Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BNP. good or bad ? watch

• View Poll Results: what do you think of the BNP?
    good - positive role models for everyone
    8.00%
    ok, but could be better
    10.29%
    bad - wannabee nazis with ****** for leader
    81.71%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastMidlander)
    More support?
    0.7% of the vote.
    Let's be real here.
    Your figure is from before those paedophile worshipping morons decided to blow up some trains in our capital city, I'm sure you will find a significant increase in the next election.
    So?
    You are missing the point.
    That's not a reason to vote for a bunch of losers.
    Your only reason to vote BNP appears to be you think that labour are crap, well welcome to the club, most of the nation thinks the same thing, but we're not going to go off and vote for a bunch of rank amateurs because of that.
    People want a real solution.
    I have read the manifesto and although it is a little boring i agree with everything it proposes. Look into the history of the Labour party, particularly how they got up and running. They were "rank amateurs" at one time and from what i understand they too had people like yourself who did not like them.

What censorship are you referring to?
    The Trial of the BNP's Leader Nick Griffin for political reasons and more importantly the retrial which will take place later this year.
    lol
    If the other parties want the BNP to go away they just need to splash the truth all over the tabloids, and bring in new legislation.
    Job done.
    The question you should be asking is why do they tolerate them?
    Unless i am mistaken the have tried splashing the "truth" all over the tabloids yet that only made the party stronger. Newspapers claiming that BNP members were shouting "leader" as Nick Griffin left court are absolute lies. They were shouting "freedom" i know this because i was outside the court as this was going on.

New legislation would only make the supporters go underground and would probably lead to paramilitary action being taken against the government, this is also why the government have no choice but to tolerate the BNP.
    They are not though are they?

They are offering a bunch of crackpot schemes that don't work.
    Which is why the majority of people think there is an immigration problem, but only 0.7% will vote BNP.
    Don't work? How do you know? Have the BNP's policy's been tried?
    Have you read the Manifesto?

That isn't their policies though, is it?
    See: http://www.bnp.org.uk/candidates2005...esto/manf3.htm
    Win back some of the massive 0.7%?
    I'm sure they will be listening and taking on board your advice as we speak.
    :rolleyes:
    Time will tell.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    7 people voted yes
    what is the world coming to?
    are all you people just stupid or actual racists?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoneyMonster)
    Your figure is from before those paedophile worshipping morons decided to blow up some trains in our capital city, I'm sure you will find a significant increase in the next election.
    That's funny, opinion polls and by elections eem to disagree with you.
    When it is more than 0.7% you can make those claims, until then it's 0.7%

I have read the manifesto and although it is a little boring i agree with everything it proposes. Look into the history of the Labour party, particularly how they got up and running. They were "rank amateurs" at one time and from what i understand they too had people like yourself who did not like them.
    There you go again.
    Your sole defense of the bnp is that labour is crap.
    So what?

The Trial of the BNP's Leader Nick Griffin for political reasons and more importantly the retrial which will take place later this year.
    a) That's not censorship dude (get a dictionary)
    b) Plenty of people, non-BNP, and even non-whites have faced similar charges.
    If you were not paying attention at the time a certain Mr Abu Hamza was also on trial for the same sort of thing at the same time.
    It's got jack **** to do with the bnp.

Unless i am mistaken the have tried splashing the "truth" all over the tabloids
    Yes, you are mistaken.
    I don't recall a front page headline about Tony Lecomber trying to solicite joe owens to murder senior figures in British society.
    Why not?
    They could have used that to shut the party instantly, just like they have used similar things to crack down on paramilitary organisations in the past.

yet that only made the party stronger.
    lol
    Here you go with the stronger crap again.
    0.7%?
    Stornger?
    They are nothing.

Newspapers claiming that BNP members were shouting "leader" as Nick Griffin left court are absolute lies.
    And that really compares with attempts to solicite murder does it?
    So a reporter misheard one word.
    Wow!
    They really are out to get you arn't they?

