Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Interactiveapple)
    But the majority of the threads are from straight people about gay people and if they deserve basic equal rights and acceptance.

When did homosexuals bully straights at school, protest straights funerals, try to take away straight rights, have the biggest religion in the world condemn straights, give straights the death penalty?

Yet you have the sheer ignorance to claim homosexuals are forcing things on straights? Get a grip, you are laughable.
    You must be reading different threads than I am, most of those I seem to come across are from gays initially.

As has already been established, there are many more heterosexuals around than there are homos. It is always minority groups that feel oppressed in some way that seem to feel they have to rise up and fight for their rights. The homosexual lobby is no different in this aspect than any of the others in the past have been.

Homosexuals are not forcing things on heterosexuals - if they were the heteros are well within their rights to beat them off.

The homosexual lobby is trying to push its agenda(s) on society as a whole - not solely on heterosexuals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ufo2012)
    You must be reading different threads than I am, most of those I seem to come across are from gays initially.

Homosexuals are not forcing things on heterosexuals - if they were the heteros are well within their rights to beat them off.

The homosexual lobby is trying to push its agenda(s) on society as a whole - not solely on heterosexuals.
    The majority of threads are questioning gay people from straights and debating them. Gay people are a tiny percent of the population there is no reason they make up 40% of threads because idiots are still against them or people are just using the topic to troll.

Homosexual lobby? How can you even type that with a straight face?:rolleyes: Let me ask what is the end goal of this agenda?

So since heterosexuals have forced things on homosexuals, they were right to beat them off?

ReputationRep:
    Love this.
    How do we not know we are all bisexual?
    Civilisations throughout history point more to the bisexual?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgemuffins)
    I don't understand why people love to debate over homosexuality.

Why do you care what people do with their genitalia?
    I don't give a crap. I just dislike blatant hypocrites.

'Do what you want with your genetilia' 'except, orgies, polygamous relationships, incest,'

ReputationRep:
    So now it has gone from ludicrous to possibly.:rolleyes:
    The possibly referred to whether they had the knowledge. The ludicrous was referring to demanding to know the exact factors in a very complex process. They referred to completely different things.

It would give an example to what the hell they are talking about. Tell me how you determined learning something is environmental without knowing what kind of environment is needed. Surely it is known by testing different people ENVIRONMENTS. :rolleyes:
    Thats not how people test for environmental causes at all. Twin studies is one particular example that can rule out genetics as a singular cause, suggesting environmental factors. But more importantly, studying the backgrounds and upbringing to attempt to identify factors can be tricky. If people with a certain trait grown up with a certain factor, that factor is unlikely to be easily identifiable. You may know for example, that people with a certain trait have abusive fathers, but what element of the abuse may remain a mystery. What's more, environmental factors will create different outcomes based on a) genetic predisposition, and b) previous environmental factors. The point being, that with a lack of a singular genetic cause, environmental factors become the default answer.

It doesn't god damn matter if you think it is doing good, the burden of proof is on him which will be pushed and questioned.
    That's true. But by asking him to provide answers he never claimed to have, you do nothing to undermine or question his original statement.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, I am not making this thread to attack anyone; It's just a thought that I'd like to share. A thought that propagates the notion of ostracizing groups in society, but of course no attack.

Why should Society accept Straight people when there is absolutely no scientific evidence that proves people are born Straight?

If you're someone that still wants to argue that people are born attracted to the opposite sex, despite there being no conclusive scientific evidence then, do you have a problem with people practicing incest? After all, people who practice incest also claim that they are biologically attracted to each other and they aren't doing anything unnatural.

Is there not a double standard here?

Maybe this is why incest is currently Legal in:

Portugal,Russia,Netherlands,Indi a,China,Turkey,Ivory Coast and just recently made illegal in France

What are your thoughts on this?

I'd also like to ask at this point what makes this alleged "student" forum any different from stormfront or the westboro bapist church at this point? It's just troll/hate thread about feminism/women after troll/hate thread about homosexuals, it is boring and sad.

If society didn't accept heterosexuality, we'd all be extinct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    If society didn't accept heterosexuality, we'd all be extinct.
    Not true, thanks to science.

ReputationRep:
    Homosexual lobby? How can you even type that with a straight face?:rolleyes: Let me ask what is the end goal of this agenda?
    They have plenty of goals and I have no interest in promoting them. You will find them easily enough by searching.

So since heterosexuals have forced things on homosexuals, they were right to beat them off?
    Heteros are right to beat off homos if they feel things are being forced on them yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    The possibly referred to whether they had the knowledge. The ludicrous was referring to demanding to know the exact factors in a very complex process. They referred to completely different things.
    Well I want to learn how to be gay, forgive my ludicrous interest. :rolleyes:

If you say you can learn to be gay don't be surprised if someone asks how. End of conversation.

