Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Family Guy Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Saruman - you need to sign up officially by going to the Socs page in your User CP!
    I have, don't worry

-Saruman

ReputationRep:
    Ive accepted you right?

ReputationRep:
    for all those who don't know - series 4 is out as of next monday (unless you want to download it)

ands thanks for accepting me

ReputationRep:
    i wanna join!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=list&page=5
    Bluelight! Go here, scroll down to the Family Guy Soc, and click 'Join this soc'

ReputationRep:
    Was watching some family guy last night, the one where the pope comes is truly a classic.

(Original post by Dhesi)
    Was watching some family guy last night, the one where the pope comes is truly a classic.
    Which one's that?:hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    Its where peters dad comes to live with them and hes a super catholic. Its series one and I think the episode's called "Holy Crap".

Mike

ReputationRep:
    series 4 out on monday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhesi)
    Its where peters dad comes to live with them and hes a super catholic. Its series one and I think the episode's called "Holy Crap".

Mike
    To the Popemobile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

I love family guy. The jokes are great and so unexpected. One of my favourite quotes is from Stewie in the episode where they get the mansion from Lois' aunt and they move into it.

Stewie:You, cut my milk
    Butler:But sir it's liquid you can't cut it
    Stewie:Imbasile! Freeze it then cut it! You two, fight to the death!

Can I join?

ReputationRep:
    Stewie: They say life is like a box of chocolates. Your life however, mother, is like a box of live grenades! Return my mind control device or be destroyed.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for joining me up Dhesi.

ReputationRep:
    Not a problem, gimmi a tick and ill add you to the members list

ReputationRep:
    Ok first off im a big fan of the show, wouldnt mind joing the society if possible. Have been watching and owning family guy on dvd for about 3 years now. I pre orderd season 4 (left it till thursday night stupid of me i know and amazon didnt bother delievering it today! so better be here tommorow since it was dispacted on saturday)

The thing i want to know is, with season 4 how many episodes does the dvd have on it? a review on amazon says 20 but on the play website it says 13, i hear the american version has 12 episodes, so can someone tell me how many it has.

Also there must be some people who have got the dvd now, whats it like? dont tell me anything specific about episodes as i want to see them all for the first time but im guessing its geat.

ReputationRep:
    I love family guy, add me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superman)
    The thing i want to know is, with season 4 how many episodes does the dvd have on it? a review on amazon says 20 but on the play website it says 13, i hear the american version has 12 episodes, so can someone tell me how many it has.

Also there must be some people who have got the dvd now, whats it like? dont tell me anything specific about episodes as i want to see them all for the first time but im guessing its geat.
    It has 13 episodes and is spread over 3 discs. The DVD itself is a lot better, loads of special fectures which makes a change, even the movie didn't have that many. The other good thing is that you can play all the episodes as apposed to going through two menus to play one episode. Also it jumps straight to the menu when you put the disc in, you don't have to sit through the music.
    The episodes are great, Adam West gets the best jokes and they've even got James Woods in for a few episodes. The only thing I'm a bit dissappointed about is Stewie isn't in an awful lot of the episodes but never mind.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks i got my dvd delievered today but i cant watch a lot of it because i have two coursework deadlines for friday so roll on the bank holiday weekend for family guy marathon!

ReputationRep:
    Right guys your all added. Superman can u sign up on the societies page so i can add you on that.

Cheers,

Mike

ReputationRep:
    So what's everyone's favourite episode?

ReputationRep:
    defintely the one where everyone is doing toad, ive seen it about 50 times and still wet myself laughing. I love the bit where Peter says "Itried drugs once it all got too real" and it pans to a clip of a real foam Peter on a park bench inspecting his hands, class !

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.