They were shouting "freedom" i know this because i was outside the court as this was going on.
    Gosh, what a stunning conspiracy.
    Are we meant to be impressed yet?
    Mistakes like that are made everyday in the papers.
    If that's the best you've got then you ain't got nothing.

New legislation would only make the supporters go underground
    All of them?
    Wow, all of these people undeground, they better build a big bunker for them.

and would probably lead to paramilitary action being taken against the government
    lmao, this just get's funnier and funnier.
    paramilitary action hey?
    So half a dozen crackpots are going to take illegal action are they?
    What are they going to do, throw eggs at people?
    If the bnp was outlawed 50% would join the NF, and the other 50% would go home.
    You might get 3 people to join in your egg throwing jaunts, but that would be about it.

this is also why the government have no choice but to tolerate the BNP.
    They have a choice, close you down and shut you up.
    Why don't they?
    They have done it to bigger and more dangerous people than you before.

Don't work? How do you know? Have the BNP's policy's been tried?
    Yes I have read it, it's a pile of crap.
    Do you really think splitting the nation up is going to work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoneyMonster)
    See: http://www.bnp.org.uk/candidates2005...esto/manf3.htm
    Yes, we've read it, have you?
    http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost...7&postcount=43
    Want to explain how a) that's a good policy, and b) how on earth you think it's going to work.
    It's your party.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antics)
    7 people voted yes
    what is the world coming to?
    are all you people just stupid or actual racists?
    From what I've read around here so far I vote stupid.
    Some of these guys seem to think they have a product very different from what it really is.

ReputationRep:
    Do you really think splitting the nation up is going to work?
    I hope your not talking about Barnes' article - it was absurd and no one agrees with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amon.)
    I hope your not talking about Barnes' article - it was absurd and no one agrees with him.
    Read the linked post.
    Barnes article was elaborating on current policy in their manifesto, so obviously someone agrees with him.
    I would also be asking myself, if no one agrees with him then how come his article is on the bnp site?
    You don't see other political parties producing articles by politicians they don't agree with, and in the uncommon case of a **** up being made there are swift denials and retractions.
    Can you see the swift denials and retractions?
    Sorry, that's the parties policy, it's in the manifesto, and the leader endorses it, which is why it's on the site.
    If anyone is telling you different then it's you they are selling the dummy to, not the public.

ReputationRep:
    Read the linked post.
    Barnes article was elaborating on current policy in their manifesto, so obviously someone agrees with him.
    I would also be asking myself, if no one agrees with him then how come his article is on the bnp site?
    You don't see other political parties producing articles by politicians they don't agree with, and in the uncommon case of a **** up being made there are swift denials and retractions.
    Sorry, that's the parties policy, it's in the manifesto, and the leader endorses it, which is why it's on the site.
    If anyone is telling you different then it's you they are selling the dummy to, not the public.
    I have never found anyone who agrees with Barnes there.

He is NOT "elaborating on current policy in their manifesto". Read the Stormfront thread to see members' opinions of what he wrote (I cannot link to? why?)

It is not in the manifesto
    Griffin does not "endorse it"
    Its on the site I think because Barnes' writes for them - read the bit at bottom:

"All material published on these pages represents the personal views of the individual columnists and should not be taken to represent official BNP policy, which is decided by the Chairman after a period of ongoing consultation and discussion at the annual conference each November."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amon.)
    I have never found anyone who agrees with Barnes there.
    Where?
    There is only one place they need to agree with him.

He is NOT "elaborating on current policy in their manifesto".
    Read my link, read the thread, it's exactly what he is doing.

Read the Stormfront thread to see members' opinions of what he wrote (I cannot link to? why?)
    Stormfront members are not Nick Griffin I assume?
    So their opinion is meaningless.
    Half a dozen disgruntled voices mean nothing.

