IS THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

Gravy that is super thin, like BROWN WATER,

or

Gravy that is UBER LUMPY?
The thin one for sure, I can handle the lumps, lumps of PURE FLAVOUR.

What be the greater of these two evils?

Having a yogurt but no spoon/scooping device

or

Having a sandwich which has all it's fillings having spilled out.
The filling spilled out, I once went out and bought a yogurt, forgetting I didn't have a spoon, I cupped the lid of it and used that. SKILLS.

what's worse, flavourless jelly or flavourless squash/cordial (too weak)
Reply 77
Flavourless jelly is WAY worse. The flavourless squash can STILL BE SAVED! Add more! But even if you can't, it still serves it's purpose as a REFRESHING (flavourless) DRINK.

Jelly is like... your pudding. Your afters. Your treat. Without flavour it's just like... a waste of time!!

WHAT'S THE GREATER OF TWO EVILS:

When the cook decides FOR you how you're going to have your steak cooked/served,

or

When someone else pours you a spirit and mixer and get the ratios totally aburdly outta whack (GIGA POWERED or "IS THERE ANY IN THIS?!")
Reply 78
I don't eat steaks, but going on something similar I'd say this is worse. I eat lamb chops and cooks love to have lamb pink. If lamb is anything but well done I gag from the taste. It tastes like chalk to me.

Which is worse? A cake that is too sweet due to a mixture of icing and hundreds and thousands or a cake which is too dry.
A cake that is too dry but that's probably due to my sweet tooth. :colondollar:

Lumpy "proper" mashed potato?
or?
"Smash"?

Quick Reply

Latest