Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    did any of you request a porfolio feedback sheet from eca? i got told on the FYS day that they'd be available from late may, but they don't seem keen on sending me mine back
    first, my sister sent a letter asking them to send back feedback for both of us, but only hers got sent back. i then sent another letter asking for mine, and they sent hers back again. I phoned numerous times, only to be told rather rudely that 'they were on holiday and i would have to ring back tomorow!'.
    I emailed Jane Thomson to explain and she said she'd send me my feedback in the post that day. Its been 2 weeks now and despite emailing her back to say I still havent received it, I still havent heard anything!
    Perhaps they dont like me for declining my place, but is anyone in the same position? I thought it was quite strange as Edinburgh had always seemed so organised with sending out letters and info (in comparison to CSM!)

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know we could get them! That's interesting...

ReputationRep:
    well, when I went with my sister for her portfolio assessment day a week after mine, they didnt mention that you could get feedback and told everyone they'd find out if they'd been offered a place within 2 weeks, yet I'd been told to wait 6 weeks at least!

ReputationRep:
    Right, well, I'm gonna be doing First Year Studies at ECA this year. I'm at Sciennes 13, flat 4 room 3. If I'm right that means I have a flatmate who's going to Edinburgh University. Does that mean they'll have moved in a lot earlier than me? I move on the 22nd but I think the Edinburgh Uni start date is about a week earlier. I'd hate to be the last person to move in, say my roommates were all at the Uni instead of the Art school! They'd already all know each other argh!

Anyone know what date the Edinburgh Uni freshers is?

ReputationRep:
    I think they start this weekend, could be wrong though.

Even if they do get there early, don't worry too much, you're together for a year, and they'll be aware that there's more people on the way so it won't be a big surprise that they have to get to know a new person. I wouldn't worry!

ReputationRep:
    can anyone shed some light on the phone interview at ECA/University of Edinburgh? I am expecting mine within the next week or so for MPhil in Fine Arts.

Thank you!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.