Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UtterNutter69)
    Okay, pin your ears back and listen in. How many of you think that you'd rather have been born the opposite sex to what you are. Like if you're a bloke would you have rather been born a chick? and vice versa of course. If so why? or why not as the case may be.

Personally being born a chick would have made life much easier. Take money for example, if I had been born female then as soon as I turned 18 I'd be straight out on the game. Just think, £100 for half an hour, I could do 1 client a day mon-fri and thats £500 tax free a week for only 2 1/2 hours work.

...By the way, if you find this post offensive (not sure why you would, other than being an uptight squarehead) then please dont go whining to the admins, let me know so I can edit it to suit your politically correct special needs...
    lol. It's funny you see things that way (if you're not being sarcastic). I doubt you would go on the game. Sex is a much different concept to girls: it is more invasive or intrusive. I doubt that is the right terminology but the point I am trying to get across is that with boys it is different because everything is outside. As with girls it's internal it is an entirely different experience to anything that normally happens in everyday life. It is very hard to explain lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoecb)
    And I'm saying that science can fertilise an egg without sperm.
    What you are saying is that one day it will, it cannot fertilise an egg to create new life without sperm right now, that is a fact that your sweet little stories cannot manage to obscure.

ReputationRep:
    I am extremely happy being a girl and I wouldn't have wanted to be a boy. There are a lot things that girls have to go through physically but I believe it is harder to be a boy because I think it is harder for boys mentally. I think it is harder in terms of the way that other boys treat one other. It can be extremely unfair at times. I have seen and heard of boys being abused mentally, physically and verbally by their peers in ways that are almost definitely going to have long lasting effects. Yet with girls, what I seen her heard about, anything no matter how mad it has been, eventually it can be forgotten.
    And in fact, it is not just with boys, boys and men. Males isolate another males alot more than girls do to other girls. But, I am saying this obviously by what I have seen and heard about happening. It is just my personal opinion. Someone could think entirely the same thing about girls. And the things I have witnesses haven't even been serious but it has had such a great affect on the boys that it has happened to. I dread to think how more serious incidences have affected other (boys or men.)
    Who agrees with me or do you think I'm talk total rubbish?:tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    I prefer to be a girl. Vaginald Priviliges.

ReputationRep:
    Whoeever said that girls have more feelings than blokes is wrong!

Simply speaking girls exagerate their emotions whilst guys do the oposite. That doesn't mean guys don't have emotions, its just we cover them up a lot more.

I think both guys and girls have the same amount of "feelings" itsjust women tend to let their feelings have more influence on them than a guy does.

If i had the option of being a girl for a day, it would be very interesting! but i'm happy being a man. Wouldn't want to change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curious~Leo-ess1989)
    I am extremely happy being a girl and I wouldn't have wanted to be a boy. There are a lot things that girls have to go through physically but I believe it is harder to be a boy because I think it is harder for boys mentally. I think it is harder in terms of the way that other boys treat one other. It can be extremely unfair at times. I have seen and heard of boys being abused mentally, physically and verbally by their peers in ways that are almost definitely going to have long lasting effects. Yet with girls, what I seen her heard about, anything no matter how mad it has been, eventually it can be forgotten.
    And in fact, it is not just with boys, boys and men. Males isolate another males alot more than girls do to other girls. But, I am saying this obviously by what I have seen and heard about happening. It is just my personal opinion. Someone could think entirely the same thing about girls. And the things I have witnesses haven't even been serious but it has had such a great affect on the boys that it has happened to. I dread to think how more serious incidences have affected other (boys or men.)
    Who agrees with me or do you think I'm talk total rubbish?:tsr2:
    I am sorry to say that I think you are talking total rubbish on this specific point. Males seldom have lasting feuds, usually when men are angry with each other they have a punch up and then that’s it. Whereas girls practically invented the more subtle and vindictive behaviour of totally socially ostracising someone or 'sending someone to Coventry' as some people call it. My ex girlfriend stories about female wars of words and psychological long term bullying seem to me to show something far more emotionally damaging than the short-lived rough and tumble - getting the odd black eye - that I have seen and experienced as a guy.

Of course perhaps in juvenile prison it is different, I am thinking of the film 'Scum' when I say this, as women aren’t normally capable of anally raping each other. But in terms of social attack girls are much better at it and even when it comes to violence recent studies have shown that British girls are increasingly involved - like with the girl whose face was slashed by another girl in school. I think generally speaking girls have the capacity to be more cruel in the playground, and the social pressures and attacks they launch on other girls are far more effective at destroying the life of someone else than boys who simply don’t have the social skills to cause that kind of damage and can only express themselves by thumping someone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pendragon)
    I am sorry to say that I think you are talking total rubbish on this specific point. Males seldom have lasting feuds, usually when men are angry with each other they have a punch up and then that’s it. Whereas girls practically invented the more subtle and vindictive behaviour of total social isolation or 'sending someone to Coventry' as some people call it. My ex girlfriend stories about female wars of words and psychological long term bullying seem to me to show something far more emotionally damaging than the short-lived rough and tumble getting the odd black eye that I have seen.

