The 'College' at Durham Watch

This discussion is closed.
paddy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dobbs)
Random fact #2: I have never cleaned my teeth twice a day for a prolonged period of time (like more than 3 days in a row). When I was in my early teens I used to go without cleaning my teeth at the weekends (wasn't at school so why should I?! hehe). However, my teeth have always been "perfect" at the dentists, never had anything done to them, no fillings or owt! Still today I only brush once a day, twice if I'm going out in the evening

Ner ner :p:
That's odd, I only brush once a day also and have no fillings either:proud:
I do brush pre-going out though.
YES ouzo lines your stomach and water will reliquify it, thereby introducing the alcohol into your bloodstream.
It happened when I was on a coach People kept laughing at me and poking me And then the girl who never drank threw up everywhere, so the attention was off me
dobbs
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cobra)
of course they will, it's bad enough when I don't clean them after I come in after a night out so I dread to think what it's like for a few days
Oh yeah back when I didn't brush for a weekend! But now I still brush at least once a day!! I'm not that minging anymore
cobra
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dobbs)
Oh yeah back when I didn't brush for a weekend! But now I still brush at least once a day!! I'm not that minging anymore
You only live to support the stereotype of dirty northeners
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cobra)
You only live to support the stereotype of dirty northeners
I'm happy with that

Though then, most of my friends brush twice a day and many of them have really not too nice teeth! I don't understand it really :confused:

Maybe it's due to my massive obsession with drinking milk. Yum!! Drink at least a pint a day
paddy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dobbs)
Maybe it's due to my massive obsession with drinking milk. Yum!! Drink at least a pint a day
:toofunny:
You are singlehandedly destroying all my student stereotypes
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by paddy357)
:toofunny:
You are singlehandedly destroying all my student stereotypes
What are your student stereotypes?

If it's any consolation:

-Most days I'm not up before 11am (unless I'm rowing in the morning, in which case I'm up at 6.30am, but go back to bed when I get in)
-I am currently eating a bowl of cereal
-I drink in excess
-I can't cook to save my life
-I spend much time playing on the playstation with my housemates
-I leave my essays until the night before

paddy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dobbs)

If it's any consolation:

-Most days I'm not up before 11am (unless I'm rowing in the morning, in which case I'm up at 6.30am, but go back to bed when I get in)
-I drink in excess

Apart from the rowing thing that's me! (also I'm not eating cereal, but toast)
It's just when you said pint of milk, I had a really funny image of you in a bar asking the waiter why they didn't do milk
EDIT: oh my god you're a guy:eek:
paddy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sorry, it's just I always assumed you were a girl
Sorry!
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Apart from the rowing thing that's me! (also I'm not eating cereal, but toast)
It's just when you said pint of milk, I had a really funny image of you in a bar asking the waiter why they didn't do milk
Hmmm so that image of me in a bar is slightly wrong for more than one reason then! Mainly being that yes, I am male! :rolleyes:

And no, I don't order milk from a bar, but do buy it from the shop in college and just drink it casually, it's lush! Yummy

Don't quite know why you thought I was a girl though :confused:
durhamdosser
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dobbs)
Hmmm so that image of me in a bar is slightly wrong for more than one reason then! Mainly being that yes, I am male! :rolleyes:

And no, I don't order milk from a bar, but do buy it from the shop in college and just drink it casually, it's lush! Yummy

People always used to think I was a man too...
paddy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dobbs)

I don't know! I just thought that 'dobbs' sounded like a girl's nickname:confused: Maybe because you're more friendly then other tsr guys?
Sorry!!
Piggsil
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dobbs)

If it's any consolation:

-I drink in excess

Firstly: HAHAHA Paddy thought Kev was a girl!! :rofl:

I am a bit different to you, I don't really follow the student stereotype in that:

- I have been getting up at 9am every day to do work these holidays
- I eat cereal but generally only once a day for breakfast
- I occasionally drink in excess but not as often as you would expect a typical students to do
- I love cooking
- I don't play videogames
- I do my essays as soon as possible!

Haha, that's pretty un-stereotypical!!
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah I can destroy some of your stereotypes too:

I also love cooking and drinking and look down upon bottles of wine <£5ish and any rubbish food like non free range chicken or value mince
I do go to 9 o clock lectures (though quite often with a terrible hangover and a stupidly bad smell of alcohol)
I have done at least 3hrs a day revision during this holiday and worked on my project in the evening

but I do drink terribly to massive exess
paddy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Becca)
Firstly: HAHAHA Paddy thought Kev was a girl!! :rofl:
But I thought he was
Kev? That's not very feminine.:confused:
Sorry dobbs!
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cobra)
Yeah I can destroy some of your stereotypes too:

I also love cooking and drinking and look down upon bottles of wine <£5ish and any rubbish food like non free range chicken or value mince
I do go to 9 o clock lectures (though quite often with a terrible hangover and a stupidly bad smell of alcohol)
I have done at least 3hrs a day revision during this holiday and worked on my project in the evening

but I do drink terribly to massive exess
I love Value food!!! Oh man it's so good (mostly!). Non-free-range chickens? Yum!! They taste better because they've all been rubbing up against each other, generating body heat and so keeping their muscles warm and therefore tender. Think I made that up? Yup, I did! hehe

And I would go to 9am lectures if I had them. I only have one morning lecture (10am), the rest are 1pm-4.15pm

And last year this holiday I did crap loads of revision. I would also this year but it's hard to revise when I've got essays due, which I put off forever, so I think I should revise, but then I have the books for my reports which will be recalled as soon as the rest of the geographers get back to Durham, so I decided to do the reports, but then can't be bothered. It's a vicious circle
cobra
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dobbs)
I should revise, but then I have the books for my reports which will be recalled as soon as the rest of the geographers get back to Durham, so I decided to do the reports, but then can't be bothered. It's a vicious circle
I could recall some now if you need hurrying

:poke:
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by cobra)
I could recall some now if you need hurrying

:poke:
Hmmmm no, you don't know what ones I have, and I'm not going to tell you either :p:
Timothy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Heh dobbs as a girl is a funny thought/mental image.

Actually it is disturbing.
paddy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Timothy)
Heh dobbs as a girl is a funny thought/mental image.

Actually it is disturbing.
well that's what I've thought of him as :confused: I swear dobbs just seems like a girls name!
Ok will stop sayin that now
sidekick
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't know why, but I'm finding it very cute that dobbs keeps saying 'yum'

:hugs: Milk is cool. My brother drinks a lot of milk. You will have strong bones, just like the blue power ranger...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (221)
28.01%
No (568)
71.99%

Watched Threads