Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Resident Evil 4 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have, a few times. Only when I know I won't be returning to the area or just for a laugh and not saving afterwards. More often than not I don't bother.

ReputationRep:
    put it on the other day and its definitely still the best game ever made !
    and i thought nothing could beat MGS3 and ocarina of time

ReputationRep:
    Krauser and Saddler were horrible to beat >___< (although, stupidly, I thought Saddler was easier. Final boss. HA!) I managed it the first time I played but then forgot completely how I'd done it and took me ages after that. The music from Resident Evil 2 creeped me out a bit though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    By the way what is the matilda? And how do I get it in the game? Can I just buy it from the merchant?
    Matilda (Pretty much another Leon The Professional reference) is Leon's Custom Handgun in Resi Evil 2, which fires in 3 shot bursts, and it fires regular 9mm rounds.

Has anyone unlocked the Handcannon? Lots of fun to play with, even if the Chicago Typewriter is the better weapon.

Has anyone killed the merchant?
    I tried it to see if he dropped anything, and on Normal that perticular merchant doesn't return; if you do it on Professional, all the merchants in the game disappear.

It's a shame about what happened to the merchant (or the last merchant, at least) at the end of the game, you still see his blue torch when Leon and Ashley run into the cave.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm sure the merchant had something up his sleeve to escape the island

Is the handcannon what you get for completing the mercenaries? Is it worth it? Cos for me at least it'd take a bloody long time to get 5* with every character.

ReputationRep:
    When you've got it fully upgraded, the Hand Cannon is like love in gun form. But I prefer the Chicago Typewriter because of it's higher RoF.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm sure the merchant had something up his sleeve to escape the island

Is the handcannon what you get for completing the mercenaries? Is it worth it? Cos for me at least it'd take a bloody long time to get 5* with every character.

Well, to be honest, I think the Handcannon is the worst unlockable weapon, apart from the Matilda, sure it has a Firepower of 99.9 when fully upgraded. But the Typewriter does damage faster and it doesn't matter as much if you miss the shot. I heard that the Infinite Rocket Launcher has a Firepower of 255, and it can also be zoomed in and out. Finally, The P.R.L 412 can instantly kill certain enemies and can be charged to kill all but a few bosses.

I'd say it's worth the effort though, because Mercenaries is a very fun mini-game to play. (Apart from playing on Waterworld as HUNK.) You also get to see how badass Wesker really is when you unlock him.

ReputationRep:
    How do I get the chicago typewriter? I think i may already have it but am not sure where to get it from :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sziphix)
    Well, to be honest, I think the Handcannon is the worst unlockable weapon, apart from the Matilda, sure it has a Firepower of 99.9 when fully upgraded. But the Typewriter does damage faster and it doesn't matter as much if you miss the shot. I heard that the Infinite Rocket Launcher has a Firepower of 255, and it can also be zoomed in and out. Finally, The P.R.L 412 can instantly kill certain enemies and can be charged to kill all but a few bosses.

I'd say it's worth the effort though, because Mercenaries is a very fun mini-game to play. (Apart from playing on Waterworld as HUNK.) You also get to see how badass Wesker really is when you unlock him.
    I've unlocked everyone... that's all I was interested in doing, really. I think I'd find it too frustrating to take all the time to get 5*s and then be disappointed with the reward.

ReputationRep:
    How do I get the chicago typewriter? I think i may already have it but am not sure where to get it from :/
    I haven't played RE4 for over a year, but if I remember properly, you have to complete Assignment Ada (not too hard) and buy it from the merchant for 1 000 000 pstas.

ReputationRep:
    lol at the infinite rocket launcher. that's a great weapon.

and i like the fact that you get little sub games at the end. it really is like a never ending game.

ReputationRep:
    Great game, but i prefer REmake, took me foreva completin mercenaries.

ReputationRep:

Argh I want to go and play resi 4 again, even though I've just done it on pro. By the way what is the matilda? And how do I get it in the game? Can I just buy it from the merchant?
    The Matilda is just a handgun that you can buy once you start a "new round". It has a stock and 3-round burst fire. To be honest I'm not a huge fan, the Blacktail is a better gun, and I even prefer the Red9 and Punisher. The Matilda is far less powerful per round than the fully upgraded blacktail, and it goes through your ammo like a hot knife through butter, and it doesn't have the tactical uses of the Punisher or the general coolness of the Red9.