Of course perhaps in prison it is different, I am thinking of the film 'Scum' when I say this, as women aren’t normally capable of anally raping each other. But in terms of social attack girls are much better at it and even when it comes to violence recent studies have shown that British girls are increasingly involved - like with the girl whose face was slashed by another girl in school. I think generally speaking girls have the capacity to be more cruel in the playground, and the social pressures and attacks they launch on other girls are far more effective at destroying the life of someone else then boys who simply don’t have the social skills to cause that kind of damage and can only express themselves by thumping someone.
    Yeah, I agree with you on that one. But I still believe that it is hard to be a boy due to pressure from other boys.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I agree with you on that one. But I still believe that it is hard to be a boy due to pressure from other boys.
    There is a lot of pressure from other boys to behave in a way that perhaps comes less naturally, but the older you get the easier it is to ignore.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. That's cool.
    Just imagine if we were all the same sex. Man! Life would be dull. This thread could have even been started! In actual fact, a lot of threads would never have been posted.

ReputationRep:
    What you are saying is that one day it will, it cannot fertilise an egg to create new life without sperm right now, that is a fact that your sweet little stories cannot manage to obscure.
    They can. They're just not allowed to.

Just imagine if we were all the same sex. Man! Life would be dull. This thread could have even been started! In actual fact, a lot of threads would never have been posted.
    Bah, I think it would be so much easier! Would be great never being confused about your sexuality... everyone would just be a potential lover for everyone else! Talk about choice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoecb)

Bah, I think it would be so much easier! Would be great never being confused about your sexuality... everyone would just be a potential lover for everyone else! Talk about choice!
    Yeah! I agree with both things you said. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoecb)
    Where is your evidence for this assertion?

They have not even cloned a human yet, and are unsure if they can, the South Korean work in this area has been revealed to have been faked.

And they cannot even safely clone animals. Professor Ian Wilmut, a member of the team at the Roslin Institute in Edinburgh who created dolly the sheep has admitted that dolly has arthritis and said the condition may have arisen because of genetic defects caused by the cloning process. And there are also other cloned animals which have been born overweight, malformed and with damaged immune systems.

The idea that they can today create a new life without sperm is simply not true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoecb)
    I see, so you are in the kill everyone who is not a lesbian camp.

ReputationRep:
    Where is your evidence for this assertion?

They have not even cloned a human yet, and are unsure if they can, the South Korean work in this area has been revealed to have been faked.

The idea that they can today create a new life without sperm is simply not true.
    Not new life today, no. But the point is, DNA can go from other source ---> egg without sperm and so clearly that's an idea they can develop. The method is there.

I see, so you are in the kill everyone who is not a lesbian camp.
    Now that would be rather drastic and would shut off a lot of options, wouldn't it? Not a very good idea. Besides, men are fun to play with :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoecb)
    Not new life today, no. But the point is, DNA can go from other source ---> egg without sperm and so clearly that's an idea they can develop. The method is there.
    But as yet the "other source" is a cell nucleus of an existing animal, whose genes where determined by a parent of both genders, so sperm was still directly involved in creating that specific genetic code which is just being copied, not combined to create new life. So its hardly a 'method' of single sex reproduction - that remains impossible with complicated life-forms such as animals.

ReputationRep:
    Well yes, they'll always be in the bloodline, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretty Boy)
    Course I wouldn't have wanted to be a female. They have no testicles, have breasts to carry around, are physically smaller and weaker than guys, are viewed differently for sexual promiscuity, are seemingly obsessed with how they look and how fat they are, spend too much money on shopping, are heavily influenced by magazines and media, are overtly insecure and they have no dong, and I like my dong, lol.

These are mostly generalisations but I generally wouldn't want to be a girl.
    I had to chuckle, because I guess a girl would say "Course I wouldn't have wanted to be a guy. They have no breasts, have nuts to carry around, are too big and brutish, seemingly obsessed with sex and generally don't put any effort into how they look, spend too much money on football, are heavily influenced by peers, are covertly insecure and have a dong."

i guees it's just a case of different sides of a coin.

ReputationRep:
    yes but you would not be as strong...decisive....smart

I really don't know:hmmm: For me, alot of girls sometimes mock me because I like horror movies and I'm abit of a sci-fi nerd and all that. There's alot of pressure which really sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    I really don't know:hmmm: For me, alot of girls sometimes mock me because I like horror movies and I'm abit of a sci-fi nerd and all that. There's alot of pressure which really sucks.
    Go Sci Fi!!!!!! :p:

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.