ReputationRep:
    First of all, I am not making this thread to attack anyone; It's just a thought that I'd like to share. A thought that propagates the notion of ostracizing groups in society, but of course no attack.

Why should Society accept Straight people when there is absolutely no scientific evidence that proves people are born Straight?

If you're someone that still wants to argue that people are born attracted to the opposite sex, despite there being no conclusive scientific evidence then, do you have a problem with people practicing incest? After all, people who practice incest also claim that they are biologically attracted to each other and they aren't doing anything unnatural.

Is there not a double standard here?

Maybe this is why incest is currently Legal in:

Portugal,Russia,Netherlands,Indi a,China,Turkey,Ivory Coast and just recently made illegal in France

What are your thoughts on this?

I'd also like to ask at this point what makes this alleged "student" forum any different from stormfront or the westboro bapist church at this point? It's just troll/hate thread about feminism/women after troll/hate thread about homosexuals, it is boring and sad.

Without straight people we would cease to exist. How about that.

ReputationRep:
    Not true, thanks to science.
    Actually, if it hadn't been for heterosexuality, humans wouldn't have been around long enough to be able to develop the scientific techniques necessary to produce offspring without heterosexual sex. I don't think a couple of gay homo erectus' could have performed IVF.

So yes, it is true.

ReputationRep:
    They have plenty of goals and I have no interest in promoting them. You will find them easily enough by searching.

Heteros are right to beat off homos if they feel things are being forced on them yes.
    Not what I asked. I said since heteros have forced things on and killed gay people throughout history are gay people right to beat them off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGjXJuMHOZ4

ReputationRep:
    Not what I asked. I said since heteros have forced things on and killed gay people throughout history are gay people right to beat them off?
    Right now in our society, no-one is hanging from a tree, being imprisoned or tortured simply because they are homosexual.

So in that case, no - gay people have no right at present to beat them off since society and the laws of the land are tolerating gays to live amongst everyone else.

Take some of the African countries for example where those very things are going on though - well, that is a different matter because they being denied basic human rights in those places. In that case, then they have a right to fight back, though they may not necessarily succeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    Actually, if it hadn't been for heterosexuality, humans wouldn't have been around long enough to be able to develop the scientific techniques necessary to produce offspring without heterosexual sex.
    But it is created now so you can't use that argument, unlucky, try again.

ReputationRep:
    Well I want to learn how to be gay, forgive my ludicrous interest. :rolleyes:

If you say you can learn to be gay don't be surprised if someone asks how. End of conversation.
    A learned behavior is different from an ability that can be learned.

By 'learned behavior', they were not suggesting that people can learn to be gay like they learn to play the piano. But rather, it is a developed behavior through environmental conditions.

ReputationRep:
    Right now in our society, no-one is hanging from a tree, being imprisoned or tortured simply because they are homosexual.
    Never said they were.

So in that case, no - gay people have no right at present to beat them off since society and the laws of the land are tolerating gays to live amongst everyone else.
    So in places where that does happen you support gays fighting, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    A learned behavior is different from an ability that can be learned.

By 'learned behavior', they were not suggesting that people can learn to be gay like they learn to play the piano. But rather, it is a developed behavior through environmental conditions.
    You're not his interpretor, you're not needed.

Again, name an environmental condition.

ReputationRep:
    But it is created now so you can't use that argument, unlucky, try again.
    Use what argument? Do you even understand my argument? You don't seem to

Firstly, there is conclusive scientific evidence that people are "born straight" (or strictly speaking, born with a predisposition towards growing up to liking heterosexual sex), for the same reason that there is scientific evidence that people are born with a predisposition towards liking food, or disliking life-threatening danger - namely that the evolution which led to us being here would be very unlikely without it. The same is not true of homosexuality nor incest, and so your original analogy is void.

And secondly, it's hypocritical to consider heterosexuality as unacceptable, in favour of an alternative which required heterosexuality in order to bring it into existence. If you think it was an appropriate course of action for our ancestors to act in such a way that would ultimately allow your scientific alternative to exist (i.e. by having sex), then you are admitting that heterosexual sex was the acceptable thing for them to do. If you think that this was an inappropriate course of action, then as I said, we wouldn't exist.
    (Unless of course, you're suggesting that heterosexuality spontaneously changed from being acceptable to unacceptable at some point in history - in which case you'd also need to explain what caused this, exactly).

ReputationRep:
    So in places where that does happen you support gays fighting, right?
    I already answered that:

Take some of the African countries for example where those very things are going on though - well, that is a different matter because they being denied basic human rights in those places. In that case, then they have a right to fight back, though they may not necessarily succeed.

ReputationRep:
    Again, name an environmental condition.
    Rejection from their father. (for men)
    Close relationship with their mother (also for men)
    More older siblings
    Older mothers
    Death of the mother (for women)
    Being the only daughter in a large family (also for women)
    Divorced parents
    Growing up in a city
    Gender confusion/non-conformity
    Having a twin of a different gender.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.