Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

26 year old guy dating an 18 year old girl? Would that be wrong? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Errr it depends on the two people involved.

I turned 31 yesterday, I am at university I couldn't see myself with 95% plus of the girls IF I was single due to them having such a different mind set and nothing to do with looks.

ReputationRep:
    Good to know I'm not the only one(I'm 18 right now dating a 24 year old). What did your mom or dad think of you dating a 26 year old while u were only 18
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Ashante)
    Good to know I'm not the only one(I'm 18 right now dating a 24 year old). What did your mom or dad think of you dating a 26 year old while u were only 18
    This is an old thread

ReputationRep:
    I am a psychology student. Anthony. There is nothing wrong with 26 year old guy dating 18 years old.. It's just a matter of self comfort.. If two people feel Great together, you will also benefit from extremely successful sex relationships. Moreover, scientists proven that men who have younger girls live longer. Girls feel safer due to experience in life. It is beneficial, however often teen 16-18 girls don't have experience required to manage more adultery life than they are used to it... Girls tend to love experience, boys love to see beautiful and mature 18 years old, who are ready for serous relationships. The answer is yes. It is OK. Not manageable age difference redline is 12years difference.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by WhiteWalker)
    (...)

What do you think about 26 year old guy dating an 18 year old girl though? Would it be strange or not?
    Age gab of 8 years, there are even couples with more than a decade. It is not unusual in my view. For me it is too young.

ReputationRep:
    I’m very sceptical of older guys dating younger women.

I was an 18 year old dating a 26 year old a few of years ago and I was quite naive about it as I hadn’t had much relationships/experience and I did get used and dropped. However when I was 19 I was seeing a 27 year old and although that didn’t work out either there was nothing malicious and he was a good guy. Honestly all depends on the girls maturity and the man’s intentions. You are an adult at 18, 99% chance you’ve completely physically matured I don’t see an issue with it at all. You can’t help who you like
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.