Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i think that number is the floor u are on not the room cos i am in room a!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katie325)
    i think that number is the floor u are on not the room cos i am in room a!!!
    There are 3 different parts to your room - 2 letters and 1 number

One letter is the building A, B or C
    The number is your flat
    The other letter is your room inside your flat

What makes it confusing, is when they write it in different ways on different forms.

eg. Flat A.1 room C which is building A, flat 1, room C
    They can also write it as Flat 1C building A - that is the same room....

I hope that makes sense....that's the way I see it

ReputationRep:
    Spot on Caro x

ReputationRep:
    easy, im a 1st year now at leeds met and opal is THE worst place to live, thers nothin 2 do, ive swapped to kirkstall brewery and its class, everyones more easy goin n ther arent as many fat ppl, plus the accomodation ppl at opal are bad ******s, at kirkstall we havent even seen em, u jus get on wiv woteva ya wana do, dont go to opal, b the most expensive mistake u make

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conners)
    easy, im a 1st year now at leeds met and opal is THE worst place to live, thers nothin 2 do, ive swapped to kirkstall brewery and its class, everyones more easy goin n ther arent as many fat ppl, plus the accomodation ppl at opal are bad ******s, at kirkstall we havent even seen em, u jus get on wiv woteva ya wana do, dont go to opal, b the most expensive mistake u make
    leeds met even accepting 13 year olds now?

ReputationRep:
    yea i'll have to contest that at opal no one has ever stopped me from "jus get on wiv woteva ya wana do", its actually a pretty layed back place, even security have been pretty sound with us. We got back from a night out abit hammered and were kicking a football around the corridoor, which in hindsight wasn't a considerate thing to be doing, but the security guard wasn't too arsey about it and just asked us politely to stop. Opal isn't really an expensive mistake to make seeing as its the same price for an ensuite here as it is at kirkstall!

ReputationRep:
    ...unless you have a car, some dont need them, but others do, and im sure that more than six living at opal, need it

ReputationRep:
    oi connerz u traitor!!! opal is the best in leeds! kirkstall can suck my left ball! better atmosphere here! goin 2 amsterdam in the new year! top gear there!

any who! opal is the place 2 b 4 all 1st years so come on it!!!! i have xbox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by @[email protected])
    goin 2 amsterdam in the new year! top gear there!

ahah top tune drop there man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by @[email protected])
    opal is the place 2 b 4 all 1st years so come on it!!!!
    I admit its good, but not that good.

nah being serious tho, opal is a good place to live, although can be a bit boring at times because it doesnt have a bar. not a major problem but it would probably be a lot better if it had one as i havnt actually met that many people from opal. also, becketts park campus is abit of a trek, but if you dont mind walking or paying for the bus its alright.

@ Crampy: have you got any events coming up any time soon, heard their might be another opal bar crawl?

ReputationRep:
    i i'll give you that one, it is quite hard to meet people in opal that aren't from your immiediate area. Itunes helps out more with that then the common room does anyway haha

ReputationRep:
    heya opal is a nice complex but is very far from headingley campus to walk, however there is bus stops near by
    kirkstall is def nearer but is in the middle of nowhere for the things you might need

ReputationRep:
    kirkstall is def nearer but is in the middle of nowhere for the things you might need
    Lets have a run through of things you might "need".

Morrisons - 5 mins
    BHS - 3 mins
    JJB - 5 mins
    Specsavers - 5 mins
    Vue Cinemas - 20 mins
    Bowling - 20 mins
    Pizza hut - 20 mins
    Frankie & Bennies - 20 mins
    Around 20 different restaurants / Indian to Spanish Tapas bars - 20 mins
    Countless takeaways, that all deliver

What people forget that Kirkstall is a residencial area, as in a large place for people to live.

ReputationRep:
    I'm liking Opal! Even though there's no bar, it's close enough to the town centre!!

Wheres a Leeds met student union bar?

ReputationRep:
    Heeyy, when it comes to the leisure club, it costed 100 pounds per this academic year. You also can buy month ticket, it costs 25 pounds. Facilities include gym, sauna and swimming pool, they are really great,
    actually there is no bar at opal, but kitchens (with tvs) are definitely bigger than in kirkstall so why not to make your "mini pub" in kitchen? or you can go to the billard room, there is a big tv and sofas as well
    moreover, it is a 5 minute walk to the bus stop where you can catch a free city bus, which is really FREE and goes every 10 minutes till 7 pm. It will take you just to the entrance to Morrisons, banks, railway station, coach station, civic quater etc...
    and what u can see through the window in kirkstall are meadows and when you look out of window on high floors at opal there is a chance to see the whole city centre..
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    your choice then

ReputationRep:
    I've booked my accom. for opal one, but haven't recieved anything through. Anyone studying music tech at headingley?

ReputationRep:
    alrite 'aJmes'!

i'm doing music tech at headingley, and staying at opal too. as a are a few of my mates.

i haven't recieved anything from them either in regards to accomodation, although we have to sort out our loan and finance by ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    About a week after choosing them as my firm, I got a letter saying to apply for my accommodation online

ReputationRep:
    just did my accom for opal one (en suite not studio flat). Seems nice ain't really looked into it that deeply as everyone seems to gripe about their accomadation and wish they've chosen a different one, i figure thy must all b about the same!

im studying physio so its nice and close to civic where im studying at least i know its got that going 4 it

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.