Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Maybe this is just a Belfast thing but here if your piercings on the right rather than the left i.e. with helix/tragus, it's seen as a sign of homosexuality. I know that sounds so ridiculous but that's what everbody says. I think it's quite an old thing though not really our generation who say that. When I got my helix done I know my granny wanted to make sure I didn't get it done 'the gay way'
    That's utterly ridiculous.

I have both lobes done twice, but usually only wear one set of earrings, and my right helix. I would like another helix underneath the one I have, my left tragus and a nose stud but I don't want to end up with a face full of holes.

ReputationRep:
    i have my ears and my tongue done (which i got on saturday), its still quite sore and verrrry swollen but im sure it will look brilliant soon
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm thinking of getting my lobes pierced, but more in the position of where the 2nd holes usually go (like the black one here). I don't have my "normal" lobes done, so do you think it would just look like it was pierced badly?

Also, do you think it would be possible to have a daith and a tragus? I'm thinking yes, but mine do seem kinda close together...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Also, do you think it would be possible to have a daith and a tragus? I'm thinking yes, but mine do seem kinda close together...
    Yep daith and tragus combo is perfectly possible...but it does depend on the anatomy of your ear as everyone's is different. I'd easily be able to fit a daith and tragus onto my ears, but some of my friends have tiny ones.

It will also depend on your piercer, so why not head to a piercing place and ask their advice. It's impossible to tell without seeing your ear!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by rosetinted)
    Yep daith and tragus combo is perfectly possible...but it does depend on the anatomy of your ear as everyone's is different. I'd easily be able to fit a daith and tragus onto my ears, but some of my friends have tiny ones.

It will also depend on your piercer, so why not head to a piercing place and ask their advice. It's impossible to tell without seeing your ear!
    I've got a helix that's sorta in a diagonal line from where a tragus and a diath would be, so I might look a bit crowded!

I currently haven't got a piercer as there's no one I trust here, and anyway they're not open at midnight!

ReputationRep:
    I have both lobes and my right nipple pierced. I'm kinda thinking of getting my tragus done but I'm worried it'll hurt. Does anyone know which is worse, tragus or nipple?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by j_991)
    I have both lobes and my right nipple pierced. I'm kinda thinking of getting my tragus done but I'm worried it'll hurt. Does anyone know which is worse, tragus or nipple?
    I'd say nipple, but I haven't got my tragus done yet! But I really don't see how anything could hurt more.

ReputationRep:
    4x lobe
    1x cartilige
    1x navel
    (my favourite) 1 x tounge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j_991)
    Tragus definitely hurt less than nipple did. Don't worry about it at all. It is very fiddly to put jewelery into though so it might take a bit of fiddling. IMO it's one of the most attractive piercings and well worth the minimal pain.

I'm currently on the prowl for a triangle piercing. Now that will probably hurt! My VCH was pretty ouchful.

ReputationRep:
    The VCH? Well pain is subjective. On a scale of one to ten piercings might come in around the 3 region. The pain is incredibly short lived and definitely worth it because you get to keep a cute bit of jewellery wherever you got poked with the needle! I'm getting another genital piercing, when I can find someone experienced enough to do it. If the first one was mega bad I'd not be getting a second. I think the worst bit was the poking around with cold clamps!

ReputationRep:
    I've just got a left ear lobe piercing...still debating whether to get the other done...:rolleyes:

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IzzyWizzy)
    That's utterly ridiculous.

I have both lobes done twice, but usually only wear one set of earrings, and my right helix. I would like another helix underneath the one I have, my left tragus and a nose stud but I don't want to end up with a face full of holes.
    Its not actually, just piercing the right ear has always been known as a sign of homosexuality, and not just in Belfast. Its even on The Simpsons where Marge is dreaming about being on a boat and says 'does that earring mean you are a pirate?' and the guy says 'kinda...'

Anyway I was thinking about doin me left ear lobe. I'm interested though, what do people think about lads having those little diamond stud things? I wouldn't have them personally but wonder what others think of them?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    was it really that painful?

I've obviously jsut been hypnotised by my piercer.

I honestly did not feel it. it was so weird.
    :ditto:

Well, the stuff they used to clean it stung lots, but then the actual piercing didn't hurt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickb123)
    Its not actually, just piercing the right ear has always been known as a sign of homosexuality, and not just in Belfast. Its even on The Simpsons where Marge is dreaming about being on a boat and says 'does that earring mean you are a pirate?' and the guy says 'kinda...'

Anyway I was thinking about doin me left ear lobe. I'm interested though, what do people think about lads having those little diamond stud things? I wouldn't have them personally but wonder what others think of them?
    Diamond studs look disgusting on guys. Not fond of them on girls, either. Haha.
    I only like ear piercing on guys if they wear a CBR or a plug...
    And the right ear = homosexuality or whatever...I doubt anyone seriously thinks that now. And if they do, they deserve a punch in the face for being closeminded and pathetic. That's just sad =/

ReputationRep:
    How much does it hurt to get your belly piercing done? I want to get it done but am very scared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxSimixXx)
    How much does it hurt to get your belly piercing done? I want to get it done but am very scared
    Well, everyone finds it different, you can't really tell someone how much pain they will feel..
    I didn't think it was that bad. Hurt a lot more when my cat jumped on it a couple of hours later :P
    If a couple of seconds of pain will put you off you probably don't want it that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxSimixXx)
    the worst pain i felt during my piercing was the 20 mins i had to sit with a pack of ice on it to numb it.. that hurt!

ReputationRep:
    What piercings do you have Juno? Just out of interest cos you've mentioned several cool ones...
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by rosetinted)
    What piercings do you have Juno? Just out of interest cos you've mentioned several cool ones...
    WEll, currently it's VCH, triangle, helix, nipple, and 2 lobes but positioned more like 2nd lobes!

But previously I've had my navel (done twice coz rejected both times :bawling: ), and 3 surface piercings on my lower back (am getting redone as soon as I can get to Cold Steel!)

ReputationRep:
    I have only eight:
    6mm lobes
    2mm next to them
    Tragus
    x2 inner conch
    tongue web

Tis all

Used to have both my nipples pierced, but am waiting till summer/winter to get them done again

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.