Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloer)
    Sorry to cut your question v2006, but can anyone recommend me some books to read before I start my Maths course at city? I.e. is there any pre-course reading material for maths?

Cheers
    http://www.city.ac.uk/sems/mathemati.../teaching.html
    http://www.city.ac.uk/sems/mathemati...ear/index.html
    should help... any more questions just ask

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone post up dates of when holidays start and end at City. Im hoping to do a Computer Science degree but I have to travel abroad in early December and I'l be back about late January. I hope that this won't clash with any lectures I have during this period.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stupidiot)
    Can anyone post up dates of when holidays start and end at City. Im hoping to do a Computer Science degree but I have to travel abroad in early December and I'l be back about late January. I hope that this won't clash with any lectures I have during this period.

Thanks

if you are undergrad then you should have exams in jan... i have posted dates a few times too many now... i suggest you read my previous posts...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kishan11)
    if you are undergrad then you should have exams in jan... i have posted dates a few times too many now... i suggest you read my previous posts...

yup hes got things to do, places to go, people to see...farr too busy to repost such silly things

ReputationRep:
    kishan11 appreciate your help a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tia86)
    yup hes got things to do, places to go, people to see...farr too busy to repost such silly things
    you would know all abt it, wouldnt you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloer)
    kishan11 appreciate your help a lot!
    you are very welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kishan11)
    Can you please post the dates if you know them. I've checked your previous posts and I can't find anything...

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stupidiot)
    Can you please post the dates if you know them. I've checked your previous posts and I can't find anything...

Thanks

http://www.city.ac.uk/acdev/academic...cal_06_07.html
    This page has all the dates you'll ever need to know for 2006/2007...

kishan's assistant at your service

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tia86)
    kishan's assistant at your service
    i did not realise i had an assistant let alone a pretty one... :p:

ReputationRep:
    kishan hows the comp sci department at city? Are the computers new and hows the building the dept is in ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v2006)
    kishan hows the comp sci department at city? Are the computers new and hows the building the dept is in ?
    i am not too sure abt the dept tbh but i think it is reasonably good... it is one of those ever improving dept from what i know... the comps are reasonably new, all the comps were upgraded in the last 2 yrs... as for the building, i believe the school of informatics is based in the college building which underwent major re-development after the fire... the outside structure of northampton square is ****e but the inside aint tht bad... hope tht helps... if you need more info just shoot...

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the info man. Im just really confused between doing economics or comp sci. What do you do at uni? Are the prospects for ppl with comp sci degrees good? Im just soooooooooo confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by v2006)
    Cheers for the info man. Im just really confused between doing economics or comp sci. What do you do at uni? Are the prospects for ppl with comp sci degrees good? Im just soooooooooo confused
    do what you enjoy and are keen on doing... i am doing maths and finance... prospects for ppl with a comp sci degree are mixed, there is always demand for em but not everyone can make it big... and everyone seems to have a computers related degree... i know someone who works for an investment bank as an IT consultant and is on some serious money... having said tht so long as you get a good degree you can always do something else... if you do what you enjoy chances are you will be good at it and if you are good at something chances are money will follow you... good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloer)
    Sorry to cut your question v2006, but can anyone recommend me some books to read before I start my Maths course at city? I.e. is there any pre-course reading material for maths?

Cheers
    bostock and chandler - a level maths or something like tht is a good book...

sloman - economics is a good read for economics...

ReputationRep:
    When is moving in day and when do lectures begin?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloer)
    When is moving in day and when do lectures begin?

Thanks
    Tia86 posted the calendar a few posts up. Lectures begin on 25th Sept. Moving in is usually a few days before that.

ReputationRep:
    much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reloaded)
    Tia86 posted the calendar a few posts up. Lectures begin on 25th Sept. Moving in is usually a few days before that.
    moving in is abt 8 or 9 days before cause you have freshers week before lectures start...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reloaded)
    talking about tia, where is my abled assistant... :confused: i dont rem firing her... tia, you aite? :itsme:

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.