Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Snow Patrol - Eyes Open watch

ReputationRep:
    Interestingly Hands Open just came on and I listened to it and it's really good so wehey good pick there! heh

ReputationRep:
    I love Hands Open and track 7 (whatever it's called!) Seeing them in December!

ReputationRep:
    He, that would be "Make This Go On Forever"

ReputationRep:
    i used to like you're all i have/chasing cars but after they've been realeased as singles i've gone off them my new favourite track is probably open your eyes, but the iffy tracks like headlights on dark roads are really growing on me and i really like them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decent_Jam)
    He, that would be "Make This Go On Forever"
    That's the one! Beats Chasing Cars in my book...

ReputationRep:
    Bringing this back up rather than starting a new thread.

You know, this album has really grown on me. At first I thought it was oversimplistic i.e. a load of songs that had one line repeated over and over again as the chorus. However, forgetting the lyrics, musically it has started to impress me and I am listening to the whole album a lot. Apart from the obvious Chasing Cars, I find 'You Could Be Happy' wonderful in it's childish innocence, 'Headlights on Dark Roads' as the real rocker (compared with other Snow Patrol anyway), and 'Open Your Eyes' with those great searing vocals.

Although listening to their live DVD, Post-Punk Progression: I wish they would do more songs like that!

ReputationRep:
    and hands open as another rockier song...:hmpf:

yeah this is one of those albums that made it into my actually_bought collection

ReputationRep:
    Im getting back into this album, after getting bored of it for a while.

So loving 'Chasing Cars' and 'set the fire to the third bar' they are stuck on repeat

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.