Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oh god how can i put this without seeming like a racist again...
    ok how about this:

is the person you're referring to well known in the UK or are they more popular abroad?

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha...you guys are such bullies :p: . Leave the poor guy along theres no need to mock him. Its all good fun :cool:

ReputationRep:
    PEACE IN THE WORLD... ... ... :rofl: :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Caretaker)
    oh god how can i put this without seeming like a racist again...
    ok how about this:

is the person you're referring to well known in the UK or are they more popular abroad?
    Do the lyrics "I can be your hero baby, I can kiss away the pain. I will stand by you forever, you can take my breath away" give you a clue :P

Anyhow I can't see the resemblance myself but Marie and a number of other people seem to think so!

ReputationRep:
    ahh! nah you don't look like him. you've got better teeth (hope im not sounding like some strange tooth fetishist!) and no moles! (another clue there for ppl who don't have access to google)

ReputationRep:
    haha, i can just about see that!

ReputationRep:
    get a beenie.

ReputationRep:
    ahh! nah you don't look like him. you've got better teeth (hope im not sounding like some strange tooth fetishist!) and no moles! (another clue there for ppl who don't have access to google)
    Lol, didn't take long to figure it out did it?

Anyhow I think I'll pass up the beanie idea since I don't really want to have anything to do with him haha!

Would anyone else mind posting up their photo so we can move on :p:

ReputationRep:
    physics at imperial 06

ReputationRep:
    Why are you all saying it as if you're really in? I presume most of you have conditional offers?

ReputationRep:
    Haha i agree :P. Some people are just a bit too confident heh.:p:

ReputationRep:
    well most people will get in!!!

ReputationRep:
    It's better to know you still have to work to get in. When u get the grades and realize its not good enough, more or less likely you will be very upset depending on how important the uni is to you.

ReputationRep:
    i hope to go to imperial (2006) for maths with management.
    in the first picture, i am 2nd from left.
    the pictures are quite old, but i still look the same!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Whoa, what's with all the hostility! Just chill. I meant Marie 5 could be a racist as much as a somebody could be a hypocrite. Re-reading what I wrote I can see where you're coming from but its honestly not what I meant at all. And admittedly there are substantially less "non-white" racists, you gotta face facts there. I know, I know you can argue whether those ppl who come into the UK and don't make an effort to intergrate are racist or not till kingdom come but please let's not go there.

I think what we should do is just relax and listen to Katie Melua's Spider's Web. It really makes you realise how pedantic bickering like this is.

PS: yes you can call me a hypocrite for bickering like this myself despite calling it pedantic and that links back to what i said before and that makes me a racist??? Ouch! isn't your head starting to hurt now? This is getting as complicated as a spider's web!
    Wtf are you on about?

Marie05, I was joking when I made that comment, hence the 'lol' at the beginning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rwmu)
    It's better to know you still have to work to get in.
    What?:eek: No its not. I'd rather have an unconditional offer over a conditional any day.

You have got some weird logic

ReputationRep:
    its quite easy to misunderstand ppl on forums, we don't get to hear the tone of your voice so what you intended could be very different from what others see it as. and as ppl dont tend to joke about something like racism it was taken seriously. thats all, but all is forgiven now!

ReputationRep:
    No, I meant it in an ambiguous way. I perceived it as racist, but I also saw it as a kind of a joke. But it's okay now after the clarification.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha...cant believe u guys are still on about this. As they say lets kick racism outta football, lets kick racism outta imperial if i can get in. Heh

Anyway by my post i was refering to people with a conditional offer, which means they do have to work to some extent even if they top the class in school.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!.. glad to see you guys all look nice and sain!
    im doing biochemistry 2006
    see you there

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/lithermit/Me.jpg

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.