It is not in the manifesto
    Go read, it is.
    From the manifesto:
    ""Different groups can live side-by-side and at peace for generations. They can even enjoy each other's cultures, but they must stick to their own, or ‘diversity' will be but a short-lived stepping stone to nothingness." (my embolding)"
    No compulsory repatriation, different cultures living side by side, but not together, sticking with their own, what do you think they are talking about?
    It's on the bnp site, both the policy, and the article.
    Whatever your stormfront says counts for nothing, I think the leader of the party, the manifesto, and the website carry slightly more weight, and the lack of retractions, denials, and posts being deleted just confirm it more.

Griffin does not "endorse it"
    So where is his swift denial and retraction?
    He endorses it.

Its on the site I think because Barnes' writes for them - read the bit at bottom:

"All material published on these pages represents the personal views of the individual columnists and should not be taken to represent official BNP policy, which is decided by the Chairman after a period of ongoing consultation and discussion at the annual conference each November."
    As I said above, you don't see other political parties producing articles by politicians they don't agree with, and in the uncommon case of a **** up being made there are swift denials and retractions.

ReputationRep:
    question in the poll isnt a good one in my view.

i would say the BNP is good for the political system. enough of the parties are too alike already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    question in the poll isnt a good one in my view.

i would say the BNP is good for the political system. enough of the parties are too alike already.
    I suggest that is exactly why they are tolerated.
    They offer a nice colourful "alternative" to the same old parties.
    It distracts from the total lack of colour in the political spectrum, and allows the real political parties to carry on regardless.
    I've said it before, if the bnp didn't exist the government would probably invent it, along with respect and a few other token parties.

ReputationRep:
    ... and they remind us why political apathy is a BAD thing. Those of us that didn't do Weimar Germany in History, at any rate.

ReputationRep:
    Where?
    There is only one place they need to agree with him.
    You ask where, I say Stormfront where there are many BNP members but they don't count?

http://www.**********.org/forum/showthread.php?t=277307
    (replace the * with stormfront)

Stormfront members are not Nick Griffin I assume?
    So their opinion is meaningless.
    Half a dozen disgruntled voices mean nothing.
    Where else? unless you want to go to a meeting and ask yourself?

Griffin is well known to be bad at accepting criticizm.

Go read, it is.
    From the manifesto:
    ""Different groups can live side-by-side and at peace for generations. They can even enjoy each other's cultures, but they must stick to their own, or ‘diversity' will be but a short-lived stepping stone to nothingness." (my embolding)"
    No compulsory repatriation, different cultures living side by side, but not together, sticking with their own, what do you think they are talking about?
    It's on the bnp site, both the policy, and the article.
    Whatever your stormfront says counts for nothing, I think the leader of the party, the manifesto, and the website carry slightly more weight, and the lack of retractions, denials, and posts being deleted just confirm it more.
    voluntary repatriation is still a policy.

Slightly more weight than the members?

So where is his swift denial and retraction?
    He endorses it.
    does not need one - that is why yhr "disclaimer" is there.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who thinks the BNP are good and votes for them in this poll are a bunch of d**kwads. Enough said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gotaprob)
    Anyone who thinks the BNP are good and votes for them in this poll are a bunch of d**kwads. Enough said.
    You've certainly convinced me with your extremely good explanation of your point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amon.)
    You ask where, I say Stormfront where there are many BNP members but they don't count?
    No, they don't count.
    They are not Nick Griffin are they?
    They are not the leadership are they?
    They don't make the policies do they?

Griffin is well known to be bad at accepting criticizm.
    He's well known as an ex-tin pot nazi who will jump into bed with anyone who will earn him a couple of quid.
    Look how he went to play with Gadaffi.
    He'll say or do anything as long as you keep paying him his membership money.
    He's a loser.

voluntary repatriation is still a policy
    As it is with the conservative party.
    In fact, if you are an illegal immigrant today, and you turn yourself in, they will pay your fare home, so it's technically a policy under labour too.
    Do you see them all flooding out the doors?

