x Turn on thread page Beta

You have got to be having a laugh ... watch

Announcements

(Original post by thefin)
    i think this is a key point for the owners to consider: are people really clicking on it?
    You are absolutely 100% right.
    surely, surley not. perhaps im being naive, but seriously...
    If they don't then there's no point it being there. I can track everything. I'm not about to reveal trade secrets:p: but I have very good reason to believe it will help keep TSR afloat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C)
    I'll consider it...honest. Let's just see what happens with this place.

In its defence, it negligably affects the site usability. Agreed?

Also, it's no less and certainly no more intrusive than the post signatures we allow.

Ta - C
    But we can choose how intrusive signatures are by using the sig-a-tron thing. So yeah, it is more intrusive than post signatures in the sense that we have no choice in it being there.

ReputationRep:
    Time for Ad-a-tron?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C)
    Also, it's no less and certainly no more intrusive than the post signatures we allow.
    We can turn them off

ReputationRep:
    I've just noticed that C loves talking about the wheels on the computer mouse :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C)
    If they don't then there's no point it being there. I can track everything. I'm not about to reveal trade secrets:p: but I have very good reason to believe it will help keep TSR afloat.
    who are these idiots. they should give there money to me. or perhaps save if it for when they are unemployable...

ReputationRep:
    I know the banner means I can now find the Motoring section far easier

Site with 1000 regular users online at anyone point = cost. Cost which is paid by both subscribers and admin staff. Banners are there to help out costs and shouldn't be frowned upon. Just that the banner is in the wrong place IMO.

If anyone wants to do something, such as compete in athletics at the highest level, you will need sponsorship. Sponsorship or adverts pay the brunt of the cost and shouldn't be looked down upon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C)
    Let's just see what happens with this place.
    Meaning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    I know the banner means I can now find the Motoring section far easier

Site with 1000 regular users online at anyone point = cost. Cost which is paid by both subscribers and admin staff. Banners are there to help out costs and shouldn't be frowned upon. Just that the banner is in the wrong place IMO.

If anyone wants to do something, such as compete in athletics at the highest level, you will need sponsorship. Sponsorship or adverts pay the brunt of the cost and shouldn't be looked down upon
    Yeah, that's fab, I don't have a problem with adverts, something's got to pay for this place. My problem is with that advert specifically for the reasons I've already posted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C)
    Signatures can be turned off using Sig-A-Tron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    Yeah, that's fab, I don't have a problem with adverts, something's got to pay for this place. My problem is with that advert specifically for the reasons I've already posted
    Coursework.info is owned by the same company that owns TSR.

Its hardly sponsorship, more shameless self promotion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)

perhaps the owner is a fan of food and shelter?

ReputationRep:
    Argh!

Placement = crap.
    Reason for advertisements = fine, it keeps TSR afloat, can't argue with that.
    But can we not be a little more choosy over what we advertise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)

Mmm, I did wonder about that. But whatever, if they want to advertise coursework.info then that's their prerogative I suppose.

Meh. Looking at it again, it's growing on me. Just turn off the bloody bots.

ReputationRep:
    perhaps the owner is a fan of food and shelter?
    It's a company, not a person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    But can we not be a little more choosy over what we advertise?
    Exactly. Right now for example, there are over 700 people on this site, 19 hoursago there was a record of 842 people on it, there are over 54000 members in total most of whom come from a specific group (British students) who have made nearly 4.5million posts. Surely this would be a site many companies would love to advertise on? There should be no reason for them to advertise such a controversial website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deej2)
    It's a company, not a person.
    the money goes somewhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shyopstv)
    Exactly. Right now for example, there are over 700 people on this site, 19 hoursago there was a record of 842 people on it, there are over 54000 members in total most of whom come from a specific group (British students) who have made nearly 4.5million posts. Surely this would be a site many companies would love to advertise on? There should be no reason for them to advertise such a controversial website
    Agreed. Maybe Student Media Services should reach out a bit, and find out if any other companies wish to advertise on TSR. Come on' we're students for goodness sakes. There are hundreds of products targeted at us - coursework cheating shouldn't be one of them, and shouldn't be advertised on TSR, and website with a controversial history regarding exams and cheating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shyopstv)
    But it isnt an outside company....

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.