You can also buy the Chicago Typewriter and and Infinite Launcher as soon as you start a new round - but it usually takes at least one and a half play-throughs (getting every treasure, and combining the combinable ones) and selling all your other guns to be able to afford either one of them since they cost 1 mill each. The Chicago Typewriter is ridiculously overpowered, I only use it for speed-playthroughs. It makes the village lawlfunny. Everyone gets pwned. The Infinite Launcher challenge, completing the game using only the infinite launcher and (optionally) the knife, is actually quite fun and at times bloody difficult!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    The Matilda is just a handgun that you can buy once you start a "new round". It has a stock and 3-round burst fire. To be honest I'm not a huge fan, the Blacktail is a better gun, and I even prefer the Red9 and Punisher. The Matilda is far less powerful per round than the fully upgraded blacktail, and it goes through your ammo like a hot knife through butter, and it doesn't have the tactical uses of the Punisher or the general coolness of the Red9.

You can also buy the Chicago Typewriter and and Infinite Launcher as soon as you start a new round - but it usually takes at least one and a half play-throughs (getting every treasure, and combining the combinable ones) and selling all your other guns to be able to afford either one of them since they cost 1 mill each. The Chicago Typewriter is ridiculously overpowered, I only use it for speed-playthroughs. It makes the village lawlfunny. Everyone gets pwned. The Infinite Launcher challenge, completing the game using only the infinite launcher and (optionally) the knife, is actually quite fun and at times bloody difficult!
    How can you use the chicago typewriter in the village if you need a million to buy it?

ReputationRep:
    How can you use the chicago typewriter in the village if you need a million to buy it?
    Each time you start a "new round" game, you start with all of the money / guns you finished the last game with. Depending on if you got all the treasures etc. / how much loot you picked up from kills, you should finish the 1st round of any game with approx 600 - 800,000 (if you sell all your guns). I like to keep a couple of guns though (Mine thrower, sniper rifle, sometimes Killer7) as the typewriter can't do EVERYTHING alone. So, personally I recommend playing through Pro the first time, then one more time with all the "normal" guns you got first time round, then 3rd time you start you should easily have 1 mill if you sell your fully upgraded handgun, shotgun and TMP (which you won't need).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    Each time you start a "new round" game, you start with all of the money / guns you finished the last game with. Depending on if you got all the treasures etc. / how much loot you picked up from kills, you should finish the 1st round of any game with approx 600 - 800,000 (if you sell all your guns). I like to keep a couple of guns though (Mine thrower, sniper rifle, sometimes Killer7) as the typewriter can't do EVERYTHING alone. So, personally I recommend playing through Pro the first time, then one more time with all the "normal" guns you got first time round, then 3rd time you start you should easily have 1 mill if you sell your fully upgraded handgun, shotgun and TMP (which you won't need).
    Oh I didn't know that! I'm pretty sure I ended with very close to a million... how much space does the typewriter take up in your case?

ReputationRep:
    Oh I didn't know that! I'm pretty sure I ended with very close to a million... how much space does the typewriter take up in your case?
    It's the same length as the semi-auto rifle, but three blocks wide instead of 2. So it takes a fair bit of space.

ReputationRep:
    The PC version is said to be slightly disappointing compared to the GC version, which is itself slightly graphically superior to the PS2 version (although the PS2 version has some extra missions.) I would recommend the Gamecube version, though you'll only be able to get it second hand now unless you buy the Wii version (which is said to be identical to the GC version apart from the control method).

As for the game, I agree that it is one of the best games I have ever played but the Cube's Metroid Prime is arguably better (depends what you are looking for) and the Resident Evil remake will be preferred by those looking for a confined 'Lovecraftian' gothic horror game. In fact the remake also has better character models/cut scenes in my opinion.

Those who don't find Resident Evil 4 scary in parts must have been on autopilot when they faced that scary boss character in the basement, those creatures in the sewer or first heard the sound of a chainsaw before being separated from their head.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the remake had much better cutscenes and dialogue. RE4's kinda sucked sometimes.

But I honestly never found any of it particularly frightening. The only thing that came close to freaking me out were the iron maidens http://www.rehorror.net/thirdeye06/re4_ironmaiden.jpg

ReputationRep:
    The snigger they made. They were the only remotely freaky thing in RE4, but even then they weren't that threatening because of how God damned slow they were. Same with regenerators.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.