Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Nope and don't ever plan to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope I've never cheated. I could never do that to someone - I wouldn't like it if they did it to me!

ReputationRep:
    No. I can't imagine a situation where I would even consider it. If I didn't love my boyfriend enough to be faithful to him, I wouldn't be in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a girl, and I haven't cheated, but I know that a semi-recent ex did and regreted it greatly after.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, never cheated and never will - the guilt would kill me. I slept with a guy once who had a girlfriend, I don't know why I ever got involved but I did, and the guilt ate away at me so much that I took an OD.

In regards to my relationships, no I would never do it. Me and my boyfriend have talked about it and he's made it crystal clear he doesn't forgive cheating. Why would I risk my relationship for a dirty quickie in the bushes somewhere? I love my boyfriend too much to hurt him like that. Cheating can damage a person for a very long time, I couldn't do that to someone I cared about. I know that sounds hypocritical after what I said about being the other woman above, but I'll never forgive myself or stop feeling guilty for getting myself into that situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I did cheat/ 2 relationships overlapped by about 24 hours...

I think it's wrong to cheat but if you don't wanna be with some one it's kinda different.

The first guy was very sexually demanding and he cheated on me at the start of the relationship... we were together about 10 months, we argued all the time and he would never text me... he also went up north to see family, and while he was there I would not be able to contact him as he had a different phone that I wasn't allowed the number to!? I told him I loved him ( obviously I was young and didn't know the meaning of the word) but he would say "there must be more to love than this" He was also planning to go to uni at the end of the summer, and had told me we'd have a really good summer together and then split cos he didn't wanna do long distance. WTF right!?

So after him inviting loads of his friend to MY birthday party and ignoring me all day, I got close to and kissed the second guy, who had been showing me lots of attention, texting me everyday etc.

It was pretty awful but he'd seriously damaged my self esteem and I felt I needed someone to treat me better (which the second guy did).
    I think if you do cheat, then the most honorable course of action is to have the guts to end the relationship you had right away. The second most honorable is to inform your partner and respect whatever decision they make.

Cheating is always horrible, and never 'okay,' but you if do one of the above two things (which I think you did, if I'm reading your post right) you can at least retain a significant portion of (in my eyes) dignity and respect. So well done.

ReputationRep:
    Regretting cheating... It's funny when people say how bad yet feel if they cheat isn't it? After all if they felt that bad they wouldn't have done it in the first place, I call liars.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, there are loads of girls who cheat too. They're just better at being secretive about it than guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    Lmao, there are loads of girls who cheat too. They're just better at being secretive about it than guys
    Much better lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Sometimes you have to just stand up for yourself and say look I don't want to be with you no more, and if he refuses to accept that then tough luck, that is his own problem. You can't let people bully you into staying in something you are not happy in.
    I did end up dumping him but I had to do it over text as I couldn't do it to his face. I'm so angry with myself for letting it go on for that long :/
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Annuhlees)
    I did end up dumping him but I had to do it over text as I couldn't do it to his face. I'm so angry with myself for letting it go on for that long :/
    Oh well least you got rid of him in the end

ReputationRep:
    Never cheated and doubt I ever would. If I no longer wanted to be with someone Id break up with them, not cheat on them

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I couldn't ever do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dennisraymondsmith)
    Its common knowledge really
    This thread is proving you wrong...

ReputationRep:
    No, never have and I never will. I have too much respect for my husband and myself to even think about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ETRC)
    This thread is proving you wrong...
    wow a single thread proving me wrong lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dannyisnervous)
    I went away for a week to a party island in Greece and I'm proud to say I didn't cheat on my boyfriend at the time
    Congrats? :king1:

(Original post by sugarmouse)
    In my defence he was treating me exceptionally badly
    Oh well that's ok then

Spoiler:
    Show
    To be fair few blokes would consider visiting/"cuddling" a douchey nice guy/shoulder to cry on type friend 'cheating'

(Original post by Dragonfly07)
    Actually no. Only 22-28% of men cheat and 15-18% of women cheat
    Well done for digging some stats out but it's worth noting that they emanate from self-reporting (American?) surveys (one of which seems to relate specifically to extra-marital cheating).. hence whilst they provide a useful picture, they're not necessarily all that accurate/definitive :beard:

I'd say that more than half of guys of uni-going age in the UK would be tempted to cheat in the right (wrong) circumstances e.g. if the right opportunity presented itself, at the right stage in their relationship, and they were confident no-one would find out. With women I think cheating tends to be more a function of something being wrong in their relationship/head than of shameless opportunism!

I'd be surprised if none of my ex's cheated on me, given the emphasis on emotional nourishment.. :rolleyes: If they did they were pretty slick about it as I'm not aware of ever having been cheated on (and have/would never cheat myself)

(Original post by xOHarriet)
    This said, I was the "other girl" once .. actually had to stand in front of the girl in a queue the other day... that was awkward.
    Boom! Karma strikes! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)

Well done for digging some stats out but it's worth noting that they emanate from self-reporting (American?) surveys (one of which seems to relate specifically to extra-marital cheating).. hence whilst they provide a useful picture, they're not necessarily all that accurate/definitive :beard:

I'd say that more than half of guys of uni-going age in the UK would be tempted to cheat in the right (wrong) circumstances e.g. if the right opportunity presented itself, at the right stage in their relationship, and they were confident no-one would find out. With women I think cheating tends to be more a function of something being wrong in their relationship/head than of shameless opportunism!

I'd be surprised if none of my ex's cheated on me, given the emphasis on emotional nourishment.. :rolleyes: If they did they were pretty slick about it as I'm not aware of ever having been cheated on (and have/would never cheat myself)
    You're right, the stats do come from American married couples, so obviously people who did choose to commit. More than half is a bit of a high number though... would you cheat if you were under those circumstances? It's a bit too depressing to believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)

Spoiler:
    Show
    To be fair few blokes would consider visiting/"cuddling" a douchey nice guy/shoulder to cry on type friend 'cheating'

Boom! Karma strikes! :laugh:
    I think it can be worse sometimes!I'd rather my guy got absolutely wrecked and fumbled with some random girl than he formed a close relationship with one with emotions involved.
    But yes-we didn't have a 'relationship' to speak of anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    would you cheat if you were under those circumstances? It's a bit too depressing to believe
    I would like to think I would never cheat but the fact that I haven't to date has a lot to do with the fact that I rarely commit to exclusivity in the first place

I've committed with 3 girls and the only time I was tempted was when an ex came to see me at uni totally out of the blue and stayed over, but I resisted the temptation, in spite of her best efforts! :laugh: My new gf would never have known, and she turned out to be a horrible person tbh, but I think to cheat is too show disrespect and callous disregard for the feelings of a loved one, and more fundamentally to destroy one's own (sense of) integrity

I'd rather my guy got absolutely wrecked and fumbled with some random girl than he formed a close relationship with one with emotions involved
    Hmm.. I guess if you didn't want to lose that person then that makes sense. Methinks I'd rather a partner of mine cheated on me because she found someone she felt closer to/made her happier, than just acted like a slutbag with a random.. but then I'm male, and strangely philosophical about these things :beard:

But yes-we didn't have a 'relationship' to speak of anyway.
    Note: many women giving lack of emotional investment as a reason to stray - doesn't really wash with me unless someone is literally a prisoner in a relationship

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.