Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hehe oh don't get me wrong I know some perfectly lovely physisists - it's just I also know some who really fit the sterotype!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Hehe oh don't get me wrong I know some perfectly lovely physisists - it's just I also know some who really fit the sterotype!
    Sadly I think I fit the latter... at least as far as being approachable goes . Not super-intelligent though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    :rofl: thanks for the support :p:... appreciated :hugs:

Chocolatecheese --> you can be academically bright and still do and say some ridiculously daft and stupid things.
    i'll fit right in then :p:

ReputationRep:
    the poster of the above post is too cool for school!!

See all you legends in 07!!! WE CAN DO IT!! :tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    I was pretty good at being calm all the time, telling myslef that I will make my offer...

...but tomorrow is the exam, if I mess up the offer is gone...surely going crazy tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desemejante)
    I was pretty good at being calm all the time, telling myslef that I will make my offer...

...but tomorrow is the exam, if I mess up the offer is gone...surely going crazy tonight
    I wouldn't worry about it

Just do your best. You did get the offer for a reason after all!

ReputationRep:

good luck!!!!! you will be fine!!!
    i have my fingers crossed for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesjay)
    the poster of the above post is too cool for school!!

See all you legends in 07!!! WE CAN DO IT!! :tsr2:

:tsr2: wooo! bring on the tsr reunion!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatecheese)
    :tsr2: wooo! bring on the tsr reunion!!! :p:
    reunion? you've met before?

ReputationRep:
    It was ****ing horrible when I found out I'd missed my offer. I was in Corfu, and there wasn't much I could do about it. Decided to phone UCL & plead (because I missed 2 As by pretty narrow margins) & was told by surprised phone-woman that I'd got into Oxford, so why was I phoning UCL... The relief I felt. Good job my tutors were open-minded enough not to see my merit as restricted to a sequence of letters -- they'd actually met me, read my essays, personal statement. That's what matters. Now I get fantastic reports & all swims goingly.

ReputationRep:

I know exactly how you feel... I felt so sick before my chemistry paper - I wrote the worst maths exam of my life because I knew I only needed 10% on that paper to get my A so I just did twice as much Chemistry revision and 0 for maths - I regretted it later as I made the Chemistry A by a 30UMS margin and got my only ever B in maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    reunion? you've met before?
    sowi, wrong choice of words

(go stands in the corner with dunce hat on)

ReputationRep:
    Here's to us all meeting our offers! :beer:

When do people go on study leave??

And when are people's first exams??

ReputationRep:
    sowi, wrong choice of words

(go stands in the corner with dunce hat on)
    Don't be daft :p:

I'll see you in October

ReputationRep:
    Che! my first exam was general studies but pulled out of it, so my first one is on monday 19th June (2 history exams, agggghhhh!!!! ) then my last ones are a week later on monday 26 (2 chemistry)....

when are your first?

we aren't getting study leave at my school! (grrr thanks to all the numpties at my school) but im gona take it off anyway cuz theres not much school can do now anyway. When are you having study leave?

see you in october F1 fanatic! and all you other TSR's if we get the grades!
    :tsr2:

ReputationRep:
    Che! my first exam was general studies but pulled out of it, so my first one is on monday 19th June (2 history exams, agggghhhh!!!! ) then my last ones are a week later on monday 26 (2 chemistry)....

when are your first?

we aren't getting study leave at my school! (grrr thanks to all the numpties at my school) but im gona take it off anyway cuz theres not much school can do now anyway. When are you having study leave?

see you in october F1 fanatic! and all you other TSR's if we get the grades!
    :tsr2:
    Ive got my French oral in two weeks time :eek:

First written exam in on the 12th June (English :eek: scared) ; Last one on the 29th (Gov and Pol). Stupid thing is that Ive got my French written and two other Gov and Pol modules on the same day at exactly the same time (27th)! And they're the same exam board! They must assume that no one who does Gov and Pol does French or something!!! Idiots!!

I go off on study leave on the 19th May - 3 and a half weeks - can't wait: I'm SO fed up of school!!!

ReputationRep:
    I've already started!!! My German Oral Exam was this morning :eek: (didn't go that brilliantly well

I go on exam leave on 19th May like you Che! can't wait but exams won't be finished until 30th June because I was convinced to do AEA critical thinking !!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    MAY 24TH first exam!!! D1 for maths...last exam 26th June Chem. We get study leave a week later than you rachel-linguist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachel-linguist)
    I've already started!!! My German Oral Exam was this morning :eek: (didn't go that brilliantly well

I go on exam leave on 19th May like you Che! can't wait but exams won't be finished until 30th June because I was convinced to do AEA critical thinking !!!
    Hm..unlucky about the German. Did it really go badly or are you just saying that not to tempt fate?! What is UMS so far for German? And for French, are you doing Debate or Interpreting?? And are you doing AEA French?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hmm, my first exam is English, Che, June 12th... are you doing AQA? Then i have four more exams that week, five the next week, and my final English paper and two AEA's taking me up to June 29th. Fun all the way!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.