Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you normally look in for a person to date? watch

ReputationRep:
    Lookswise:

Anywhere between 5'8ft and 5'10-11ft (I'm 5'4, anything taller then 6ft would look stupid)
    Not skinny, no 6 pack (looks revolting, I think), or overweight - just an average guy
    Piercing Eyes - that's the first thing which I notice

Qualities:
    Humour - Not racist, sexist, 'banter', or crude jokes, I like wit and sarcasm. Humour is a total turn on
    Someone who can debate with me and tell me when I'm wrong - I hate guys who are too weak to have a proper opinion
    Liberal - Someone who thinks that its up to the indivuidual (re. abortion, etc)
    Someone who likes to take me to places, museums etc, explore, travel together etc
    NOT A 'LAD'
    Someone who believes that sex should only take place in a relationship, no ONS or FwBs..

I don't care if they drink or smoke, they can do what they like, I'm not controlling!

ReputationRep:
    Must exist

ReputationRep:
    Oh you know the usual....:rolleyes:

...a vagina

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domg1994)
    *raises hand*
    Lol dude, if you keeping coming across so mushy and desperate like this you'll never get laid bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatrollingstone)
    Lol dude, if you keeping coming across so mushy and desperate like this you'll never get laid bro.
    Ahaha it was clearly a joke man. And if I need advice on how to get laidm I'll ask for it. Thanks ((((:

ReputationRep:
    A pulse

ReputationRep:
    - A sense of humour, nothing worse than being with someone who can't laugh at your AMAZINGLY bad jokes.
    -kind, caring
    -Good with children (not that I have any, but its a trait I like in someone)
    -Someone who's honest and doesn't lead me on
    - Someone who is understanding and empathetic.
    -Someone I can debate with, who doesn't agree with everything I say.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of looks
    - I do not care, at the end of the day ones exterior can be changed, but it is the inside that you have to live with!

In terms of qualities:
    - Good sense of humour ~ and can maintain a good conversation/banter
    - Doesnt take himself too seriously
    - Not too opinionated
    - Not too clingy
    - Preferably a Physicist/Chemist so that we can make bad science jokes and argue about QM and ST :rolleyes:

ETA: He must also be a cultured person. I come from a diverse background so it's important that I date somebody willing to accept that and who will not be judgemental

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LepreJohn)
    Hey guys thought I'll make a light hearted thread. What would you normally look for in a person to date them?

For me they have to be down to earth, funny, kind, caring and at least show an interest in getting to know me.
    Everything my current boyfriend is; clever, well-travelled, interested in the law / a lawyer, eclectic tastes, good kisser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Technetium)
    - Preferably a Physicist/Chemist so that we can make bad science jokes and argue about QM and ST :rolleyes:
    This! They say opposites attract, but I think the fact that my bf is a barrister and I'm a law student is actually very much part of the glue that binds us together. It's nice sharing your life with someone who "gets" you and the profession you're in / seeking to join.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MostUncivilised)
    This! They say opposites attract, but I think the fact that my bf is a barrister and I'm a law student is actually very much part of the glue that binds us together. It's nice sharing your life with someone who "gets" you and the profession you're in / seeking to join.

Exactly! I am always talking about Chemistry and Physics, so if my bf were an Arts student, I would bore him to death! Do you two always argue about Law related topics?

ReputationRep:
    They must be able to go over speedbumps smoothly without wobbling the car as it is too embarrasing if you dont even know where your tyres are.

ReputationRep:
    Good looking, smashing personality, laughs at my jokes because she finds it funny and not doing it out of politeness...

ReputationRep:
    Someone I can have a laugh with, and who is easy to talk to.

Ideally they'd have similar hobbies to me so there'd be things we could do together outside of the regular stuff too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xOHarriet)
    - Honestly and openness are pretty important to me
    - Someone who's spontaneous and up for new things
    - Someone who can have a laugh and doesn't take everything too seriously
    - The kind of person who I can have fun with no matter where we are or what we're doing
    - I like people who break conventions too, sure dinner dates or the movies are nice, but there are so many other fun things to do with someone you're getting to know that a lot of people seem to neglect
    This and somebody who treats others nice, polite, has her own life, independent, loves her family and isn't on the club scene too much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I want to be physically attracted to them, I'd also like it if they enjoyed working out like me, I don't think I'd get on with them if they didn't enjoy being fit and taking care of their body.

As for personality, I find many different sorts of people attractive so it would be too hard to single out certain traits. Just as long as they aren't a **** and are spontaneous and adventurous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I usually like guys with leadership qualities also funny, easy going and openminded.
    They have to be into sports whether it'd be playing or watching and keep in shape (they don't have to be athletic just someone who takes care of their body)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.