Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    As much as you feel you need to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiella)
    Yeah whatever works for you really. I never worked crazy hours during my A levels, save that for uni ha
    im not gona get into uni lol- i guess i wil ltry and get ajob or travel world. but my college said i was gona become a neet and a burden on society

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    lol, alright english lit is respected and so is history. Both of these are what i class as secondary A levels. Primary A levels are the traditional sciences and languages. secondary are mostly humanties. tertiary are media studies, film studies etc.

you have 3 secondary and 1 tertiary A level, so i guess it was wrong to say all easy subjects but u arent exactly going to have a hard time with them lol.
    The basic flaw in your argument is putting sciences above humanities. With this you are saying that for e.g a History degree is 'easier' than a Biology degree, and so forth. i think starting a debate on a topic that has been so vastly discussed on TSR is pointless.

All of my subjects excluding Business Studies are traditional ones, thus their difficulty equals the difficulty of science subjects.

ReputationRep:
    The sciences are harder than history. If you are taking history along with say maths, chemistry, biology- you are more likely to do better in history. This is down to statistics and empirical evidence
    *Source forthcoming*. They are completely different, if you can't write a coherent essay you will crash and burn in History, English Lit, RS etc.

Also, History, English Lit, RS, Economics etc are seen by all uni's as top-tier subjects, alongside the sciences.

ReputationRep:
    im not gona get into uni lol- i guess i wil ltry and get ajob or travel world. but my college said i was gona become a neet and a burden on society
    Your college clearly doesn't know ****. Succeed in the way you want to succeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple_clouds)
    The basic flaw in your argument is putting sciences above humanities. With this you are saying that for e.g a History degree is 'easier' than a Biology degree, and so forth. i think starting a debate on a topic that has been so vastly discussed on TSR is pointless.

All of my subjects excluding Business Studies are traditional ones, thus their difficulty equates the difficulty of science subjects.
    if you honestly think geography is in the same category as chemistry, then you are simply deluded lol.

but there are differences in difficulties in the humanties and sciences, e.g chemistry has the highest fail rate out of any A level. Why do you think this is? A friend of mine got straight U's in physics maths chemistry, she retook and did new subjects and picked up geography. She has ended up with a B in geography.

ReputationRep:
    lol, alright english lit is respected and so is history. Both of these are what i class as secondary A levels. Primary A levels are the traditional sciences and languages. secondary are mostly humanties. tertiary are media studies, film studies etc.

you have 3 secondary and 1 tertiary A level, so i guess it was wrong to say all easy subjects but u arent exactly going to have a hard time with them lol.
    HOW CAN YOU PUT HISTORY AND MEDIA STUDIES CLOSE TOGETHER :confused:

History is ****ing hard, I swear I'm telling the truth, I got 98 in c1 but a C in history, but revised more for history does that say something? science alevels aren't doss nor are humanities, I'd argue for someone science orientated like me, essay subjects are a pain in the arse and bloody challenging

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiella)
    Your college clearly doesn't know ****. Succeed in the way you want to succeed.
    yh bro i guess im just gona have to hustle hard but real talk next year man if i dont get good grades at end of this year yh i probs wont get a job coz i have bad social skills so i'd have to go on jsa probs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    HOW CAN YOU PUT HISTORY AND MEDIA STUDIES CLOSE TOGETHER :confused:

History is ****ing hard, I swear I'm telling the truth, I got 98 in c1 but a C in history, but revised more for history does that say something? science alevels aren't doss nor are humanities, I'd argue for someone science orientated like me, essay subjects are a pain in the arse and bloody challenging

i didnt exactly put them close together, where else would u have me place them? maybe u are just science orientated, lack crativity and essay writing skills thats why u did bad in history. most people i know who did history along with sciences did better in history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeonVII)
    French, Maths and Chemistry (dropped English lit after AS and got an A in it)
    Hey I was just wondering who was your exam board for french?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xMr_BrightSide)
    *Source forthcoming*. They are completely different, if you can't write a coherent essay you will crash and burn in History, English Lit, RS etc.

Also, History, English Lit, RS, Economics etc are seen by all uni's as top-tier subjects, alongside the sciences.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...chools.alevels

ReputationRep:
    Facilitating subjects

maths and further maths
    English literature
    physics
    biology
    chemistry
    geography
    history
    languages

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-21162960

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NightStrider)
    As much as you feel you need to.
    library 9-4pm ting except tuesdays its 9am-7pm ting that should be enough every day of easter except sabbath as thats the day of rest and also good friday and easter monday

ReputationRep:
    Facilitating subjects

maths and further maths
    English literature
    physics
    biology
    chemistry
    geography
    history
    languages

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-21162960
    nah man traditional sciences are harder

ReputationRep:
    nah man traditional sciences are harder
    Go learn french then and do an alevel in it, you've said your not doing well in your exams alone, hence why you're probably placing far too much weight on your own subjects as being difficult for your lack of revision, you clearly haven't got the writing skills for English either

ReputationRep:
    im a2, and have 9 or 10 exams this summer and doing maths chemistry and biology. i also need to finish my chemistry coursework and extended project. how much should i do? thnx
    As much as you could possibly do...........

ofc with breaks

Don't know if you have heard about this method of revising, I tried it for my January modules and surprisingly it worked for me!

• 25 minutes study
    • 5 minutes break
    • 25 minutes study
    • 5 minutes break
    • 25 minutes study
    • 5 minutes break
    • 25 minutes study
    • 5 minutes break
    • 25 minutes break
      and repeat this again for other subjects

ReputationRep:
    Go learn french then and do an alevel in it, you've said your not doing well in your exams alone, hence why you're probably placing far too much weight on your own subjects as being difficult for your lack of revision, you clearly haven't got the writing skills for English either
    whys man trying to beef with me? i said, if u read my post, that language were primary A levels along with the traditional sciences. maybe learn to read? and fam i got an A in my english gcse thats suficent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by librastar28)
    As much as you could possibly do...........

ofc with breaks

Don't know if you have heard about this method of revising, I tried it for my January modules and surprisingly it worked for me!

• 25 minutes study
    • 5 minutes break
    • 25 minutes study
    • 5 minutes break
    • 25 minutes study
    • 5 minutes break
    • 25 minutes study
    • 5 minutes break
    • 25 minutes break
      and repeat this again for other subjects
    tbh man i prefer doing long revision then break, i cant do 5 minute breaks and i owud be smoking too much if i did that

ReputationRep:
    tbh man i prefer doing long revision then break, i cant do 5 minute breaks and i owud be smoking too much if i did that
    It varies from person to person. If this works for me, I can't guarantee that it would for you as well. Btw I definitely need breaks because otherwise I get distracted and can't revise properly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by librastar28)
    It varies from person to person. If this works for me, I can't guarantee that it would for you as well. Btw I definitely need breaks because otherwise I get distracted and can't revise properly.
    yh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.