What's the meaning of life? Watch

miser
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by A Cat)
I'd think that depends on the end-game really. Do this for me and I'll do this for you - eternal happiness.
To me, that kind of implies that Allah would have needs (which would imply that he was not perfect). If he was omnipotent, he could remove from himself his desire for worship, and create people with eternal happiness in paradise straight from the get-go.
A Cat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by miser)
To me, that kind of implies that Allah would have needs (which would imply that he was not perfect). If he was omnipotent, he could remove from himself his desire for worship, and create people with eternal happiness in paradise straight from the get-go.
Then perhaps we are in eternal happiness, we are just unaware of it due to being aware of other things, and placing more importance on these other things. But yes there are a lot of inconsistencies in some ideas of god, it just depends on the idea if one chooses to even accept/create one. Not that I'm a muslim or do I know the first thing about Islam through my own ignorance.
A Cat
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Reality/life/god is perfect, our perception of reality/life/god is certainly not. i.e. plenty of people think that God is a man in the sky when the truth is that we just don't know, and so to conclude that god is a man in the sky is to create an imperfection in one's perception of life, and seemingly we conclude that life is not perfect.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (110)
17.92%
It's just nice to be back! (166)
27.04%
Not great so far... (221)
35.99%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.06%

Watched Threads