Turn on thread page Beta

Speaker Election II: Run Off watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Who should be the next Speaker?
    paddy__power
    62.79%
    toronto353
    37.21%

• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Congratulations Mr Speaker!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    Congratulations Mr Speaker!
    Thank you sir.

I believe you will be arranging my powers and and other such good and bad nonsense so I can work out my 5 year plans.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Thank you sir.

I believe you will be arranging my powers and and other such good and bad nonsense so I can work out my 5 year plans.
    Yep. I made the request last night, so they should be sorted at some point this morning.

For now though, I've updated the relevant parts of the wiki and the Newbie FAQ. :yy:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    Yep. I made the request last night, so they should be sorted at some point this morning.

For now though, I've updated the relevant parts of the wiki and the Newbie FAQ. :yy:
    I have always loved you.

Edit: can you send me the code for the first half of your sig? It will save me time having to create my own
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I have always loved you.
    :blush:

Edit: can you send me the code for the first half of your sig? It will save me time having to create my own
    On it's way.

ReputationRep:
    I have always loved you.

Congratulations paddy. Although I didn't vote for you, I nonetheless wish you well in your new role.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Congratulations paddy.

Commiserations to Toronto, who would have been a fine Speaker.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Congratulations paddy. Although I didn't vote for you, I nonetheless wish you well in your new role.

(Original post by Birchington)
    Congratulations paddy.

Commiserations to Toronto, who would have been a fine Speaker.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You basically don't have to do anything as DSG - much like deputy speaker. However, you can add this to the very long list of things you don't understand
    You admitted in the MUN that you had neglected your duties for some time and then resigned after not doing anything for a very long time... Does not sound like you fought that at the time does it. But be rude deflect with humour and generally carry on being rude and immature about it.

This was your chance to prove you have turned a corner, but I guess not... I don't think you should be speaking to me like that if you want to be a Speaker of the house, it is just damn right rude and fails to address anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misterxninja)
    You admitted in the MUN that you had neglected your duties for some time and then resigned after not doing anything for a very long time... Does not sound like you fought that at the time does it. But be rude deflect with humour and generally carry on being rude and immature about it.

This was your chance to prove you have turned a corner, but I guess not... I don't think you should be speaking to me like that if you want to be a Speaker of the house, it is just damn right rude and fails to address anything.
    I don't think you should accuse anyone else of being rude or immature.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by misterxninja)

I have answered the first part of your post many times and I will talk to you absolutely any way I choose to and you can react as you see fit. There is a long list of things you have proven you don't understand over your time here and it tends to get longer every time you post. I consider this to be a fact (as do most other people) and have absolutely no problem letting you know that. I will remain politically neutral but if an individual such as yourself gives me reason to comment then I personally have no problem doing that. I don't have to prove anything and certainly not to the likes of you. There is, as far as I'm concerned, nothing to address. You are free to question whether or not I am right for the role and I am free to disregard your opinion because I don't respect you enough to value it. It isn't about being rude it is about being honest and as you have shown persistently that you lack either the ability or the motivation to listen to the opinions of others I have no interest in talking to you in any way beyond fulfilling my duties as Speaker. On that note if you have and reasonable questions to ask then feel free to ask in the Ask the Speaker thread.

Have a nice day.

• Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    QFA
    Congratulations to paddy - the well deserved winner of the crown. I would like to thank all of those who have supported me and my campaign over the last 31 days and I would also like to apologise to you for letting you down and not securing the result that you and I would have liked.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by toronto353)
    Congratulations to paddy - the well deserved winner of the crown. I would like to thank all of those who have supported me and my campaign over the last 31 days and I would also like to apologise to you for letting you down and not securing the result that you and I would have liked.
    Thanks - your time will come
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Thanks - your time will come
    I don't imagine myself running for the Speakership again. I think that I'd much rather remain in TSR UKIP now.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I don't imagine myself running for the Speakership again. I think that I'd much rather remain in TSR UKIP now.
    Well if you leave only LibDems would remain :yes:
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Well if you leave only LibDems would remain :yes:
    Well it's sort of why I was happy with the result either way because I was torn before entering the election about not bothering and staying with TSR UKIP so I win either way. If I won this, then I would be Speaker. If I didn't, I would remain leader. It was win-win and that's why there's no hard feelings - well that and the fact that I'd have probably been a poor Speaker anyway.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well it's sort of why I was happy with the result either way because I was torn before entering the election about not bothering and staying with TSR UKIP so I win either way. If I won this, then I would be Speaker. If I didn't, I would remain leader. It was win-win and that's why there's no hard feelings - well that and the fact that I'd have probably been a poor Speaker anyway.
    I think you would have been fine
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I think you would have been fine
    Ah well, it's all part of hypothetical history now. Good luck and I'm sure that we'll clash many a time.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Ah well, it's all part of hypothetical history now. Good luck and I'm sure that we'll clash many a time.
    Probably. But then I will just edit all of your posts to say "I love Paddy 4evaneva".

• Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Probably. But then I will just edit all of your posts to say "I love Paddy 4evaneva".

Drat foiled. Anyway good luck!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Articles:

Debate and current affairs forum guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.