Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

USA threatens Iran? watch

• View Poll Results: Is this likely/do you believe the report?
    definatly
    0%
    seems credible but need more info
    28.57%
    un-decided
    21.43%
    seems incredible but need more info
    7.14%
    definatly NOT
    28.57%
    educational comment/abstain
    14.29%

ReputationRep:
    In Isreal's defense, when I quote a post I'm replying to I don't usually erase stuff I'm not referring to. For example with yours, I would simply post the entire thing, ie.

It sounded like a cheap Holocaust card to me. Why not remove it from the quote?

Serbia would like the Israeli representative to confirm whether or not the IDF will attack Iran, and if so will tactical nuclear weapons be used?
    rather than:

Why not remove it from the quote?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr4470)
    It sounded like a cheap Holocaust card to me. Why not remove it from the quote?

Serbia would like the Israeli representative to confirm whether or not the IDF will attack Iran, and if so will tactical nuclear weapons be used?
    Well you would say that, wouldn't you?

Thank you China, that's exactly what I was thinking. Why would I erase just that bit? I never said I disagreed with it, it just wasn't the bit I thought was the best part of the post.

Attacking Iran is not on the agenda at the moment.

Wheres the Iranian rep? I'm not supposed to be fighting their corner...:confused:

Maybe I ought to consider changing countries, Serbia doesnt seem to be too vocal on these kind of issues in real life..

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - go for France.

or Indonesia.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I don't think we have a Japanese rep anymore

ReputationRep:
    India condemns the accusations of Israel 'bringing up the Holocaust card' and would welcome the representative for Serbia changing to represent another nation.

ReputationRep:
    By bringing up Hitler I wasn't even referring to the Holocaust but more to the fact that in the lead up to WW2 there were many people saying what a nice guy he was and didn't believe that he could possibly be hostile, despite what he wrote in "Mien Kampf"

Sorry for the confusion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyP)
    Ok, maybe your right, perhaps Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is just a nice guy, and although he believes that it is his role to bring the world to the brink of Armageddon so that it is ready for the return of the 12th Iman; although he and the mullahs call for Israel to be wiped of the map, give money and weapons to terrorist so that they can attack Israel and say that anyone who acknowledges Israel's existence will burn in hell there all really nice guys who want everyone to peacefully co-exist.

I'm sure he's such a nice bloke and that he just wants nuclear power for peaceful means, perhaps hes concerned about the damage using fossil fuels does to the environment. If he did get it I'm sure he would never work out how to make nukes and pass them on to terrorists, like he has done with all his other weapons.

Although he repeatedly calls of Israel's destruction I'm sure he doesn't mean it, its just a friendly joke isn't it.

Oh and while we're at it wasn't hitler a really nice man. I'm sure he didn't mean to start world war 2, he was just trying to get a bit more room for the poor cramped people in Germany.
    Actually, some reputable historians do believe Hitler didn't want a major war.

While the Iranian President's comments are certainly objectionable, and I unhesitatingly condemn them, it ought to be considered that he is a showman. It follows that not everything he says is to be taken seriously - much of it is attention-grabbing material, either to get the world's eyes on Iran or to drum up support internally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RichyP)
    By bringing up Hitler I wasn't even referring to the Holocaust but more to the fact that in the lead up to WW2 there were many people saying what a nice guy he was and didn't believe that he could possibly be hostile, despite what he wrote in "Mien Kampf"

Sorry for the confusion
    India insists that Hitler and WW2 is now confined to the past, and although we must not forget the mistakes that happened, the MUN is a place for discussion of topical and current issues.

ReputationRep:
    Although Greece feels that the U.S will not jump into a new war too quickly - I somehow think that a possible assignation of Bush may cumulate after such. :P

I think America are attempting to become too aggressive towards "opposing" countries, and should become far more educated towards the situation before jumping into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smith)
    Actually, some reputable historians do believe Hitler didn't want a major war.

While the Iranian President's comments are certainly objectionable, and I unhesitatingly condemn them, it ought to be considered that he is a showman. It follows that not everything he says is to be taken seriously - much of it is attention-grabbing material, either to get the world's eyes on Iran or to drum up support internally.
    Denmark disagrees, and feels that his claims must be taken very seriously, no matter what the outcome of such claims may eventually be. Denmark thinks it would be a huge mistake not to take him seriously unless there is evidence to the contrary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElWilson)
    I think America are attempting to become too aggressive towards "opposing" countries, and should become far more educated towards the situation before jumping into it.
    Would Greece care to state their reasons for thinking America has become to aggresive? The US has not said it is considering war with Iran, nor has it said it is making plans to invade. This is all just speculation, aggravated by rumour.

ReputationRep:
    The stereotypical way of American politics under Bush confirms U.S's "no-nonescene" attitude. Greece support American whatever situation - however, fellow countries will grow tiresome of helping out the US, and committing service-men to another countries battle.

Greece wish to ensure that peace between Iran and the rest of the world remains, and intimidation on behalf of the U.S - stops.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.