Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Just got a speeding ticket watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.narb.x)
    The police are absolute *****, unmarked police car behind me on my way to tescos pulled me over and gave me a speeding ticket.

Absolute *****.
    Unmmarked car!?

*mental note to self - do not speed... AT ALL!*

I have to admit that where I know there are cameras, I stick to the speed limit, even if the cameras are facing the wrong way, just in case! But in an area I know well and that there are no speed cameras, I usually go above the limit, even if it's just by a few mph (never done as much as 50mph in a 30 though! :p: ), but knowing that unmarked police cars go around clocking speeds I think I'm definitely going to go more careful!

ReputationRep:
    There are no speed cameras in York, think it was about 9pm, down an empty road, next to a racecourse(just a big empty field), last place on earth you'd expect to be caught speeding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashley710)
    Personally people like you shouldn't be allowed to drive then, as you seem way to nervous and are probably dangerous as a result and also you cause people to overtake you which is also dangerous. Please tell me your not one of these people that can't drive on motorways either?
    i was exaggerating! i was nervous to start with but i am fine now! i haven't passed my test yet, not long started driving. but, as i say, i am okay now, i was just exaggerating how strict i am with sticking to speed limits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello_its_me_)
    i was exaggerating! i was nervous to start with but i am fine now! i haven't passed my test yet, not long started driving. but, as i say, i am okay now, i was just exaggerating how strict i am with sticking to speed limits.
    Well if you are a learner than I can forgive you a bit for being nervous. Its just because I really hate people who do literally drive at 20 in a 30 zone and I know people who won't go on motorways because they are too scared - i feel that if you are too scared to drive on a motorway you shouldn't be allowed to drive at all - why don't they make learning on a motorway compulsary? Because as soon as you pass you can go on a motoway anyway, which is what I did, and this is surely more dangerous than learning on one

ReputationRep:
    Its not an excuse, but thats part of the reason I quite often speed, the amount of times I get stuck behind some prick going 20 or braking randomly, or in the wrong places, is stupid, and when I finally get set free I just wanna put my foot down and let off some steam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.narb.x)
    Its not an excuse, but thats part of the reason I quite often speed, the amount of times I get stuck behind some prick going 20 or braking randomly, or in the wrong places, is stupid, and when I finally get set free I just wanna put my foot down and let off some steam.
    Exactly how i feel bud. Its such a good feeling just to let the car go once in a while

ReputationRep:
    I just got a ticket through for doing 79 on the motorway I was passing a lorry at the time and being over taken by a car. The lorry bloody blocked out the camera van til the last minute. I am so gutted. Anybody know where I can find that coversheet that says they can't use what I say because I am not under caution? It was in MCN a few weeks ago

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.