Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jkpmc)
    so do i...far too early for revision though..
    My rule was always to relax (relatively) during term and then work hard over the holidays (except summer of course). That way I enjoyed my time at school, and the holidays left me with more than enough time to relax as it was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaraWarah)
    I'd rather not disclose my title for obvious reasons, but it was a joint venture between the mathematics and economics departments. As above, no, I will not name my supervisor in the interest of my anonymity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Let me get this straight, you get a 6 figure salary, have aPHD and you claim people like you. Yet you won't disclose what you studied and you use your spare time to brag about your life over the Internet. I call BS.

As for the OP you have plenty time just make sure what you're revising is going into your head.

ReputationRep:
    Calm down, go to sleep. Tomorrow morning wake up, plan what subject you are going to work on (preferably the subject for which the exam is closest) and aim to complete a few topics. Take a break, recall all that you have learnt, then move on to another topic. Once you've covered all of the topics (it may take a couple of days per subject), do every past paper you can. Exam technique is the way to a good result. People don't seem to comprehend this.

Remember you don't have to do equal amounts of revision for each subject. Better to work on the one in which you are currently at the ****tiest standard, and leave the one in which you are good at for the moment.

You have plenty of time, if you use that time effectively. I do four A2s (maths and 3 sciences) and I'm not even starting any revision 'til next week or so.

ReputationRep:

I base my intelligence estimate on my success in academia (double first class honours BA, an MSc, and a research PhD, all at diffierent institutions, and all world top 5) and the workplace, where I have had the success to earn a highly comfortable six figure salary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If this is so, then why did you post this on a recent thread titled 'What kind of university do you wish to graduate in?'

'Hopefully not anywhere too substandard. Cambridge will do, but I suppose I might even consider Oxford/Harvard. '

Suggesting you have not yet graduated. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cake Faced Kid.)
    If this is so, then why did you post this on a recent thread titled 'What kind of university do you wish to graduate in?'

'Hopefully not anywhere too substandard. Cambridge will do, but I suppose I might even consider Oxford/Harvard. '

Read my post again. Can you not tell that it's a joke?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lanre)
    Let me get this straight, you get a 6 figure salary, have aPHD and you claim people like you. Yet you won't disclose what you studied and you use your spare time to brag about your life over the Internet. I call BS.

As for the OP you have plenty time just make sure what you're revising is going into your head.
    Of course I won't disclose my title/supervisor, to remain anonymous.. just as most people wish to remain on forums.

I've told you that it was between the mathematics and economics departments at my university, but to tell you more would mean you could easily locate me given my name, approximate age, PhD subject, and that it was at a world top five..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Cake Faced Kid.)

(Original post by Lanre)

meh, the guy is nothing short of a troll.

ReputationRep:
    Of course I won't disclose my title/supervisor, to remain anonymous.. just as most people wish to remain on forums.

I've told you that it was between the mathematics and economics departments at my university, but to tell you more would mean you could easily locate me given my name, approximate age, PhD subject, and that it was at a world top five..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    U dont want to disclose your information, yet you have a profile pic of your gf n her name as a username? I hope she knows her pic is on here...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megfashion)
    U dont want to disclose your information, yet you have a profile pic of your gf n her name as a username? I hope she knows her pic is on here...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The picture is not of her, it's from the built in selection of avatars on TSR. And yes, we both use this account now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do like 3 hours revision a day. That's manageable methinks, and it's certainly enough for you to get those grades and maybe even higher
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Similar-ish problem, albeit not as bad? 6 exams, need AAB for the uni and course of my dreams. The basic plan at the moment is to ensure that by the end of Easter, all of my revision notes will be up to scratch, as will much of my knowledge (making notes is essentially revising anyway). From then on it'll be reading/highlighting notes, rewriting them to make them briefer if possible, and doing past papers.

For me, I predict that about 5-6 hours a day during Easter will enable me to do this. For you, I suspect it'll require more but that's fine as long as you don't waste your day, you stay energised and you make sure you have enough breaks.

ReputationRep:
    -Make a (realistic) study plan

-Stick to it religiously

-???

-Profit

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.