?
Report 7 years ago
A life that you haven't enjoyed.
123maz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hmm um not doing something that fulfills your life and that you dont do somrthing that makes you happy in life.
Picnic1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by D.O'T)
A waste of a life is when someone accepts where they are. We should all strive to be more, to 'follow our dreams', but more importantly for me, to give back. Waster's accept who and where they are. The winners in life do not care where they are now but where they are going, and are willing to sacrifice everything they have now for everything they will gain. I know which one I was and which one I am now.
I gave you a thumbs up but... a person who accepts where they are is essentially a plant, rooted wherever they are. They might be a pretty plant, or a once pretty plant, or a rather ugly plant (in appearance and/or personality).
They might by other types of plants OR.. they might be surrounded by very transitory people, physically and/or emotionally.

None of this is necessarily right or wrong in a short term but, in a long term, being rooted somewhere too long causes discomfort when the plant becomes restless but can't move because their roots are too thick. If they are not regularly watered in the right way for them, either by themselves or by other people, so to speak, then their plant starts to die but they can't move because of those physical or psychological roots.
Cephalus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JacobW)
'Subjective' applies to entities or to propositions, not to questions.
I think you need to look at it again. Seriously, I suggest google
Dagnabbit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Joey Barton's life
JacobW
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cephalus)
I think you need to look at it again. Seriously, I suggest google
No, I'm quite right about the term's philosophical meaning.
Cephalus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JacobW)
No, I'm quite right about the term's philosophical meaning.
Ah I'm not going to argue. This will go on forever. Well done.
philistine
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jennifex)
Unhappiness doesn't necessarily = wasted life.

Someone might be very unhappy themselves but have spent their life doing things for others, e.g. a father/ mother working very hard for their family may never have found happiness themselves but certainly haven't wasted their lives.
One finds joy in helping others. People have spoke of this for thousands of years.

Your logic = flawed
KenGosgrove
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Doing a PHD.
Jack93o
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
when you haven't fulfilled your potential
Miraclefish
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A life spent thinking 'what if?'
dinrah04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I guess as one should live by their own standards, if one feels they wasted their life then that is a wasted life.
CasualSoul
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A life in which one is on TSR all day everyday ...

noo A wasted life is a life where you don't feel you have accomplished everything, a life in which you have hardly smiled/enjoyed yourself, a life that you would look back on and regret every single day ..a life that is just not worth living.

That's my opinion anyway...the term can be quite subjective ..but in general I'd say that's what a wasted life was
Chillywilly93
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
a life of pretending! obviously
t-swiper
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A life which someone has not pursuited their goals and just stayed in their comfort zone
CasualSoul
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A life in which one is on TSR all day everyday ...

noo A wasted life is a life where you don't feel you have accomplished anything, a life in which you have hardly smiled/enjoyed yourself, a life that you would look back on and regret every single day ..a life that is just not worth living.

That's my opinion anyway...the term can be quite subjective ..but in general I'd say that's what a wasted life was
t-swiper
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by KenGosgrove)
Doing a PHD.
Have u done a PHD?????
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A life was wasted, if there was nothing in your life which was a valuable memory.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by D.O'T)
A waste of a life is when someone accepts where they are. We should all strive to be more, to 'follow our dreams', but more importantly for me, to give back. Waster's accept who and where they are. The winners in life do not care where they are now but where they are going, and are willing to sacrifice everything they have now for everything they will gain. I know which one I was and which one I am now.
I disagree.

It's a lovely theory, but in practice the person who is always chasing a dream is never as happy as the person who is content with their lot.
So the one who is always striving for something more then reaches the end of their life still full of discontentment. The other reaches the end of their life feeling happy with the life they have led.
tomatoslayer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
a life determined by others
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (65)
23.3%
No (214)
76.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed