Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I'm not heard of most of the artists mentioned in this thread...

Michael Buble
    Olly Murs
    Bruno Mars
    Westlife
    Green Day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    I know what you mean, that is lost, that Rock & Roll is dead, do not hate on Indie Kids now, :pierre: all we want is a good time :dance:

TBH though, concerts are not the best place to have a great atmosphere, that's what festivals are for! The crazy people come out then :headbang:
    What god awful concerts have you been going to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    Green Day -this is mainly due to many people adoring them when they aren't that great, I swear they play the same 3 chords in their songs
    and a lot more but not as much as these.
    The 3 chords is kind of why people adore them so much. They make such great music from so few chords. And this is known as punk rock by the way. Blink 182? Sum 41? The offspring? They all design simple songs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devel)
    What god awful concerts have you been going to?
    I've been to amazing concerts but, the Festivals I've been to have always surpassed the concerts imo :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    I've been to amazing concerts but, the Festivals I've been to have always surpassed the concerts imo :dontknow:
    If you are talking about watching the same artist and comparing a festival to their own show it just sounds surprising.

ReputationRep:
    forgot about Lana del Rey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Azealia Banks is potentially the worst thing I have ever heard.

Ellie Goulding is dire too.

ReputationRep:
    An artist in the top 40.

ReputationRep:
    the saturdays, pretty but thats it.

ReputationRep:
    Blood on the Dancefloor, Design The Skyline, Black Veil Brides... :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzi.b)
    Azealia Banks is potentially the worst thing I have ever heard.

Ellie Goulding is dire too.
    Azealia Banks isn't that bad, she can definitely rap. I'm not her biggest fan by any means but there are people more deserving of criticism than her. Nicki Minaj and Tulisa for a start. Take this track from Tulisa for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99p0zkbgPY

"The Female Boss", "British Swag"

It's just painfully cringe worthy. She's a terrible singer that makes terrible music. Azealia Banks has more talent in her rectal cavity than Tulisa could ever dream of having.

ReputationRep:
    LMFAO make me want to repeatedly punch myself in the face.

Unfortunately, their my sister's favourite band. We end up having music offs, with me trying to drown out their immature, autotuned crap with Queens of the stone age, I win every time.

Also, One Direction covering Blondie. You can't. She's a classic, you're a marketing driven boyband. No. Just no. Never.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShockHorror17)
    Blood on the Dancefloor, Design The Skyline, Black Veil Brides... :yucky:
    How did I miss them out :nooo: I honestly don't know anyone who likes them :lol: They make me cringe so much, how on Earth did they get a recording contract :confused:

ReputationRep:
    At the risk of sounding cliche: Nickelback.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get all the anger toward One Direction, well I do get it but I don't get why it's specifically them who seem to evoke such rage among people. Yeah they're crap and manufactured but so are a lot of acts that chart. I don't see why they should be singled out for it. It's the same with Justin Bieber. Everyone hates him but a lot of people who hate him probably listen to other artists who are just as bad. Is it just the image they have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    How did I miss them out :nooo: I honestly don't know anyone who likes them :lol: They make me cringe so much, how on Earth did they get a recording contract :confused:
    The lyrics are just so bad. I know people who practically worship them :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I just realised that I forgot the one band I hate most: Manowar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbk4894)
    simple , which singers and bands do you not like the songs off or generally which do you dislike or hate?
    Nickleback - the singer's whiny voice...

OTOH, I used to hate Morrissey's voice and delivery, but now I love it.

ReputationRep:
    Any cover that Glee have done... or any ''original'' songs by them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    I don't get all the anger toward One Direction, well I do get it but I don't get why it's specifically them who seem to evoke such rage among people. Yeah they're crap and manufactured but so are a lot of acts that chart. I don't see why they should be singled out for it. It's the same with Justin Bieber. Everyone hates him but a lot of people who hate him probably listen to other artists who are just as bad. Is it just the image they have?
    I agree with this - I don't think 1D or Bieber deserve quite the amount of vitriol that's directed at them. Sure, their music may be unimaginative and bland, but it's not necessarily bad. The real issue surrounding them is the way that their fans take them far too seriously. But as for the artists themselves, they've found something they can do that allows them to make stupendous sums of money at a young age - you'd be mad not to go along with it IMO.

My two pence:
    1) Nicki Minaj - a stretch to call anything she produces 'music', as far as I can tell.
    2) N-Dubz - see above.
    3) Cannibal Corpse - their music seems to be all about being 'brutal', and it's more of an image than music seeing as you can't even hear anything apart from ridiculous dischordant guitar and awful vocals. Not even a convincing image either. Lots of groups here fit the same mould - trying to keep up some form of image that doesn't actually reflect what they're like, while all the same making 'music' that is absolutely atrocious.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.