Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

MEN: What Would You Rather Take - A woman or.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Mansion. Whichever sad beta says the girl doesn't deserve to be called a man (srs).

ReputationRep:
    We're assuming that with this girl you'd have a loving fulfilling relationship that would remain strong until one of you dies right?

If so. I'd take the girl. Sounds like a cliche I grant you, but human relationships always offer far more happiness than materiel wealth (assuming you've got enough to live on), so.. yeh. The girl. Every single time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limetang)
    We're assuming that with this girl you'd have a loving fulfilling relationship that would remain strong until one of you dies right?

If so. I'd take the girl. Sounds like a cliche I grant you, but human relationships always offer far more happiness than materiel wealth (assuming you've got enough to live on), so.. yeh. The girl. Every single time.
    ^This. If the girl was literally perfect (in my eyes) and we had the perfect relationship that lasted until one of us died (of old age) then I'd take the girl every time.

Life is for being happy, the girl would make you the happiest you could be...material wealth doesn't guarantee happiness by a long shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    Mansion. Whichever sad beta says the girl doesn't deserve to be called a man (srs).
    :rolleyes:

(Original post by Futility)
    The mansion/toys.

The woman could just leave whenever she wants which, in my case, would probably be after about a week.
    "The most beautiful female (in your eyes; your dream woman) who has the same interests as you and is characteristically compatible with you and wants to get married,"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    Guys, here it is:

You are offered one of two; what would you rather take -

- The most beautiful female (in your eyes; your dream woman) who has the same interests as you and is characteristically compatible with you and wants to get married,

OR,

- A £50million Kensington mansion, fully stocked, coming with a Maybach 62S, a Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 Roadster and a Maserati Quattroporte GTS. The catch is that you are not permitted to sell/let the house, or its assets or the cars until after 30 years; you also only get the above - you don't actually get any money (i.e. asset-rich; cash poor - unless you decide to work).

What would you take?
    Mansion, obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limetang)

:ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redolent)
    :rolleyes:

"The most beautiful female (in your eyes; your dream woman) who has the same interests as you and is characteristically compatible with you and wants to get married,"
    And here's your problem; women (and men) In relationships are vastly different than how they are portrayed in romantic films and literature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redolent)
    Being "characteristically compatible" with me is no guarantee that she wouldn't decide to leave though is it? Besides it's difficult to envisage a woman who would find insecurity, negativity, paranoia and a borderline personality disorder attractive.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't the lack of cash to maintain the house, insure the luxury cars, pay tax, etc. result in very swift bankruptcy? If not, I'd take the house and cars. If so, I would take the woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    And here's your problem; women (and men) In relationships are vastly different than how they are portrayed in romantic films and literature.
    What does that have to do with anything? The point of the scenario at hand is that the woman is as close to fairytale-perfect as humanly possible.

(Original post by Futility)
    Being "characteristically compatible" with me is no guarantee that she wouldn't decide to leave though is it? Besides it's difficult to envisage a woman who would find insecurity, negativity, paranoia and a borderline personality disorder attractive.
    I would say it is since genuine compatibility makes it hard to envision a reason for any relationship-threatening friction to arise. Anyhow there is of course more to you than "insecurity, negativity and paranoia"

ReputationRep:
    Mansion, one hell of a pimp pad.

ReputationRep:
    Assuming the house comes with resources to maintain it such as for tax, ect..(if it didn't this would be a pointless offer since most students won't be able to keep it) then I would take the house. People change so I don't think taking the relationship would be a good idea, we may be perfect now but that is no guarantee in 30 years. Plus I'm more likely to find a girl close to her by myslef than I am to get a home close to offer 2.

ReputationRep:
    Why wouldn't you take the girl? :confused:

In option A, you have a perfect girl who will keep you happy and help in times of hardship. You might not have a massive house but who cares? You're happy!
    In option B, you have a giant mansion but you are sitting there... alone... nobody is there for you, and you're certainly not getting daily sex.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably take the girl but that's only cos you said i'd be cash poor. If i could be cash rich it would be a harder choice.

Although the accountant in me would use the assets as security for a big ass loan from the bank cos i would be cash rich too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baines3)
    Plus you can't have sex with a stunning house
    You sure about that

ReputationRep:
    mansion cu <><

ReputationRep:
    girl for me, I don't need to live in a gigantic house and if i can't make money off it, then its just a waste

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Bull****. In real life, everyone would take the girl. No way. People are not serious here.
    You posted something agreeable for a change! That's new.

ReputationRep:
    If I was a guy, the mansion! Its the obvious choice.

Who wants a girl that perfect with the EXACT same interests as you. No drama in that relationship..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.