Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Italian Election Result watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4903750.stm

China will now wait for the results of the recount before confirming its previous statement.

ReputationRep:
    lol didnt i link you to that earlier.

As Italian rep ill continue to represent Italy as if we were under Mr Prodi's rule until any further decision is made by the election officials.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Nightowl)
    Excuse me? I am the teacher here!
    Sorry to go off topic here again, but...

...aren't I actually more of the teacher here? Especially when it come to time tables?

Now the lot of you, sit down quietly and show some respect to the teacher and each other. No one is going for a toilet break til the end of the lesson.

Now, Brimstone you continue where we left off with five twos...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roger Kirk)
    Sorry to go off topic here again, but...

...aren't I actually more of the teacher here? Especially when it come to time tables?

Now the lot of you, sit down quietly and show some respect to the teacher and each other. No one is going for a toilet break til the end of the lesson.

Now, Brimstone you continue where we left off with five twos...
    I should have expected this sooner with Roger being the maths teacher....*hides in corner*
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Dhesi)
    I should have expected this sooner with Roger being the maths teacher....*hides in corner*
    A maths (trainee) maths teacher with nice new shiny green gem

Now behave and get on with your work.

ReputationRep:
    Five twos are ten, six twos are twelve...
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Five twos are ten, six twos are twelve...

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if we could settle the Italian election by putting both leaders in a times tables sudden death.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I wonder if we could settle the Italian election by putting both leaders in a times tables sudden death.
    We'd need to time them in there responses too, just in case they are both really clever....but I'd guess if anything would stump them it's be 7x8.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the one I was thinking. Berlusconi doesn't look too hot on maths, whereas Prodi looks abit like my maths teacher.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Exactly the one I was thinking. Berlusconi doesn't look too hot on maths, whereas Prodi looks abit like my maths teacher.
    So you were trying to set a fixed test that the one you wanted to win would win then? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Basically yes. However, it may not work because I have a questionable level of political clout in Rome.

ReputationRep:
    México would also like to extend it's congratulations to Signor Prodi. It would also like to add that it hopes the Signor Berlusconi will settle down and admit defeat like a real man:rolleyes:
    México also hears that further congratulations are in order for Signor Prodi, who has succeeded in one of his policies already (the capture of the head of the mafia).

ReputationRep:
    Oooh... controversial first post from Mexico

ReputationRep:
    China regrets to inform the Mexican rep that the chances of Mr. Berlusconi doing anything decent or honourable are extremely slim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Oooh... controversial first post from Mexico
    ¿Y por qué no?
    México hopes that the recount does not leave México in a bit of a sticky situation after previous comment.

ReputationRep:
    Greece support any result of President regarding Italy.

ReputationRep:
    Brazil gives its congratulations to the winner.

ReputationRep:
    China sends its congratulations to Mr. Prodi in his electoral success
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4909120.stm

ReputationRep:
    India sends further congratulations to Mr Prodi for winning the election.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.