Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    And you live in Cyprus?? wow that must be exciting? Have you always lived there or just recently? You did say Greek was not your first language I believe... What other subjects do you do? And what history modulesdo you do? Here they said we have to do half the course British history and then my school just does Russia the other half.. The British history we do can be so dull though.. its like early 1800s... The Russian part is fab though very interesting..

Yeah I met a girl at the visit day who had flown over from Ireland for the day I was like wow thats a long journey for one day! She actually lived not far from where all my family live (my mother is from Ireland) so that was quite cool

ReputationRep:
    http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/under...story/V146.htm

Thats a link to the history page! So it has some details there!

So have you never actually been to LSE?

http://www.lsesu.com/main

Thats another page I have just been looking at, its for the LSE Student Union. Its got some useful info on it, I have just been looking at the societies (there is a good history one )

ReputationRep:
    http://www.lselawsoc.com/

I just found the home page of the Law society at LSE.. Cool page

And did any of you guys see this:

http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/stu...tshadowing.htm

apparantly we could have shadowed a Law student for the day... That would have been great.. I thnk its probably too late for that now though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaB71187)
    Hey I applied to Newnham as well!! So we did have identical choices then!
    I might have seen you there eh?! Now Im thinking you might be the girl I talked to there.. the one I was just talking anout... except I saw her again at the Kings Visit day and she said she was going there but you said you didnt get in right? So it cant be you :confused:
    haha omg!! :eek: what a coincidence! I just spoke to one girl at newnham and she was doing languages so it wasnt me you spoke to, otherwise i would be spooked out!!
    no i didnt go to the kings visit day, i went to last years open day in the summer and was walking with some guys from yugoslavia.. last group to tour :rolleyes:

Ha ha I could not have put it better myself.. At the minute I do British History (which I could live without :p: lol but I also do Russian history which i really love) This is so weird we are like mirror images of eachother... whenever you say something I think it could so easily be me saying it
    I do british history too!! omg this is exceptionally freaky!! right now im doing: Voting, Chartism and Enlightened Despotism (well ive finished ED in jan and sat it then). Please tell me you do one of those!! (with edexcel btw)..
    That would just be soooo wierd!

ReputationRep:
    And you live in Cyprus?? wow that must be exciting? Have you always lived there or just recently? You did say Greek was not your first language I believe... What other subjects do you do? And what history modulesdo you do? Here they said we have to do half the course British history and then my school just does Russia the other half.. The British history we do can be so dull though.. its like early 1800s... The Russian part is fab though very interesting..

Yeah I met a girl at the visit day who had flown over from Ireland for the day I was like wow thats a long journey for one day! She actually lived not far from where all my family live (my mother is from Ireland) so that was quite cool
    Ive lived in Cyprus ever since i was 6yrs old because of my dad's job. He's cypriot and my mums english. we always visit england every summer and christmas to see relatives etc so im pretty close to the uk. Of course i speak greek but its not my first language. People here take the piss out of my accent so i dont speak it much.. my greek relatives are v critical about things Its sort of exciting here, but theres not much to do, the greek-cypriots arent particularly culture orientated although they do try!

I take English Lit, Maths and History (finished greek last year). you?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/under...story/V146.htm

Thats a link to the history page! So it has some details there!

So have you never actually been to LSE?

http://www.lsesu.com/main

Thats another page I have just been looking at, its for the LSE Student Union. Its got some useful info on it, I have just been looking at the societies (there is a good history one )
    No i havent been to LSE because i never thought id end up going there. i guess i always assumed id go to kings instead.. stupid me! i visited the law site thanks, very interesting!!! but not the history.. i wish i applied for both history and law.. another stupid mistake! oh well ill just have to see how it goes! x

Hey everyone.

Reading Law at LSE this September.

I received a conditional offer of AAA, which I had to achieve for the January examinations (I'm a January intake meaning I start in Jan '04, end in Dec '05 and do my final set of A Level exams in Jan '06 - so yes, I'm done with the A Level course).

Accommodation - Bankside House.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexeynechaev)
    LSE is better than King's anyway Good luck in your exams
    Err...i think we do not want the KCL people to be involved in the debate again like the hot shots from UC...:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deathscythe HG)
    Err...i think we do not want the KCL people to be involved in the debate again like the hot shots from UC...:p:
    No we don't:p:, but its still true, haha.

e11even, did you apply for en-suite? if so, have you had any reply?

(Original post by alexeynechaev)
    No we don't:p:, but its still true, haha.

e11even, did you apply for en-suite? if so, have you had any reply?
    Lol. Of course it's true. :p:
    Note to others: Don't flame me please.
    I put LSE down as my firm and KCL as my insurance. Though I have to say it was quite tough having to make a choice between Warwick and KCL as an insurance university. I think I decided on KCL because it's in London and would be more convenient if my family were to visit me. Meh, it doesn't matter now. I'm going to LSE.

I digress. Sorry. Hehe.