Slightly more weight than the members?
    Massively more wieght than a bunch of members on a messageboard, don't you think?

does not need one - that is why yhr "disclaimer" is there.
    Yes it needs one, but you won't get one, because it's party policy.
    Why else do you think it's in your manifesto and on your website.
    Disclaimers mean crap.
    Look around you, you don't see other political parties producing articles by politicians they don't agree with, and in the uncommon case of a **** up being made there are swift denials and retractions.
    Can you show me an example on any other parties site where they have things like that up that are not policy?
    Look at this:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4896956.stm
    You disagree with policy and the leadership steps up, retracts it, denies it, distances himself from it, silly disclaimer or no disclaimer.
    Understand now?
    Can you see the swift denials and retractions from your leadership?
    Where are there statements distancing themselves from the comments?
    Phone up your leader, or text him, or e-mail or write him, tell him that people who read it think it's policy, he'll put up a retraction then won't he, or withdraw the post?
    No.
    Why not?
    Because that's the parties policy, it's in the manifesto, and the leader endorses it, which is why it's on the site.

(Original post by Gotaprob)
    I still want to know why nick griffin is such a bad guy. What has he said?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Gr...sms_of_Griffin

Just a few examples.

ReputationRep:
    No, they don't count.
    They are not Nick Griffin are they?
    They are not the leadership are they?
    They don't make the policies do they?
    without the members the party is nothing. I know they don't make the policys but you asked for members, I gave you them.

He's well known as an ex-tin pot nazi who will jump into bed with anyone who will earn him a couple of quid.
    Look how he went to play with Gadaffi.
    He'll say or do anything as long as you keep paying him his membership money.
    He's a loser.
    well...thats just a load of crap.

As it is with the conservative party.
    In fact, if you are an illegal immigrant today, and you turn yourself in, they will pay your fare home, so it's technically a policy under labour too.
    Do you see them all flooding out the doors?
    I think the BNP policy of voluntary repatriation is slightly different. (as in not just illegals)

Massively more wieght than a bunch of members on a messageboard, don't you think?
    Without the members they are nothing.

Yes it needs one, but you won't get one, because it's party policy.
    Why else do you think it's in your manifesto and on your website.
    Disclaimers mean crap.
    Look around you, you don't see other political parties producing articles by politicians they don't agree with, and in the uncommon case of a **** up being made there are swift denials and retractions.
    Can you show me an example on any other parties site where they have things like that up that are not policy?
    Look at this:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4896956.stm
    You disagree with policy and the leadership steps up, retracts it, denies it, distances himself from it, silly disclaimer or no disclaimer.
    Understand now?
    Can you see the swift denials and retractions from your leadership?
    Where are there statements distancing themselves from the comments?
    Phone up your leader, or text him, or e-mail or write him, tell him that people who read it think it's policy, he'll put up a retraction then won't he, or withdraw the post?
    No.
    Why not?
    Because that's the parties policy, it's in the manifesto, and the leader endorses it, which is why it's on the site.
    it has one:
    All material published on these pages represents the personal views of the individual columnists and should not be taken to represent official BNP policy, which is decided by the Chairman after a period of ongoing consultation and discussion at the annual conference each November.

other parties are different. i couldn't give a crap what Barnes says, hes not the leader, he does not make the policies.

They don't need "statements distancing themselves from the comments" because of the ****ing disclaimer! they don't think people are stupid enough to take it as party policy when they say it shouldn't be taken as party policy.

are you really that ****ing stupid that you continue to take it as policy when it clearly says its not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    Shall we start with going to visit, and supporting this guy:

Here he is on his little jaunt

Just before this:

The 270 victims (259 on the plane, 11 on the ground) were citizens of 21 nations.
    That is your great anti-islamic leader.
    Or perhaps we could try his relations with this guy:

Who became a wanted man in Italy after the 1980 bombing of Bologna train station which left 85 people dead and over 200 wounded.
    Or perhaps if you are still not convinced, how about his friendship with this guy:

A man currently in a senior, salaried position within the bnp, who in 1985 was injured by a nailbomb that he was carrying to the offices of the Workers' Revolutionary Party. Police found 10 grenades, seven petrol bombs and two detonators at his home, and is currently implicated in a conspiracy to murder people in positions in society.
    Is that enough for you?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.