Met any rude/horrible 'famous' people? Watch

This discussion is closed.
modini
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When my dad was living in Italy he saw Passarella (Captain of Argentina at the time during the World Cup) training at one of the training grounds. He went down and had a kick about with him, so he must've been a safe guy. My dad also met Bruce Lee... neither was horrible though.

My mum got a lift home once off Martin O'Neill. She also (along with my dad) used to live on the same street as Annie Lennox.

Yeah I know it's not really relevant to the thread.
pandapops
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Met James Nesbitt in Emirates First Class Lounge at London Heathrow, he was on the phone at first and I didn't want to disturb him but after he had a photo with my Mum and was up for a chat. Turns out he was on a slightly earlier flight but he seemed really nice and friendly.

Also found myself on the same flight as Jennifer Aniston, she was sat in the seat directly in front of me and was really nice to all the staff and passengers onboard around her despite us all having a bit of jet lag.

Spoke to Mark Austin on board a flight once also, he was flying out to broadcast and he had a chat with my family and I, he was over the aisle but was more than happy to talk. - Seems to be a correlation with celebrities on flights!

Saw into Joey Barton at a restaurant once and you could just tell he wanted everyone to notice him and crowd round him when in actual fact, not many people even realised they were in the presence of a celebrity. I didn't even know who he was until I overheard someone talking.

Sat opposite (other side of the aisle facing the other direction) Rowan Atkinson on a train to London. He was very quiet and reserved, you could tell he didn't want anyone to notice him as he just wanted a peaceful journey which was understandable. If you see him in real life, he just oozes intelligence!
chocolate buttons
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Zaraah Abrahams gave me a dirty look.
Coconutter
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Zach Braff- he was signing outside when he did his show up the west end- generally lovely man and I'm pretty sure he stayed until everyone had something signed . Was very happy and polite the whole time.

Henry Winkler at a book signing- he was lovely as well- came out and said hello to everyone before he started .

Seen some others but didn't actually talk to them so couldn't say how they seem. So no I don't think I've met any famous people that were horrible, not yet at least.
Siesta
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Megan Fox. Very down to earth, and she's tiny in real life!

Posted from TSR Mobile
gemmam
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
The nice ones I've met:

Sean Bean - Offered me a sandwhich
Chris Martin - Was always really polite
Helena Bonham Carter - Was polite and surprisingly smiley
Gordon Ramsay - You can't believe how shocking it was for this man to be so polite

The not so nice ones:

Melanie Sykes - One of the most disgraceful people I've ever met.
Jeremy Clarkson - Not really a shock to behonest
Charlotte Church - I didn't even know who she was, but she clicked her fingers at me
Noel Fielding - I was standing in the queue behind him, talking on the phone and his friend turned to me and said "He's no going to do an autograph! Stop pestering him!" To which I replied "Who are you?" :rolleyes:

Notice that the rude celebrities are always the ones that hover the dangerous line between being famous and being forgotten, apart from Jeremy Clarkson who puts it on a little bit. Methinks they're just insecure.

Source: I worked in a restaurant that was a bit of a celebrity haunt.
I've never met any famous rude people myself but this reminds me of a story a girl I worked with told me a few years ago. Apprently this is how it went: She was waiting in line to get into a club in Liverpool and Jennifer Ellison was a few people behind her and her mates and was huffing and puffing and complaining about having to wait in line. She got out of the line and marched up to the bouncher and rudely said "Excuse me, do you know who I am?!" to which the bouncher replied "Yeh you're that slapper who used to be in Brookside. You can **** off your not getting in here tonight after speaking to me like that!". Others who were waiting started cheering and laughing.
lucy3003
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This isn't an example of celebrities being rude but my dad had a drink with Rowan Atkinson when he visited Edinburgh, was going to the pub with his friend and his friend invited Rowan Atkinson along too! Apparently he was very nice!
Suzanne123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Goody2Shoes-x)
My dad met Ewan McGregor when he was doing his motorbike thing - they had a bacon sandwich together, apparentley he was lovely.

And my dad didn't even get an autograph for me!:cry:
My auntie met Ewan McGregor once as she works in a hospital in London, and he turned up to talk to all the patients and he stayed for hours - she said he was the loveliest man and totally down to earth
Suzanne123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MrAserFiles)
phil jupitus is a **** IRL he lives down my road :/
A friend of a friend of mine met him once and said he wasn't a nice man - has he ever done anything in particular to you? I think this girl just said he was really up himself when she met him.
linkdapink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've met a not-so-nice rugby player (and not-so-famous unless you follow that specific rugby team). I shan't reveal his name, because we have been friends a long time (since birth), but as soon as he started playing professional rugby he has cut a lot of people out of his life (including his own mother) and even before he started playing rugby, he was very stuck up and arrogant.