Anyway, I replied to your query about Bankside here. (Click on the link. )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandra)
    haha omg!! :eek: what a coincidence! I just spoke to one girl at newnham and she was doing languages so it wasnt me you spoke to, otherwise i would be spooked out!!
    no i didnt go to the kings visit day, i went to last years open day in the summer and was walking with some guys from yugoslavia.. last group to tour :rolleyes:

I do british history too!! omg this is exceptionally freaky!! right now im doing: Voting, Chartism and Enlightened Despotism (well ive finished ED in jan and sat it then). Please tell me you do one of those!! (with edexcel btw)..
    That would just be soooo wierd!

I was at Newnham on Monday 5th.. I figure they must have done it alphabetically or something.. I did like Newnham but the interviewers were really quite impolite I thought, they didnt really make any attempt to make me feel comfortable, especially the first one.

Err I do chartism and we look at the reform acts which extended the votes etc but apart from that we do Peel, Disraeli, Gladstone and their aims policies etc

ReputationRep:
    No i havent been to LSE because i never thought id end up going there. i guess i always assumed id go to kings instead.. stupid me! i visited the law site thanks, very interesting!!! but not the history.. i wish i applied for both history and law.. another stupid mistake! oh well ill just have to see how it goes! x

CHECK THE HISTORY SITE! :p:

It shows what modules you can do! And if we can do a few history modules it will be like doing history and law.. I dont think there is actually a set joint history and law course

ReputationRep:
    And the great thing alexandra is that as well as LSE being ranked like top 5 in average in the country for Law - 3rd accoridng to the Guardian and 6th according to the Times I think it was, it also ranks great for History - The Times put it 3rd in the country and the Guardian put it 4th - they agree on something for once! So great news for us eh?

ReputationRep:
    I was at Newnham on Monday 5th.. I figure they must have done it alphabetically or something.. I did like Newnham but the interviewers were really quite impolite I thought, they didnt really make any attempt to make me feel comfortable, especially the first one.

Err I do chartism and we look at the reform acts which extended the votes etc but apart from that we do Peel, Disraeli, Gladstone and their aims policies etc
    I went on the 5th as well. I hated both interviewers; they seemed quite stuck up especially my second one (personal interviewer, eventhough there werent ANY personal questions asked whatsoever, unless you count 'why law' as a personal question). Didnt like the sheepdogs or whatever they call them (the girls supposedly there to help us). I couldnt understand a word they were saying, only one was actually helpful and smiley.. Nah im glad i didnt get in!

I did check out the history website but it doesnt say if we can use those history modules in law.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    And the great thing alexandra is that as well as LSE being ranked like top 5 in average in the country for Law - 3rd accoridng to the Guardian and 6th according to the Times I think it was, it also ranks great for History - The Times put it 3rd in the country and the Guardian put it 4th - they agree on something for once! So great news for us eh?
    hehe thats great news! i knew it was one of the top, i just didnt know how up the top it was lol

ReputationRep:
    I went on the 5th as well. I hated both interviewers; they seemed quite stuck up especially my second one (personal interviewer, eventhough there werent ANY personal questions asked whatsoever, unless you count 'why law' as a personal question). Didnt like the sheepdogs or whatever they call them (the girls supposedly there to help us). I couldnt understand a word they were saying, only one was actually helpful and smiley.. Nah im glad i didnt get in!

I did check out the history website but it doesnt say if we can use those history modules in law.. :rolleyes:

Ha ha same again, expect mine were the other way round - I had the "personal" one and then the one with the passage you had to read. The woman doing the first one was really rude to me. And yeah I didnt get any personal questions at all. The sheepdogs were in general OK I think though.

When you check the law course page, under optional modules it says:

An outside option (one of over 100 courses in other subjects)

It also says:

Intercollegiate Law option (an LLB course taught at another college of the University of London)

So we could techincally go to UCL or Kings - you said you really liked Kings, I really do too - for a couple of modeules

http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/under...s/Law/M100.htm check yourself if you want

ReputationRep:
    KCL4LIFE!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baadshah)
    KCL4LIFE!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    GET A LIFE

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

ReputationRep:
    GET A LIFE

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
    The only thing I can add to this is GRRRRRRRR!

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha same again, expect mine were the other way round - I had the "personal" one and then the one with the passage you had to read. The woman doing the first one was really rude to me. And yeah I didnt get any personal questions at all. The sheepdogs were in general OK I think though.

When you check the law course page, under optional modules it says:

An outside option (one of over 100 courses in other subjects)

It also says:

Intercollegiate Law option (an LLB course taught at another college of the University of London)

So we could techincally go to UCL or Kings - you said you really liked Kings, I really do too - for a couple of modeules

http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/under...s/Law/M100.htm check yourself if you want

Ahhhh i got it!! As in i found the part where we can take other options! History DEFINATELY! hmm.. the intercollegiate option is interesting.. i dont know id have to see about that one :rolleyes: thanks for the info dudette xxx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2008
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.