Does anyone else hate the sun, heat and summer? Watch

Toaster Leavings
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:zomg:

Are you freaking mental?

It's glorious. I'm currently filling up my paddling pool.
I am Ace
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't hate Summer, I love it, in fact, it's my favourite day of the Scottish year. But I love Winter! It's just the best time of the year - which I suppose is one of the advantages of living in the UK. You gotta count 'em, eh? Since they're not in abundance...
gagaslilmonsteruk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I used to but since going abroad a few times I realise British summer is NOTHING in comparison to the likes of France, Spain and the USA. I love France and I love Paris, but in the summer (especially around the river Seine/Eiffel Tower) it is absolutely BAKING. It's better to use buses/coaches over there in summer than the metro as the metro is BOILING. Spain was lovely as you always have the sea when it gets too hot, but the Balearic islands are lovely to look around so heat kind of fades to the back of your mind (that plus the fact the Spanish have excellent air conditioning systems I must say). The USA I went in October and it could still easily reach 40 in the southern states. Got to say though it is the best time of year if you intend on visiting Blizzard beach and floating around in rubber rings for much of the day - Bliss :P
atticus_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Flyteryder)
It's boiling hot and blindingly sunny today and I hate it. I like it when it's moderately warm and a bit bright, but I really hate days like today. I can't 'enjoy' myself in the heat and sun because it's too bright and hot to even think. Does anyone else hate it?

(Original post by AeroLB)
What summer? Its still just hitting 15 deg here in Scotland amidst the rain. Anyway, summer is my favourite 20 minutes of the year.
Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "boiling hot" because where I am it's 40 C and I ****ing haaaate it That's why I am moving to Glasgow this coming September hoping to stay there forever and never see the sun again.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Love the sun but hate the heat (or rather humidity), winter is the greatest season.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like it unless stuck indoors during it. I recognise that for some others it is uncomfortable, and when weather forecasters (or usually the blondes reading the forecast) say how good hot weather is, they should just give us the forecast.
EonBlueApocalypse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I hate it. I'm sick of wearing a fresh t-shirt for a few hours and having to put it in the wash the same day due to it being drowned in sweat.
Alxndra
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can't stand it, makes me irritable and I get far more stressed when I'm hot and bothered. If it's sunny and breezy though I'm ok.
rmpr97
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hate it - fell asleep on the bus and my shirt was literally damp due to sweat! Not to mention trying to sleep!
throughthemonsoon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't hate it. But I do love a bit of rain
hannah60000
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This weather makes me crazy tired and unproductive :sigh:
123maz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yep bring on the rain, cold and what's more, more rain - british weather eh?

too cold or too hot, we can't win!!
elizabeth.w
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I completely hate the sun in England, but don't mind it on holidays abroad.. weird?
I get too sweaty and can't decide what to wear.
On the upside though only 150 days till Christmas we'll be back in wellies soon enough
ShyGirl95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ok. I admit i definitely have a love/hate relationship with the sun, like i'm so happy when is summer is finally here and everything just looks beautiful and i love seeing everything getting out and having a good time but at the same time, i don't like tanning, and i don't like my skin getting darker so i'm forever trying find a shade under a tree the second i'm outside (I'm sorry for being annoying ) But i can't help it.
But Yes! it's more the humidity i can't stand

But i have to admit once the sun goes and London resumes into it's regular flow of weather (rain,wind and cold) i miss the sun terribly

But i don't think i could ever live without the Sun
LETSJaM
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not a big fan of the heat, much prefer the cold. So while I wouldn't go as far as to say I hate it, I spend all sunny days in my nice cold study with a fan on and cold water beside me.

<3 x
DeadGirlsDance
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love it, until it's night time and it's too hot to sleep .
Solid.Snake
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't exactly hate it, but i don't like it when it is really hot as it gets very uncomfortable and the sun actually burns you so you have to constantly seek shelter in the shade, which is not fun! Oh and when it comes to bed time the heat is literally a nightmare!
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I love it, I have a lot of summer clothes. I just don't like the fact that there are insects everywhere
[email protected]
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When I think of summer, I think of sunburn, sweating and having to wear clothes that are a bit more revealing. (I'm quite self conscious of my legs right now, so I am refusing to wear shorts, swimwear and anything above the knee). If i'm in the sun for 15 minutes without suncream on, I burn...the result is hideous and painful! I prefer autumn where it's slightly cooler, but not too cold, and I can wear my comfy jeans and t-shirts and I don't have to plaster myself in sticky suncream.
rock_climber86
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by [email protected])
When I think of summer, I think of sunburn, sweating and having to wear clothes that are a bit more revealing. (I'm quite self conscious of my legs right now, so I am refusing to wear shorts, swimwear and anything above the knee). If i'm in the sun for 15 minutes without suncream on, I burn...the result is hideous and painful! I prefer autumn where it's slightly cooler, but not too cold, and I can wear my comfy jeans and t-shirts and I don't have to plaster myself in sticky suncream.
hi pretty eye lady

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (68)
23.45%
No (222)
76.55%

Watched Threads