Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What would you do if your children are homosexual Watch

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    If your child became a traffic warden even I would cast them out. :lol:
    good! lol my potential ******* children will get no handouts for being a traffic warden lol.

ah I strongly dislike traffic wardens, they make towns and cities so much more inconvinient lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    well, at least if my daughter was a lesbian, I wouldn't have to worry about the billions of penises that could impregnate her...
    Abysmal post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeM90)
    good! lol my potential ******* children will get no handouts for being a traffic warden lol.

ah I strongly dislike traffic wardens, they make towns and cities so much more inconvinient lol
    Well if I ever have children, that be through that new method which recently was announced as possible where both dads could give their DNA to the baby, bog standard artificial insemination with surrogate or adoption (all are quite unlikely at this stage as I still hate children - but that could change) I will teach them about which jobs to not choose, even if you are starving and living on the street. Traffic Warden and Tax Collector spring to mind....

ReputationRep:
    I would be happy for them, but then be an awkward parent like Regina George's on Mean girls - offering condoms and lube whenever they are in the presence of another person they like. :mmm:
    What would a girl need condoms for? :beard: You only want boys? SEXIST!!! :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    What would a girl need condoms for? :beard: You only want boys? SEXIST!!! :fuhrer:
    Dildos? You don't want to spreading nothing around - and your daughter's girlfriend could pick something up. I'm not being sexist I'm pulling out all the stops :holmes:

Even then if they didn't need them it could be an ironic/awkward joke.

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't care. Hopefully I'd raise my kids to understand that homosexuality is natural, and really not a big thing, to the point where they wouldn't even have to "come out" to me, they'd just grow up knowing they were gay and that's just as fine as being straight is.

ReputationRep:
    Dildos? You don't want to spreading nothing around - and your daughter's girlfriend could pick something up. I'm not being sexist I'm pulling out all the stops :holmes:

Even then if they didn't need them it could be an ironic/awkward joke.
    I see :holmes: You know moar than I thought you would... kids these days :shakecane:

I know I would make ironic gestures towards my kids :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    I see :holmes: You know moar than I thought you would... kids these days :shakecane:

I know I would make ironic gestures towards my kids :mmm:
    I have
    Added Power and Understanding in Sex Education

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    Take him to a strip club!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    I'm not sure this works. It anyway doesn't for me. You'd surely be at least as far 'removed' from a daughter, even a straight daughter, as from a gay son. I mean, sexuality doesn't seem as importantly defining as gender. And if you could chat to a straight son about girl problems, why couldn't you do the same with a gay daughter?

To be perfectly honest, and while sex is certainly one of my interests, it isn't one I'm at all keen to discuss with either parent. We have bonded, heterosexual parents and heterosexual son, but not over this. Heterosexual sex isn't explicitly a shared interest of ours and I'd actually be mortified if my parents started to broach relationship issues in a way that required reference to sexual mechanics. To the limited extent that we've had talks about my romantic life, they've been exclusively about issues such as trust and loyalty, getting over loss and so on, topics need make no reference to the gender of the other party.
    I never mentioned sex or 'sexual mechanics', only relationships. Regardless, I guess I'm hoping for a 'traditional' family and the normal social and personal experiences that entails.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely nothing apart from loving and supporting them. It does not matter what gender your child is attracted to.

I'll get the brick.

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty I'd probably do what someone I knows dad did when he found out, politely ignore it and never have it spoken of in the house again...

ReputationRep:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Well, I'd tell them that I accept them for who they are, and that I'm proud that they felt they could share something so personal with me. I'd say that they have nothing to be ashamed of, and that there's nothing wrong with being gay. I'd tell them that they should be who they want to be(so long as they don't harm anyone in the process) and just be happy.
    I'd say the same thing if I found out my child was heterosexual.

ReputationRep:
    I would taking them to the local mosque and pray to see if i can helping for them, if nothing changing then is gods will and i having to change my beliefs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mullah.S)
    I would taking them to the local mosque and pray to see if i can helping for them, if nothing changing then is gods will and i having to change my beliefs.
    Why would you pray to help someone who is homosexual? Homosexual people don't need help, it's not an illness. There is nothing wrong with being homosexual.

ReputationRep:
    i would love them regardless, but try and show them that they are sinning and hope that they can suppress the urges.

ReputationRep:
    Tease them about people they fancy at school same as I would if they were straight, and hopefully I'll stay in contact with my friend I'm living with next year, he's gay so if my son(s) ever needed to talk to him about anything they didn't feel they could ask me I'd direct them his way. It wouldn't make the slightest difference to me. I'm not fussed about biological children/grandchildren so that wouldn't upset me either. And I know my parents wouldn't care so they'd have at least one set of supportive grandparents as well. I don't think I could ever marry a homophobe so their dad wouldn't care either.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.