Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrissy909)
    agreed. I don't see the point really...it would feel impersonal/painful and if I feel the need for experimentation, bumming wouldn't be my first port of call + poo horror stories.
    :rofl:

Its really not for me, i think i would cause my bf extreme amounts of pain if he tried it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadre_Of_Storms)
    the problem is the attachment it has to gay sex and the stigma attached that both are wrong which is simply untrue.
    Many men and women like anal sex and theres nothing wrong with it
    too true! Anal sex has always been practised in heterosexual relationships.... it was only with the emergence of the gay culture that society linked anal sex with homosexuality, thus creating a stigma against it. I suppose if you try it, its all part of exploring sex and your body etc, theres nothing wrong with it

Certainly, for gay people, its a good thing cus a mans g-spot is in his ass!

whoever you are, id just say make sure you respect your partners wishes and stay safe :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by judi_lover)
    too true! Anal sex has always been practised in heterosexual relationships.... it was only with the emergence of the gay culture that society linked anal sex with homosexuality, thus creating a stigma against it.
    What a load of *******s. I think you need to read up a bit on history kiddo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Actually quite true. Anal sex between a man and a woman did exist in ancient Egypt, along with oral sex, as had been depicted in drawings. It was one of the things that prostitutes did and wives didn't, as wives were for procreation and prostitutes purely for a man's pleasure. Again in Rome all sorts of sordid things happened, of which anal sex is generally thought of to be part.

It has always carried a stigma, in that this was not the sort of sex to have between husband and wife, but while experimenting and when visiting prostitutes. However that stigma wasn't down to it being seen as gay until at least Victorian times.

(Original post by Drogue)
    Actually quite true. Anal sex between a man and a woman did exist in ancient Egypt, along with oral sex, as had been depicted in drawings. It was one of the things that prostitutes did and wives didn't, as wives were for procreation and prostitutes purely for a man's pleasure. Again in Rome all sorts of sordid things happened, of which anal sex is generally thought of to be part.

It has always carried a stigma, in that this was not the sort of sex to have between husband and wife, but while experimenting and when visiting prostitutes. However that stigma wasn't down to it being seen as gay until at least Victorian times.

It was regarding this comment that I expressed my disagreement:
    it was only with the emergence of the gay culture that society linked anal sex with homosexuality, thus creating a stigma against it.
    In history, anal sex in Western culture has been mostly associated with homosexuality. THe only difference is that in the Roman and Greek Empires, homosexuality was quite mainstream and was just a different form of love that a lot of men engaged in. It was even considered that the love between men was a lot stronger and love between man and woman was purely from reproduction reasons.

But to say that the stigma associated with anal sex just comes from the emergence of modern gay culture is pure ignorance about history.

Sodomy has always had a stigma associated to it, especially in Western, Christian culture. You only have to read the bible to find that out and for those of you, who like to reinvent history so you can talk *******s, the bible came out before the 70s :rolleyes:

In many cults and religions, sodomy was used as a degradation act on a man or a woman for centuries.

To just depict it as something that was seen as something perfectly normal and clean until gay culture emergence is just showing complete ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drogue)

It was regarding this comment that I expressed my disagreement:
    it was only with the emergence of the gay culture that society linked anal sex with homosexuality, thus creating a stigma against it.
    In history, anal sex in Western culture has been mostly associated with homosexuality. THe only difference is that in the Roman and Greek Empires, homosexuality was quite mainstream and was just a different form of love that a lot of men engaged in. It was even considered that the love between men was a lot stronger and love between man and woman was purely from reproduction reasons.

But to say that the stigma associated with anal sex just comes from the emergence of modern gay culture is pure ignorance about history.

Sodomy has always had a stigma associated to it, especially in Western, Christian culture. You only have to read the bible to find that out and for those of you, who like to reinvent history so you can talk *******s, the bible came out before the 70s :rolleyes:

In many cults and religions, sodomy was used as a degradation act on a man or a woman for centuries.

To just depict it as something that was seen as something perfectly normal and clean until gay culture emergence is just showing complete ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Well there is evidence that Romans, Greeks did it way back, and that it was common in Turkey in the 19th century, and Bryon got in trouble for doing it to his English wife at a time when it was illegal in UK. Things like sheep shagging and sodomy are only illegal if some people actually do them, I think its a pretty fair bet to say that its been going on more or less constistently on the fringes of most societies and cultures throughout history. Sticking pieces of ginger into a girls bottom used to be a victorian punishment that accompanied a good spanking by the way, it burns like hell and some kinky people do it today.

I am talking about anal sex with women here, of course anal sex between men has always been around! Which is why sam is right that it has always had gay associations, but that doesnt mean that people in the past viewed having anal sex with a woman as being gay, I doubt they did, that part of the exclusively gay nature of anal sex to some people may be modern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pendragon)
    Well there is evidence that Romans, Greeks did it way back, and that it was common in Turkey in the 19th century, and Bryon got in trouble for doing it to his English wife at a time when it was illegal in UK. Things like sheep shagging and sodomy are only illegal if some people actually do them, I think its a pretty fair bet to say that its been going on more or less constistently on the fringes of most societies and cultures throughout history. Sticking pieces of ginger into a girls bottom used to be a victorian punishment that accompanied a good spanking by the way, it burns like hell and some kinky people do it today.

I am talking about anal sex with women here, of course anal sex between men has always been around!
    All of a sudden, I feel strangely self-conscious.

ReputationRep:
    personally it seems guys are more into/up for anal than girls but hey there have gotta be some that like it

ReputationRep:
    buggery act of 1533 lol

(not to be confused with sod's law)

ReputationRep:
    Lmao

ReputationRep:
    I don't even want to try it, in my opinion, things shouldn't go up that area. Not saying its wrong, just not for me!

M friend told me she did it, and it hurt so much she couldn't carry on

does anal sex distort your ass? i.e leaves it enlarged.....is vaseline a suitable lube?

ReputationRep:
    I'd be up for it - gotta see what all the fuss is about hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    does anal sex distort your ass? i.e leaves it enlarged.....is vaseline a suitable lube?
    No, again this is a myth.

If you are going to try it, splash out on something a bit more fancy than vaseline. PLEASE, anything but vaseline. Just go to boots or something, they sell a few types.

whats wrong with vaseline?

ReputationRep:
    For a start its note safe to use with condoms. Its also harder to wash away.
    Buy a proper lubricant, it'll be more enjoyable.

is it just me, or does it feel like you need to take a dump, when u put a finger up ur *ss....is that feeling due to all the nerves?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Actually it can leave your ass enlarged. Seriously. I have gay friends who like to tell me things like that and show me

Vaseline isn't really a suitable lube.

ReputationRep:
    It is utterly disgusting.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.