Wjec A Level Eng Lit Students!! Watch

Craghyrax
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Noobster5)
O. i thought i did ok but after reading this i am very worried! Did very bdly on the poetry and need an a for uni :-/ xx
Ah.. bless Don't panic! ELit is very very subjective.. there isn't one 'right answer'. And I always make it up on the spot anyway! I'm sure you did fine. I also need an A to go to Uni, so I'm a bit stressed about it too :eek:
heliotrope
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i was doing malfi. i didnt really like the questions much, and only wrote about 8 pages in the end, but i guess i'll be fine because i'm ridiculously concise anyway, so i can get away with it i think, and i only needed something silly like 30/120 UMS...

anyway, i did the first context question, because i thought i knew that stuff better in terms of context; id love to write about deceit and secrecy because bosola is the most awesome character in the play, but i couldnt see many ways to get AO5 out of it, whereas there were loads of things to draw out of the first. on the second point, well, i just wrote about the differences and similarities between oda (was that her name) and the duchess and their predicaments, quite cold and analytical i guess, but i wasnt all that excited by the question so i figured it would be the easiest route...

i guess im just glad i wasnt going into that exam needing to pick up lots of marks...
skoolsux67
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Noobster5)
We did 1984 and the handmaid's tale for coursework, and in the exams are doing Dr Faustus and The Nun's Priest's Tale..am worried lol xxx
hey, i know u did it last year, but im doing the same texts this year.. was wondering if you had any stuff 2 help with my exam in january, on the nun's priest's tale.. and what was yoiur essay title? Any help would be appriciated.
kpriti88
Report 11 years ago
hi people...does anyone have any good links for info on the renaissance and reformation periods because we need to know bout it for doctor faustus? exams on monday and im nervous..?
hhow do u lot revise for faustus what do u go cover?
baa123
Badges: 1
Report 11 years ago
I'm having trouble revising for Faustus as well, but what i'm doing is just doing old practise papers.
You should cover:
Renaissance, Reformation, Medieval ages, Elizabethan World Order, Morality & Tragedy plays, Comic scenes.. and don't forget quotes!
You should notice that almost everything inter-links which makes it easy to talk about almost all these themes in any essay.
noggin667
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Can anyone remember what ELL4,5 and 6 are each scored out of, meaning the raw marks mucho thanks
mollten
Report 11 years ago
elit 4 - /25 (90 UMS)
elit 5 - /25 (90 UMS)
elit 6 - /50 (120 UMS)

noggin667
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
thanks very much
Mazzo
Report 10 years ago
Lovely to find fellow WJECerz, I was wondering if anybody had any good religious quotations to display the negative attitudes of men during the Jacobean time.

It's for my synoptic paper on Duchess of Malfi.
justagirl83
Report 10 years ago
I'm doing the WJEC Metaphysical poets exam on the 3rd of June and wondered if anyone can give some tips about how to write an answer.
I've looked on the WJEC site but they don't seem to have examples of past answers like the AQA site does. My tutor has shown us some past questions but hasn't gone in to how to answer them exactly.
I'm not sure whether I should be writing mostly about the theme of the question and just reference a few poems to back up my points, or if I need to really go into detail and analyse my chosen poems.
If I knew how to get good marks on this I'd be a lot more confident about the exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.24%
No (203)
72.76%

Watched Threads