On the other hand, his brother who is also a rugby player, is one of the nicest people ever.

Not very famous - but just the strange affect of slight fame.
rattusratus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Runninground)
I don't think famous people should be rude or horrid to the public. They chose to become famous and be in the public eye, therefore they have a duty to be nice to people (Unless of course there is a reason, like someone has just thrown something at them etc).

Even if they are having a bad day, there is no harm in signing and autograph or having a short chat with someone before saying 'sorry I have to go'.

I've not met any famous people though. I saw George Sampson at Butlins once and he was signing autographs, just taking the papers in front of him and signing them with his head down- not chatting, not smiling or anything.
i think he has some sort of learning difficulty, ive met him and hes always a bit social wierd and not quite right but i dont think he means it
Indy-King
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by linkdapink)
I've met a not-so-nice rugby player (and not-so-famous unless you follow that specific rugby team). I shan't reveal his name, because we have been friends a long time (since birth), but as soon as he started playing professional rugby he has cut a lot of people out of his life (including his own mother) and even before he started playing rugby, he was very stuck up and arrogant.

On the other hand, his brother who is also a rugby player, is one of the nicest people ever.

Give us clues to who it is!

Ben / Tom Youngs?
One of the Tuilagis?
Lee Dickson?!

Dylan Hartley came to my end of season rugby dinner for my club, had a good laugh with him. We asked him how hung Tonga'Uiha was, to which he replied 'Well the fans call him Tiny'!
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I met Arjen Robben. He wasn't particularly rude to me or anything, but I still dislike him lol...

I've also met Sir Simon Rattle (his son was one of my friends from my old school), Shah Rukh Khan (he was filming something in Central Park in New York), the Weasley twins (at the botanical gardens in Birmingham), David Cameron (at a curry house in Birmingham) but they were all nice enough.
llessur123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Gok Wan. I was standing behind him in a queue and he ignored the server when she said hello and asked if he would like anything else, I thought that was pretty rude. Not to mention he smelt really strongly of stale sweat.
HarveyCanis
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Coconutter)
Zach Braff- he was signing outside when he did his show up the west end- generally lovely man and I'm pretty sure he stayed until everyone had something signed . Was very happy and polite the whole time.

Henry Winkler at a book signing- he was lovely as well- came out and said hello to everyone before he started .

Seen some others but didn't actually talk to them so couldn't say how they seem. So no I don't think I've met any famous people that were horrible, not yet at least.
I am so ****ing jealous of that.
Cesca(Tony)
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Steven Gerrard - and I guessed I'd always assumed he'd be nice? So when he turned out to be bit of a ****, I was majorly dissapointed
Biddyish
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by linkdapink)

Is that Martin Offiah? I don't know about him but his brother Chariots is just lovely. Although I still don't understand why his nickname is "Great Balls"
katyness
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Cesca(Tony))
Steven Gerrard - and I guessed I'd always assumed he'd be nice? So when he turned out to be bit of a ****, I was majorly dissapointed
NO!! I love Gerrard! He's the reason I support Liverpool

OP, I have met some people from Take Me Out- the guy who said "I was going to pick you, Lucy" (forgot his name) and he is now dating Daniella, if you guys want a bit of gossip but yeah both of them were really nice. Daniella even called me "babe" (**** yeah!)

And I met Van Der Sar during the Olympics. He was very nice and took pictures with my friends. I didn't know who he was so I didn't care about him that much.

My friend had met Davina McCall and she was a right *****, I've heard.
Biddyish
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Confuseddot)
I live in central london, so I've met a fair few through work and such. I famously lightly, I mean people who you may have heard of. To name but a few...

Demi Lovato - Not rude as such but everything was 'Oh, we don't do that in America' 'Oh we do this in America' 'Oh...if this was America it would be done that way.' Everything other word was criticising the UK.

Russell Crowe - Wouldn't talk to anyone...at all. Got his 'people' to talk for him.

Anyone else got anymore stories to share?
I wouldn't knock Demi for that. I spent several years in America and couldn't help saying the same thing but referencing Britain.

As for Russell Crowe he's probably a bit shy after his IrishLancastrianWelsh accent for Robin Hood.
technoo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
Tim Burton too, but I didn't speak to him or anything

Wow :eek:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (61)
67.03%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
20.88%
Yes but I might change my mind (11)
12.09%

Watched Threads