Turn on thread page Beta

Lap Dancing, Strip Clubs & a girlfriend?? watch

you've missed the point glamour!

hes showing disrepect and not considering your opinion completly. He cheated with his past girlfriend and never told her, whose to say he hasnt done the same/is doing it now still.

Don't you think you could do better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    yes this is a good point.
    if he sees how much its hurt you then he wont go. or he'll take you with him, not go out to the clubs and instead take you out every night to make up for it.
    haha if only he saw it that was aswell!! he i suggested i go with him to see what a lap dance club was about and he said yeh okay but it wouldnt be appropriate! which i agree!

either way he'll convince me he's right!

ReputationRep:
    Lap dances r cool if ya got cash to burn.

Nothin wrong with 'em.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mangaroo)
    you've missed the point glamour!

hes showing disrepect and not considering your opinion completly. He cheated with his past girlfriend and never told her, whose to say he hasnt done the same/is doing it now still.

Don't you think you could do better?
    i guess he wouldnt do it on me coz he learned it was wrong before?

even though he says he knew it was wrong b4 he did it "but the grass is always greener on the other side"

this has happened before but with him sorting cocaine and not telling me about it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    Lap dances r cool if ya got cash to burn.

Nothin wrong with 'em.
    if ur in a 3 years long relationship and are talking about moving in ect

ReputationRep:
    I think strip clubs and lap dancing is fine AS LONG AS the other partner is in agreement and aware of what is happening. But I would say that a private dance IS going too far (esp is he's not telling you) unless you are very liberal about these things.

Look him in the eye and ask him why he would do something he knew you hated or would object to? Is his sexual enjoyment more important than your relationship?

seriously, sounds like hes going to be stubborn for the rest of his life, do you want to always deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's fine.. I havent read the whole thread though.
    Lap dancing clubs, strip clubs..I wouldnt count them as cheating, as it's no touching, and it's their job. If he got off with them, or slept with them.. THEN id count it as cheating.
    He'd have to be ok with me going to them, if i wanted to though, or else it's not working the same both ways. (nb:i wouldnt actually want to go..i just wouldnt want to be told not to go!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningwings)
    I think it's fine.. I havent read the whole thread though.
    Lap dancing clubs, strip clubs..I wouldnt count them as cheating, as it's no touching, and it's their job. If he got off with them, or slept with them.. THEN id count it as cheating.
    He'd have to be ok with me going to them, if i wanted to though, or else it's not working the same both ways. (nb:i wouldnt actually want to go..i just wouldnt want to be told not to go!!)
    even if he got a private nacked tittilating dance?

ReputationRep:
    ^ yeah..
    if he didnt touch her.. 's not cheating.
    i might be a bit miffed, but as long as he doesnt go off with her afterwards.. that's fine.

lots of couples go to strip clubs together, and like watching their partners get dances!

Glamour! use your sense! Im sure your the best judge of your situation now, anything you want?

ReputationRep:
    Glamour! use your sense! Im sure your the best judge of your situation now, anything you want?

lets hope so!!

Good luck.

Remember, if hes inconsiderate of your feelings to the extent that it bothers you so much that you have to post on an online forum to validate your feelings because he won't be open enough when you talk to him, then you have to let him know ~ maybe he doesn't know how much its upsetting you, BUT if he does, and he wont quit, then....there are better guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningwings)
    ^ yeah..
    if he didnt touch her.. 's not cheating.
    i might be a bit miffed, but as long as he doesnt go off with her afterwards.. that's fine.

lots of couples go to strip clubs together, and like watching their partners get dances!
    if you have an agreement

ReputationRep:
    glamour, it doesnt matter at all what we on here think is cheating. thats not the point. in fact he probably isnt cheating on you. its completely irrelavent on here what other girls mind/do not mind their bfs doing. what matters is YOU and YOUR bf.

the girls on here who dont think it is cheating is because they dont mind their bf's goign there. and i'll bet they WOULD mind a private dance. but you dont like it and he wont stiop

but the fact is even if it isnt cheating, he is doing something that is upsetting you and hurting you. you have made that clear to him and have tried to talk and compromise. but he wont budge on it. and he is going to continue to do it regardless of your feelings.

what kind of relaitonship is this? ok it might very well be faithful, but it certainly isnt equal .

ReputationRep:
    Good luck.

Remember, if hes inconsiderate of your feelings to the extent that it bothers you so much that you have to post on an online forum to validate your feelings because he won't be open enough when you talk to him, then you have to let him know ~ maybe he doesn't know how much its upsetting you, BUT if he does, and he wont quit, then....there are better guys.
    Lets hope so! THanks a lot for all your thoughts

ReputationRep:
    Im still feeling crappy about this! and getting a bit insecure about it too now and thinking all sorts

Slightly worried it might about my boyfriend and his closeness with his ex girlfriend.

They were going out for three years when they broke up after she went to uni and she said a long distance relationship wasnt going to work and he let her go....

They both have the same friends both female and male but feel that he goes out of his way to go to parties and to see them even though everyone else from that group have moved on?????

Any thoughts on this? Should i be worried that he still has feelings for her... stronger than he has for me?

check PM glamour

ReputationRep:
    this is worse and worse. its not surprising you feel insecure with his harem of women. i say dump him. sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be botherd if my bf went to a strip club providing it was with a group of guys, I think it is probably all in good fun. I don't really think it is his scene anyway. I don't think he would mind if I went either, I trust him and he trusts me and at the end of the day that is what is important.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.