The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
how about the good old turf? can't go wrong. i'll drag f. poste along too, (she used to use tsr) she's my college mom :biggrin:
Reply 61
Nah you have to send them a new one... if mine had been my interview pic I'd have been a lot happier!
Bekaboo
Nah you have to send them a new one... if mine had been my interview pic I'd have been a lot happier!

thank god for that :rolleyes:

oh no :frown: does this mean you was one of the unlucky ones in the sheepshagger?
Reply 63
Nah I escaped the freshers week edition although I've been in the 2 episodes since and they're brutal as ever
That said one of my friends is still known as peanut after the 'shagger morphed her photo to make it look like her head was shaped like a peanut (they did a so and so looks like so and so type thing - one of my other friends was compared to a crack whore....)
im getting worried about the sheepshagger...sounds harsh! what happened to the "nicest college" thing? :p:
Reply 65
Rose - please drag F.Poste along - i couldn't make her birthday, sob.

F1 fanatic

I'm with you Rose 64... we can be old codgers in the corner together don't worry :wink:. In fact there's plenty of us more "mature" Oxford TSRers. Oh and yes its scary, but we'll still have the 4th years and medical students to make us feel young :biggrin:

oh yes, i'll be around forever... :biggrin:

actually - is that a good thing? :vroam:
Athena
Ask Popa Dom about his interviewer and the velvet jacket incident.

POPA DOM...what happened?
Reply 67
chocolatecheese
im getting worried about the sheepshagger...sounds harsh! what happened to the "nicest college" thing? :p:

Mostly it's taken in fun but you have got to be prepared to suck it up
I mean some of it's quite funny in it's way - a mate and i were accused of having sex in the bath during freshers week. It stems from the fact that he was the incredible hulk for fancy dress and i was helping him get the green face paint off... well off his entire upper body basically and the next day we turned up to college matric with him with green ears and me with green hands so we kind got caught out :p:

On the other hand they have a running joke about how fat I am, and they're really truly BRUTAL about some people - but it's sort of a right of passage
Reply 68
do you have a welfare reporting system bekaboo? :eek:

for ours - if there's anything you don't want published you can email the welfare reps & it'll be pulled from the gossip rag.
which seems fair enough to me* - some things aren't fair game to publicise & poke fun for the people involved.

*although my entries have all been fairly benign in association with the men in my life :love:
Reply 69
Hehe if I'd been doing anything then I probably would but there's not a lot I can do about things like

"Despite buying [Bekaboo] some XXL panties for Xmas te chump has managed only to pull gay cowboy [Bekaboo's best mate]"

and my "well-earned place" on the college pint chart at 20 - yes that's the top of the entire college

Technically I could "opt out" but that just mean your name gets scrubbed through in black marker so it's fairly obvious to anyone who has an idea what's going on and it's literally social suicide
Reply 70
oww that's mean bekaboo! the deans read our bogsheet before it gets printed, so they can't be too harsh!
Reply 71
Do all colleges have a gossip paper?!
oxymoron
Except you'll already by a 4th year by then!

I will? Ouch! :eek:

I think I'll have my mid-uni crisis this year... less pressure. Speak for yourself with the exams though! :eviltongu

Edit: Naturally Elles. I'll always look up to you... but you're still young really :wink:
Bekaboo
Mostly it's taken in fun but you have got to be prepared to suck it up
I mean some of it's quite funny in it's way - a mate and i were accused of having sex in the bath during freshers week. It stems from the fact that he was the incredible hulk for fancy dress and i was helping him get the green face paint off... well off his entire upper body basically and the next day we turned up to college matric with him with green ears and me with green hands so we kind got caught out :p:

On the other hand they have a running joke about how fat I am, and they're really truly BRUTAL about some people - but it's sort of a right of passage

hehe the hulk thing is funny, i could take that...but some of the other stuff does sound quite harsh....guess i have all this to look forward to :p:
Reply 74
does hertford have anything similar? bring on the humiliation!!
hmmm they probably do....but maybe not as brutal as Jesus :p:
jamesjay
does hertford have anything similar? bring on the humiliation!!

I heard a rumour once about having to run across the bridge of sighs wearing next to nothing... but it may just have been a rumour, I don't know
omg!!! that would be funny to see! is this their right of passage thing? :p:
jamesjay...you have this to look forward too! hehe!
chocolatecheese
omg!!! that would be funny to see! is this their right of passage thing? :p:
jamesjay...you have this to look forward too! hehe!

Yes... a fresher at hertford told me that at Park End, not the most reliable source it must be said. I've no idea if its true.
Reply 79
Well if you're keen to be seen in public in your underwear then you all know the rules about losing at pool - there are some extra Oxford rules like being 6-balled with a ginger in the room suffers the same punishment as 7-balling. Also I believe it may be Balliol have a rule that losing to a girl also counts as a 7 ball

Latest