david2457
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Technetium)
Already dreading this exam! Urghh
I have started my option - Turning Points - it's really lovely and relaxed :rolleyes:
I am also doing turning points, where are you up to?
david2457
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by grimly)
Haha i totally read this whole thread wrong. I came here from the jan 2013 unit 4 exam thinking this was the jan unit 5 paper

Anyone have the jan 2013 unit 5 (astro) paper by any chance?
This unit is not sat in january, so you only have:
June 12
June 11
June 10
Thats it, unless you want some of the old spec paper which can be found either on a software called exampro or the website: Freepastpapers.
Technetium
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by david2457)
I am also doing turning points, where are you up to?
I am about to start Special Relativity, yourself?
grimly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This unit is not sat in january, so you only have:
June 12
June 11
June 10
Thats it, unless you want some of the old spec paper which can be found either on a software called exampro or the website: Freepastpapers.
Thanks didn't know that. The june 2012 which is the newest paper then, can't seem to find it on the aqa site. Do you have a link for the june 2012 unit 5 (astro) paper by any chance.
david2457
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Technetium)
I am about to start Special Relativity, yourself?
Ahhh, a bit behind, just did Newton Vs Huygens.
Technetium
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Are you teaching it to yourself? In my school TP is self taught :/
grimly
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
so anyone have a link/attach for the june 2012 unit 5 (astrophysics) paper.
fayled
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wow does this mean you guys have finished nuclear and thermal? I'm finishing radioactivity this week so I'm way behind but its a marathon not a sprint haha.

If I finished all the spec so early I would have no idea what to do to revise - there's only 3 proper past papers.
grimly
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Our teachers go through things very quickly, we've finished both sides of the course and are left to do question after question with the help of teachers in class.
david2457
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by fayled)
Wow does this mean you guys have finished nuclear and thermal? I'm finishing radioactivity this week so I'm way behind but its a marathon not a sprint haha.

If I finished all the spec so early I would have no idea what to do to revise - there's only 3 proper past papers.
No, we are being taught the optional and the main bit side by side. Yeah, the issue is the low amount of past papers, we have been given very little material for the optional topic and i am very lost :confused:
grimly
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, we are being taught the optional and the main bit side by side. Yeah, the issue is the low amount of past papers, we have been given very little material for the optional topic and i am very lost :confused:
Using question from textbooks isn't quite the same as past papers. I have been told by my teacher we will receive a whole pack of question styled like exam paper which he has put together and will post it here if anyone would like a look at it. Last years one's were very good, it's just a mix and match of question that would go together in an exam. Awfully hard at times though.
fayled
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh right that makes sense then.
amish123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Past papers and mark schemes for AQA Unit 5 Physics June 2012 (and optional units).

Past papers:
AQA-PHYA5-1-QP-JUN12.pdf
AQA-PHYA5-2A-QP-JUN12.pdf
AQA-PHYA5-2B-QP-JUN12.pdf
AQA-PHYA5-2C-QP-JUN12.pdf
AQA-PHYA5-2D-QP-JUN12.pdf

Mark schemes:

AQA-PHYA52A-W-MS-JUN12.pdf
AQA-PHYA52B-W-MS-JUN12.pdf
AQA-PHYA52C-W-MS-JUN12.pdf
AQA-PHYA52D-W-MS-JUN12.pdf

Enjoy.
username890104
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jarasta)
omg that is bad!!
What are you having to do then?
Just to update you: we're expecting to have a fully qualified substitute teacher from Monday onwards, and she'll be starting from scratch with the syllabus. And medical physics will be the taught optional module, with any other choice needing self-teaching. And we still need to cram in ISAs.
jarasta
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tullia)
Just to update you: we're expecting to have a fully qualified substitute teacher from Monday onwards, and she'll be starting from scratch with the syllabus. And medical physics will be the taught optional module, with any other choice needing self-teaching. And we still need to cram in ISAs.
Wow that is poor of the school. They have wasted so much of your time! I hope you will be alright, they've potential screwed people for their university places!
darryalar
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
anyone here done the isa on shm? Please let me know.
Beth_L_G
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
People doing astrophysics, what book are you using for it?
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by darryalar)
anyone here done the isa on shm? Please let me know.
Ditto, i need some help with preparation for that
david2457
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Ditto, i need some help with preparation for that
Have you done the gas laws ISA?
Aristotle's' Disciple
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by grimly)
Using question from textbooks isn't quite the same as past papers. I have been told by my teacher we will receive a whole pack of question styled like exam paper which he has put together and will post it here if anyone would like a look at it. Last years one's were very good, it's just a mix and match of question that would go together in an exam. Awfully hard at times though.
This sounds very helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (131)
18.3%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.09%
Not great so far... (257)
35.89%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.72%

Watched Threads