Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I pull all nighters all the time, but then my sleep patterns are so irregular I may as well be nocturnal sometimes lol.

At the height of my insomnia and anxiety problems, the longest I stayed awake for was over three days with no sleep, I think all in all it was nearly 80 hours. I eventually collapsed due to exhaustion and then slept for a full 22 hours, and I was fine. Towards the last few hours before collapsing, it was not pleasant at all, I started getting paranoid and shaky and mildly unbalanced. Felt great once I'd slept though .

It's strange when I do all nighters, I can work through the night, and provided I have a flask of coffee and I'm well fed I can manage the rest of the school day fine, then I take a nap when I get in, and then sleep the night, and then my patterns just seem to go back to normal. Weird.

ReputationRep:
    bout a day, I need my sleep! AFter bout 20 hours my brain turns o dust, and I jsut burble - literally! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    18hrs

ReputationRep:
    I think I've done 42 hours...that was at Reading festival, so obviously lack of sleep there is pretty much a given

ReputationRep:
    *works it out*

Ok, it was a school day, so I would have woken up around 7am. I then stayed up all night, went to school the next day, then stayed up until around 2am the next day... so over 40 hours. I was cracking a cipher. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I pulled a 40 hour day once, just to see if I could. It's not fun...it's like being in a dream that you have no control over (and yes, I was certain I wasn't dreaming :P )

ReputationRep:
    more than 96... if i have a deadline and a LOT of diet coke!

ReputationRep:
    I have done about 3 1/2 days in the military on excercise without sleeping which wasn't pleasant but remeber.......You can sleep when your dead!

ReputationRep:
    72 hours ish.
    Just doing alot of thinking

ReputationRep:
    I can't go with less than 3 hours of sleep.

ReputationRep:
    65 hours, i think was the longest

ReputationRep:
    Ive done 72 flat before. After the first day I felt like crap though, but then I got used to it.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't sleep last night. I regularly do this. I've gone for 3 or 4 days before, but as an unwanted chemical side effect.

ReputationRep:
    As an insomniac... Recently I stayed awake for three days staright almost...

I think it was something like 59 hours...

For the past four days I have had only 6 hours sleep... :eek:

I feel like I don't exist, all floaty and empty... It's kinda cool.

ReputationRep:
    I've never stayed up all night to do work. The longest I've been without sleep is probably about 30 hours, and all those times have been at parties, by the time I get home I usually collapse in bed and sleep for a few hours then I'm ok again. I am so grouchy without sleep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -x-buttercup-x-)
    I've never stayed up all night to do work. The longest I've been without sleep is probably about 30 hours, and all those times have been at parties, by the time I get home I usually collapse in bed and sleep for a few hours then I'm ok again. I am so grouchy without sleep
    With enough sleep loss you get mood swings. Honestly, your attitude can turn on a dime.

The Swan - Yes/No - I don't care which... Please don't tease me... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    23 hours

ReputationRep:
    The most i've managed to stay awake is about 22hrs. I've tried to stay awake for 24hrs before; got up at 7am, had uni until 5pm, when to Asda for about 2hrs, went out til 2am, guy walked me home and came in and we talked until about 5am, when I kept telling him I was trying to stay awake for 24hrs, just ended up falling asleep and being woken up to be told to not be silly and go to bed, haha!

ReputationRep:
    36 hours i think, a night and the next day..... to be honest tho you normally have 10 minutes kip at some point it depends how strict you want to be.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tux01989)
    Relatively low compared to others
    Don't be tautological

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.