Turn on thread page Beta

"He is just a white man" - Dying man heckled by racist yobs watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaw)
    On another note, as disgusting as the article was to read, it's the first time that springs to mind when I've heard of racism on whites in the news. It really doesnt seem to get reported as much..
    One recent (about a year ago) trial in which a gang of Asian youths murdered a white man, received a fair bit of coverage, as have similar incidents. But you're right, we unfortunately don't seem to see much reaction to such incidents.

ReputationRep:
    Slaves in our own country? i wonder what would happen if i stumbled across a black man dying and shoted the same thing? no dout it would be all over the news and i'd be labelled. What a sorry state of affairs, but then again we seem to be more tolerant to this sort of thing, if a person with any colour skin but white is insluted they all seem to come out of the wood work and jump on the band wagon its like they have a chip on there shoulder because the colour of there skin.

P.S. I AM NOT A RACIST, THIS IS NOT A MASSIVE GENERALISATION, AND I CAN SAY WHAT I WANT.

ReputationRep:
    It is a terrible thing to do. However, I feel compelled by Gilliwoo's comment to say that they should be allowed to say what they like, even at such a time. They didn't actually attempt to hinder the emergency services I believe? At the end of the day, words don't stop people doing their jobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luap)
    Slaves in our own country? i wonder what would happen if i stumbled across a black man dying and shoted the same thing? no dout it would be all over the news and i'd be labelled. What a sorry state of affairs, but then again we seem to be more tolerant to this sort of thing, if a person with any colour skin but white is insluted they all seem to come out of the wood work and jump on the band wagon its like they have a chip on there shoulder because the colour of there skin.

P.S. I AM NOT A RACIST, THIS IS NOT A MASSIVE GENERALISATION, AND I CAN SAY WHAT I WANT.
    No, I think you'll find it is a massive generalisation, and there are limits to what you can say here. Currently you are within them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehjonny)
    It is a terrible thing to do. However, I feel compelled by Gilliwoo's comment to say that they should be allowed to say what they like, even at such a time. They didn't actually attempt to hinder the emergency services I believe? At the end of the day, words don't stop people doing their jobs.
    'sick youths in tracksuits and hoods clashed with police and yelled: "He is just a white man."'

'"Then there were these black youths and all they wanted to do was fight the cops. They were saying, 'You think I am scared of you because of your uniform'"'
    Sounds like obstruction to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smith)
    No, I think you'll find it is a massive generalisation, and there are limits to what you can say here. Currently you are within them.
    Why is it the Muslims are willing to point out other human's restrictions for freedom of speech? Just check the Islamic faith out for example, female oppression for one.

Racking my brains anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The moral of the story is: there are good and bad people of every race

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by City bound)
    Ah, yes.

Regardless, no doubt these idiots have been caught for something unrelated since :p:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astor)
    Why is it the Muslims are willing to point out other human's restrictions for freedom of speech? Just check the Islamic faith out for example, female oppression for one.

Why do you have to bring religion into this?

Yeah, every muslim beats their wife, gives them no attention whatsoever, and gives them no right. Good job sir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astor)

That's is childish and very pointless. This has nothing to do with religion.

ReputationRep:
    bumped thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luap)
    Slaves in our own country? i wonder what would happen if i stumbled across a black man dying and shoted the same thing?
    So by 'slaves in our own country' you're saying that black people have more rights than whites, and should be treated differently in ''our'' country? even if they've been here for generations and are as much a part of the country as anyone?

not having a go, just get that feeling from the statement.. I read it in the daily mail also, and I think if that DID happen to a black person, it'd get the same level of coverage.. Even though we dont hear about racism on whites as often, I'm sure it does happen but there must be more to weather something gets reported over their skin tone.. For example, a girl fell 20 floors from a building in aston uni, and they think it wasnt suicide, yet i havent heard a thing in the news..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehjonny)
    Ah, yes.

Regardless, no doubt these idiots have been caught for something unrelated since :p:.
    That or got themselves killed cos thyr like gansta innit blud...

ReputationRep:
    black man dying + heckling white youths = national news.

Hardly surprising its not vice versa.

To be honest, all gangsta rappers and hip hop stars, who sing violent and racist lyrics should be stopped from making their music, it's pretty much going to be the only way for these kind of kids (black and white) to stop behaving like monkeys. All this glorification of crime, drugs and violence which has now been embedded into their culture has to be uprooted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by City bound)
    Not to mention "anti-social behaviour", that marvellous catch-all crime you can use to get back at your neighbour for buying a flash car or having a pretty wife. Possibly Labour's greatest legacy...

ReputationRep:
    ****ing *******s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Square)
    black man dying + heckling white youths = national news.
    How many PROVEN race hate crimes have you heard of in your lifetime, where the white man has been the victim? This is probably one of the first. It doesn't make the national news because it rarely happens. Racial crimes that happen around where I live, they never make the national news. Do I complain? Nope.

To be honest, all gangsta rappers and hip hop stars, who sing violent and racist lyrics should be stopped from making their music
    Why?

It's pretty much going to be the only way for these kind of kids (black and white) to stop behaving like monkeys.
    Monkeys are actually very clever. I wouldn't say the same for anti-social individuals.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with many on here, if that had been a black man, and white kids, they would have been arrested, it would have been national news, an outcry.

The UK is truly a country of double standards!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pernell Whitaker)
    How many PROVEN race hate crimes have you heard of in your lifetime, where the white man has been the victim? This is probably one of the first. It doesn't make the national news because it rarely happens. Racial crimes that happen around where I live, they never make the national news. Do I complain? Nope.

Why?

Monkeys are actually very clever. I wouldn't say the same for anti-social individuals.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6128466.stm

This kind of opinion irritates me, just because it is so wrong. Despite what you would like to believe, white people are not the sole racists in this country. If you look at the stats, white people tend to commit less racist attacks between them (96%) of the population, as compared to the other 4%.

The most recent analysis shows that in 2004, 87,000 people from black or minority ethnic communities (BME) said they had been a victim of a racially motivated crime. In the same period, 92,000 white people said they had also fallen victim.

96% of the population commit 87,000 racist attacks between them. 4% of the population commit 92,000 racist attacks. I'm sure I don't have to point out the mathematics of this one. Lets assume that minority members are less likely to come forward, and that if they do their allegations will be taken less seriously. Even with considerations like this, the descrepancy between how racism in Britain is portrayed (preserve of the white working classes) and how it is actually is on the ground is evident.

Focusing on violent racial attacks, 49,000 BME were victims. Among whites, the number was 77,000.
    Of those that involved wounding 4,000 were BME. Among the white population it was 20,000.

These statistics would seem to suggest white people suffer more racist attacks than do non-white people. Obviously it is still the case that black and asian people are at far more risk of being attacked, but it is not the case that racial attacks on white people are rare, as you seem to be suggesting. It certainly isn't the case that every racist in this country is white.

It isn't reported because it doesn't happen. It isn't reported because it doesn't sell newspapers.

Racism, prejudice and bigotry are not defined by the colour of someone's skin.

ReputationRep:
    Statistics can be doctored. It seems like on here, the white man will do anything to deny that this country still has a severe problem with non-whites.

The facts are also this, if white people hadn't had the NOTED history of racism, both institutional and overt, towards BMEs, then I dare say very few race attacks would occur against them. I challenge you to find me black and asian supremacist groups in Britain, that spout the same sort of ****e that C18, Blood and Honour etc etc do.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.