Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Bands aside though, it should still be a good day out. It's a lot about the atmosphere - an all day event where people can chill out with their mates, drink and have a good laugh. It's why a lot of people go to these summer festivals too; they don't neccessarily like all the bands playing, but are going there for a good time and to get pissed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Regend)
    and to get pissed!
    The bands could be awful for all I care. As long as there's plenty of the above going on, I'll be very happy!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yeah I know you will be Sim... money money money eh! Where you managing to get all the equipment from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Regend)
    Haha, yeah I know you will be Sim... money money money eh! Where you managing to get all the equipment from?
    We've do outdoor events anyway, but we're getting extra from Carling who do loads of festivals. We'll have the capacity to pour nearly 200 pints a minute!

ReputationRep:
    Ur doing the bars this year!! Cool, way better than the guys who did it last year (wasnt it Roger and Anwar!!) lol, what prices are you looking at. Do you have to get a big cooling lorry to put all your cellar mechanics in etc, ive always been curious as to how those things work. If you need any staff I fancy dabbling in the manic region that is the party on the downs!! Also itll be mainly bottles and spirits apart from the one pint tent (or are you extending this facility this year).

ReputationRep:
    Yep, we're doing AU Ball and the Summer Party Bars this year, and yes, it was Anwar last year (not Roger though)

There is a refigerated 40 foot trailer behind the beer tent with all the cellar kit in it. This feeds things called Multiple Dispense Units that pour 12 pints at a time in 20 seconds. The Draught tent is 50% bigger this year than last, as are the 2 Bottle/Spirit Bars, so hopefully queueing will be less. We're also running a token system like all the big festivals. No cash sales at the bar so it speeds up service and cuts down on queues.

We don't know our prices yet. We have to meet with the Uni to agree on them. They don't allow 'drinks deals' like Happy Hours etc due to the length of time people are there. Our token pricing is on a sliding scale, so the more tokens you buy, the cheaper they are. (BIG HINT: club together with your mates...cuts down on queueing and will work out cheaper)

It will be 1 token for soft drinks, 2tokens for a pint/bottle and 3tokens for a double spirit/mixer. Like I said, the prices of the tokens are pretty much in the hands of the Uni. :rolleyes:

All we have to pray for is nice weather!...and a good headliner!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=simeon]We've do outdoor events anyway, but we're getting extra from Carling who do loads of festivals. We'll have the capacity to pour nearly 200 pints a minute![/QUOTE]

:eek:!!!! yeah thats a point, what are you doing about staff? i take it you're dragging the peacock lot out?!

ReputationRep:
    We have to use staff from outside the Uni. It's one of the stipulations laid down to us.

ReputationRep:
    That's kinda crap (I think), but I guess there's not really much choice!

ReputationRep:
    Heres the big question!! How many pints do you estimate you will go through in the day lol, I mean ive ordered for parties and worked weekone ones but nothing on this scale, and I know how many bottles/spirits etc we sell ... but the party on the downs must be ludacris. Those multiple dispense units must pump the beer thru basically solidly and im guessing that just means that it brances the line out of each barrel onto loads of taps or something ... the pressure must be pretty high, but then again its just gonna be pumping constantly all day isnt it!!

Sounds quality, but I might be happily drunk before I even get down there after all hustu bar opens during the day that day cos the queues are notorious, and its loads cheaper than the party traditionally (prices, pah) so I wont need to drink much at the party itself, just keep myself topped up.

PS I thought they were stupid when I saw there was no token system last year, plus this way you might get lucky and have ppl not having time to cash in tokens they buy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis-HuStuJCR)
    I thought they were stupid when I saw there was no token system last year, plus this way you might get lucky and have ppl not having time to cash in tokens they buy!!
    Really? We hadn't even considered that.:rolleyes:
    Last year was a joke, and we're certainly aiming on a vast improvement.

Each MDU pours 12 pints in 20 seconds and we have 6 MDU's = 216 pints a minute minus time to refill cups.

Each MDU is fed by 2 kegs so the pressure is no higher than a normal bar set-up.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.