My Tyres were SMOKING???WHY Watch

ciderpeter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So you think its acceptable to go 50 - 70 mph over a speed limit?

As has been said, speed limits are there for a reason... I break the 70 on motorways, but i know i am doing wrong and dont go overboard...

The fact you are either 17 or 18 also does nothing for my opinion of you, you have nowhere near enough experience to be driving at them speeds... boy racer?
KILLER
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by ciderpeter)
So you think its acceptable to go 50 - 70 mph over a speed limit?

As has been said, speed limits are there for a reason... I break the 70 on motorways, but i know i am doing wrong and dont go overboard...
go to bed cider....you must be dizzy....besides that was like 2am in the morning...how many cars do u see by that time....
CurlyBen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hang on, you're giving out advice after going well over the speed limit in a car that you continued to drive after you had doubts about the integrity of the brakes and tyres? Don't be suprised if not many people listen..
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes, if your car is capable/designed of doing so, you are causing no harm to others (i.e. no other cars), the road conditions are favourable, you have experience travelling at that speed and can control the car, have good visibility of the road ahead and there are no speed camaras in sight!

Everyone breaks 70mph on motorways, everyone goes 80mph because thats what speed people travel at nowadays, if you were doing 70 you would be in the slow lane.

Graham
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by CurlyBen)
Hang on, you're giving out advice after going well over the speed limit in a car that you continued to drive after you had doubts about the integrity of the brakes and tyres? Don't be suprised if not many people listen..
WTF else could you do!? I mean you are not exactly going to stop on the side of the road, log on to TSR on your mobile ask everyone here, wait for a reply and drive on!? Bugger that, keep going, listen for any weird noises or lack of feeling if you can't feel anything then everything is hunky dory!

Its like stopping when you hear a bang in the wheel arches, how many people stop?! None, because 99% of the time it is a stone and if it was anything serious you would know about it!

Plus it was the rear wheels locking up, no big deal as small cars have typically a 60:40 brake bias (to the front)

Graham
Malik
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Out of intrest what the hell made you brake so fast?
ciderpeter
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thats a good point... he has been saying all along it is safe to go that speed, yet something obviously happened that suddenly made it dangerous...

For the purpose of ripping this guy to shreds i hope a person walked out in front of him (but he didnt hit them)... but i have a feeling he would have seen the lines of a speed camera and slammed the brakes on...:rolleyes:
KILLER
Thats a good point... he has been saying all along it is safe to go that speed, yet something obviously happened that suddenly made it dangerous...

For the purpose of ripping this guy to shreds i hope a person walked out in front of him (but he didnt hit them)... but i have a feeling he would have seen the lines of a speed camera and slammed the brakes on...:rolleyes:
emmmm...no.....was testin d brakes on an empty road....wats wrong wid dat
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just for future reference and as i am sure you are now aware, slamming the brakes on at 100mph is not the best plan. You have seen what happens which is good and its an experience which you have to learn from, just obviously don't make a habit of it as continually it can cause damage.

Nout wrong with getting to know the car tho, if you know that, you know its limits.

Graham
Anne Auraque
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Just don't go that fast on an A road. It's the law, your weren't bending the law, you were breaking it. We can all tell you till we're blue in the face but you'll only really listen when you have your fine, points/ban and guilty conscience.

There's nothing cool about breaking the speed limit. You write like a chavvy 12 year old and your behaviour is similiar too.
KILLER
(Original post by Anne Auraque)
Just don't go that fast on an A road. It's the law, your weren't bending the law, you were breaking it. We can all tell you till we're blue in the face but you'll only really listen when you have your fine, points/ban and guilty conscience.

There's nothing cool about breaking the speed limit. You write like a chavvy 12 year old and your behaviour is similiar too.
is it really
ciderpeter
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yes... Yes it is... sadly your little story about just testing the brakes isnt i dont think. But then i dont know and i dont really care...

I have a friend who died because they were going to fast, its a waste of a life and a silly way to die... i guess until you experience that loss, you will not have any respect for yours or other peoples lives whilst you are driving...
Ryan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I agree 100% with what Graham has said:yy:
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have a friend who died because they were going to fast, its a waste of a life and a silly way to die... i guess until you experience that loss, you will not have any respect for yours or other peoples lives whilst you are driving...
But if other people feel that it's an acceptable risk to drive faster than others, then that's upto them (as long as they're only endangering themselves, which is really what theyre doing).
pghstochaj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
But if other people feel that it's an acceptable risk to drive faster than others, then that's upto them (as long as they're only endangering themselves, which is really what theyre doing).
It's not up to them, we don't live in a country of anarchy, we have laws which we should abide by or expect your privileges to be removed.
Ghost
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Its up to me whether I inject test drug into an unwilling victim! I know the risks involved! It PROBABLY wont kill them! Wait a minute...
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by pghstochaj)
It's not up to them, we don't live in a country of anarchy, we have laws which we should abide by or expect your privileges to be removed.
The laws are there to protect them. If people feel that it's acceptable to risk crashing or getting caught, then fair enough.

IMO the laws regarding speeding, and the way they are policed, is farcical at best.
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ghost)
Its up to me whether I inject test drug into an unwilling victim! I know the risks involved! It PROBABLY wont kill them! Wait a minute...
And thats a *completely* different situation
Ghost
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Do any other road users WANT other people doing 100mph? No
Are other road users able to stop this from happening? No
Do people die from doing that sort of speed? Yes

Hmm it's pretty close.
Malik
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Doing 100 on the motorway is not something I am really criticizing , on the fast lane its common speed. 'KILLER' you just got to understand that its not all about the speed,your attitude in your posts just seem wrong. I don't want to judge you because frankly I don't know you but with respect to the posts you are making here your coming of to be a 'chav racer'.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (85)
46.45%
Pro-humanity (98)
53.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed