JennyLawless
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jamie100)
I've applied to the forge & i saw this too, i'd probably prefer sharing a floor with first years! Think it would be a better experience for going out for freshers and all that but we'll see i guess. I've only just applied aswell so i'm keeping my fingers crossed i'll get a room!
I want to be with first years not second or third! I know a girl there now and she said she doesn't know any 2nd or 3rd years, only freshers! Makes sense to put us all together x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jamie100
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JennyLawless)
I want to be with first years not second or third! I know a girl there now and she said she doesn't know any 2nd or 3rd years, only freshers! Makes sense to put us all together x

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah i've got a friend there too & he doesn't know any either so i'm not sure what that is about, i've applied through sheffield hallam to see if they put you with freshers. fingers crossed! x
frannnn_x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've applied to the forge & i saw this too, i'd probably prefer sharing a floor with first years! Think it would be a better experience for going out for freshers and all that but we'll see i guess. I've only just applied aswell so i'm keeping my fingers crossed i'll get a room!
Did you apply through Hallam and their accommodation site or through unite?

I know I want to be with first years! Yeah would be better to be with all first years! Hopefully that's what they do! Bit unfair if second years and that can book onto them when all first years need accommodation and should be priority right?!

Hopefully! Hope I get a room there too, I'll be upset if I don't proper want to stay there! Haha
JennyLawless
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I looked round the forge today and they told me wifi is being put in for September I loved it can't wait!!! They said first years are always mainly all together too x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jamie100
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by frannnn_x)
Did you apply through Hallam and their accommodation site or through unite?

I know I want to be with first years! Yeah would be better to be with all first years! Hopefully that's what they do! Bit unfair if second years and that can book onto them when all first years need accommodation and should be priority right?!

Hopefully! Hope I get a room there too, I'll be upset if I don't proper want to stay there! Haha
i applied through Hallam in the end in hope that they'd pair me up with frshers
frannnn_x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i applied through Hallam in the end in hope that they'd pair me up with frshers
Ah yeah think that's best! I'm sure they will!
Eeek so excited for uni!
Jamie100
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by frannnn_x)
Ah yeah think that's best! I'm sure they will!
Eeek so excited for uni!
i'll keep my fingers crossed! haha i know same, i'm on a year out and i only work a few days a week at the minute so i spend most of my time just excited to go!
Akentfield
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey, just booked my accommodation and finally came to chose The Forge, I'm in a room with 4 others so far all first years I think in Block E, looks nice and be good to get to know a few maybe before I go
sophielee123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey guys. Anyone still waiting to hear whether they have got accommodation yet? I put Sheffield Hallam as my insurance and applied for the forge as my first choice and Victoria hall as my second. I never got into my firm so off to Hallam next month still can't wait! I'm studying psychology my status says awaiting allocation just wish it would hurry up anyone else in the same boat? Xx
ashleigh0202
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by sophietaylor)
criminology and psychology at collegiate campus, what are you studying?xx
Im studying the same course! and living in the forge, do you know what room your in and that yet? ive been looking for ages to find someone in same one as me! x
sophietaylor
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ashleigh0202)
Im studying the same course! and living in the forge, do you know what room your in and that yet? ive been looking for ages to find someone in same one as me! x
hiya, yeah im in E114 where abouts are you?x
Kayleighsue
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Akentfield)
Hey, just booked my accommodation and finally came to chose The Forge, I'm in a room with 4 others so far all first years I think in Block E, looks nice and be good to get to know a few maybe before I go
I'm in E block too, what flat are you in?
Chris_Bale
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Use this to find flatmates at the forge:

https://www.facebook.com/TheForgeSheffield20132014 Or here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/548001435254300

https://www.facebook.com/SheffieldHa...tyFreshersWeek

Hope it comes in handy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 27 Oct '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads